Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Skins signed Nnamdi, Jenkins and DRC what would your reaction be?

In The Barrel

Just was wondering what your thoughts would have been as far as improvement in record, team chemistry and overall feeling if this would have happened instead of the Eagles getting them? Would you say, same old FO , or would it give you hope and make you happy they improved?

DRC I'd of been happy with, a highly talented, great age corner (as I would of been with the Harris pick up over extending Brown as we did); but not the other two.

We're in the midst of a complete rebuild. 30 year old veteran FA's, no matter how good, is NOT the way to go around that. Had we signed Asomugha or the injury prone Jenkins, I'd of been wholly pissed and arguing against both moves as I was before you guys picked them up.

Augmenting your team with older, proven guys to try take you over the top works when your already established and have the core the Eagles do. But we don't, so there's no comparison to ask this at all.

Hail.

DRC I'd of been happy with, a highly talented, great age corner (as I would of been with the Harris pick up over extending Brown as we did); but not the other two.

We're in the midst of a complete rebuild. 30 year old veteran FA's, no matter how good, is NOT the way to go around that. Had we signed Asomugha or the injury prone Jenkins, I'd of been wholly pissed and arguing against both moves as I was before you guys picked them up.

Augmenting your team with older, proven guys to try take you over the top works when your already established and have the core the Eagles do. But we don't, so there's no comparison to ask this at all.

Hail.

doesn't their core consist of jackson and maclin though? jackson hasn't showed because he is holding out for a new contract, and maclin is very sick, so i dunno if these players put them over the top. i think they assumed all would be well with their WR's and essentially mortgaged their future.

doesn't their core consist of jackson and maclin though? jackson hasn't showed because he is holding out for a new contract, and maclin is very sick, so i dunno if these players put them over the top. i think they assumed all would be well with their WR's and essentially mortgaged their future.

Oh, I don't for one minute think it put's them anywhere near being 'over the top' man. The Eagles are the Eagles, and as such they'll ALWAYS find new and interesting ways to screw the pouch in spectacular style come play-off time. I aren't worried about Philthy winning it all in the slightest.

I was just trying to make the comparison that their far more ready to add veteran FA's than we are in our situation.

Hail.

Oh, I don't for one minute it put's them anywhere near being 'over the top' man. The Eagles are the Eagles, and as such they'll ALWAYS find new and interesting ways to screw the pouch in spectacular style come play-off time. I aren't worried about Philthy winning it all in the slightest.

I was just trying to make the comparison that their far more ready to add veteran FA's than we are in our situation.

Hail.

gotcha, i ain't worried about them either. they'll be flashy, they'll win some games big and lose some games big, but in the end....they'll choke

gotcha, i ain't worried about them either. they'll be flashy, they'll win some games big and lose some games big, but in the end....they'll choke

This thread was not supposed to be if the Eagles will win

a SB or not, it is to see if Skins fans think if they added

two top notch DBs and a proven DT - would you like

the moves and praise your FO. Reason is I heard great things

on this board about Jenkins and Nnamdi from many

ES posters a couple months ago - now these signings are

crap. Old players, wouldn't help us anyway, Eagles did not improve

on and on, even local radio call ins. Just wanted some HONEST opinions

haters need not apply... Just honest football rational on if these players

Would have improved the wins.

lol, what are you 10? it's not hating to make valid points, just because they don't agree with yours doesn't mean they are wrong. please pull up all of my posts hoping we land any of these guys.

we are in a different situation than you, is that wrong? i think if we landed any of them we would be throwing money down a hole because they would make us marginally better while not good enough to get over the hump because we aren't 1-2 players away.

you are in a different situation than us, is that wrong? you landed all of these players, but snubbed your best WR in the process, and the other you thought would be fine for the season is now having some sort of serious illness keep him out. so at this point you are out your 2 top WR's (until further notice), landed 2 good cb's and snubbed your current cb, and picked up a 3-4 DE to play in the 4-3, is that about right?

i think you mortgaged your future. you signed older, unnecessary players to come in, wasting money that should have been spent on your top wideout. this is a vinny cerrato move, enjoy.

EDIT:

and

please stop

ending your

lines halfway

through the post it

gets annoying to

have to read

what you have

posted

than-

k you

i think you mortgaged your future. you signed older, unnecessary players to come in, wasting money that should have been spent on your top wideout. this is a vinny cerrato move, enjoy.

Yes they signed a lot of big name players, but I don't think you are mortgaging the future when you got a couple draft picks for McNabb, got a YOUNG guy and a draft pick for Kolb, and looking to get draft picks for Samuels. This is still a young team so while they are out and about signing the best of the best free agents they are still young. Heck when these players get old they may flip em for some more draft picks like they have been doing lately...

Yes they signed a lot of big name players, but I don't think you are mortgaging the future when you got a couple draft picks for McNabb, got a YOUNG guy and a draft pick for Kolb, and looking to get draft picks for Samuels. This is still a young team so while they are out and about signing the best of the best free agents they are still young. Heck when these players get old they may flip em for some more draft picks like they have been doing lately...

mcnabb was last year not this year. i understand flipping for draft picks, but they are running into the cap issue and won't be able to sign jackson because of all the money they are putting to these older players. it would be a good win now move if their WR's were not sick or holding out, but that's their money makers right there. without them, they don't have a prolific offense. they have jason avant....and that's it.

I wouldnt have been upset if we had gotten Jenkins, though it would depend on the money he was getting. Namdi I didnt really want, I wouldnt have been happy with that signing. On the other hand, as some have mentioned Eagles are in a different position, we are rebuilding so those moves would be useless for us.

lol, what are you 10? it's not hating to make valid points, just because they don't agree with yours doesn't mean they are wrong. please pull up all of my posts hoping we land any of these guys.

we are in a different situation than you, is that wrong? i think if we landed any of them we would be throwing money down a hole because they would make us marginally better while not good enough to get over the hump because we aren't 1-2 players away.

you are in a different situation than us, is that wrong? you landed all of these players, but snubbed your best WR in the process, and the other you thought would be fine for the season is now having some sort of serious illness keep him out. so at this point you are out your 2 top WR's (until further notice), landed 2 good cb's and snubbed your current cb, and picked up a 3-4 DE to play in the 4-3, is that about right?

EDIT:

and

please stop

ending your

lines halfway

through the post it

gets annoying to

have to read

what you have

posted

than-

k you

Again - you launch into an Eagles hate and still don't even address the question. I didnt single you out did I? Many others said they would love these 2 players.

I feel sorry for your college professors ( if you went to college..?) From your responses and some others that keep bringing up he Eagles possible weaknesses . When I am CLEARLY asking how these signings would or would not have been seen by the Skins fans and you all keep talking about the Eagles- this is how I envision your college classes, Tweedr...

Professor of World Economics: " How would the Chinese people have benefited from the same economic strength, military power and stable democracy that the US people have over the last 20 years?"

Tweedr -" The US people suck, they will lose and will they have not gotten better ...blah , blah , blah..."

Professor " I said, How would the Chinese people feel or benefit?"

Tweedr - " The US is now weak, they have the biggest deficit ever , and their military is getting weaker..blah, blah blah.."

Professor - " Wow - go back to 8th grade please and report back when you understand what I am asking"

And for your information the reason my posts do that is my iPhone settings must be forcing my sentences to not wrap correctly - I post while I am in airports and traveling to waste time ...which is exactly what I am doing with this post and dealing with some dude named Tweedr..

mcnabb was last year not this year. i understand flipping for draft picks, but they are running into the cap issue and won't be able to sign jackson because of all the money they are putting to these older players. it would be a good win now move if their WR's were not sick or holding out, but that's their money makers right there. without them, they don't have a prolific offense. they have jason avant....and that's it.

It doesn't matter if McNabb was last year. He may have been last year, but Nate Allen is 6+ years. The Eagles is not stupid. They will find some way to sign Desean Jackson. The Eagles was successful for many years without top notch WRs so I don't know why that would stop now. Vick is the guy that makes that offense go. You gotta remember Reid know how to use the screen game as well so basically he has a lot of options. Maclin and Jackson will be back before half the regular season has passed and i expect them to compete with the Pack, Saints, and Vikings for top team in the NFC...

As many people who wanted us to sign Cullen Jenkins, there were a lot of others who didn't want us to sign him because of age and injury history.

I don't remember too much discussion about Nnamdi, as it doesn't appear the skins ever went after him. Too much money for a rebuilding team.

isnt maclin out too?

Id take DRC in a minute; he is an upgrade

anyone would want Nnamdi on their team but he was just too expensive and you dont NEED him on your team to be successful.

Jenkins....nah. too old, too hurt and usually players like him after they get a ring lose the fire they had prior.

You can check most fan message boards and see the same thing. There are too many members here to hang this on. So many "young" fans have never seen a winning team and want anything and everything at all costs. I've been rolling my eyes all offseason at all of the talk about singing Vince young, Cullen Jenkins, Kris Jenkins, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Kyle Orton, et al.

I personally know dozens of skins fans who fee just like me, but this isnt Skins.com this is extremeskins.com and there are many more here that are very extreme in their views. Again, I blame anyone who is 30 and younger to want to win because they never have.

I consider both Nnamdi and Jenkins to both have the majority of their best ball behind them. That works for a team plugging them in to a set team but it doesn't fit with us. We had many more needs and I think we signed the better players for where we are as a franchise. The Eagles, well you'd like to think they had the team in place but they signed an awful lot of FAs this year....Will they be the same or better? YTBD. But signing the best last year at anything is a strategy that many of us have seen fail and will not support it anymore. #last 2 decades

You Eagles fans don't know how to handle your celebratory instincts because you haven't had anything to celebrate for a long time either. No real out of nowhere growth, no real ultimate winning, just a lot of success without satisfaction. I see you and WB36 talking :pooh: all over the place about how great you're gonna be... we'll see.

I don't troll around on Eagles message boards anymore, but if I did I would probably be able to ignore the rational fans because of all the rabid, all or nothing, maddenesque wannabe GM fans... So I aint hatin on you.

You can check most fan message boards and see the same thing. There are too many members here to hang this on. So many "young" fans have never seen a winning team and want anything and everything at all costs. I've been rolling my eyes all offseason at all of the talk about singing Vince young, Cullen Jenkins, Kris Jenkins, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Kyle Orton, et al.

I personally know dozens of skins fans who fee just like me, but this isnt Skins.com this is extremeskins.com and there are many more here that are very extreme in their views. Again, I blame anyone who is 30 and younger to want to win because they never have.

I consider both Nnamdi and Jenkins to both have the majority of their best ball behind them. That works for a team plugging them in to a set team but it doesn't fit with us. We had many more needs and I think we signed the better players for where we are as a franchise. The Eagles, well you'd like to think they had the team in place but they signed an awful lot of FAs this year....Will they be the same or better? YTBD. But signing the best last year at anything is a strategy that many of us have seen fail and will not support it anymore. #last 2 decades

You Eagles fans don't know how to handle your celebratory instincts because you haven't had anything to celebrate for a long time either. No real out of nowhere growth, no real ultimate winning, just a lot of success without satisfaction. I see you and WB36 talking :pooh: all over the place about how great you're gonna be... we'll see.

I don't troll around on Eagles message boards anymore, but if I did I would probably be able to ignore the rational fans because of all the rabid, all or nothing, maddenesque wannabe GM fans... So I aint hatin on you.

Thanks for that input. Not trolling - just wanted to get more rational opinions than what have heard on local radio and other call in shows. Have heard more from Skins and GB fans on these signings than anyone from G-men and Dallas and NO and Atl. Most posters on here are about giving and getting with fans from other teams - but recently with these signings I was kind of laughing at people one day saying jenkins was a great fit - experience, takes up 2 blockers etc. - and also there was a NNamdi post when he didnt get signed right away and most posters said he was older but still great. Now all I hear is he is OK from local fans. Haters gonna hate but you cant have it both ways when they go to a rival. When you guys picked up mcNabb I didnt hear Eagles fans say is going to suck all of a sudden. We thought you got better and it was a good signing.

Thanks for your post DM...

I haven't watched much of DRC, so I have no idea what kind of corner he is (zone/man/balanced). I know he's talented and young.

Nnamdi isn't a fit. He would have worked out in DC, but his strength is bump and run coverage, we're not a bump team. We're a zone team. So while he still would have been good, as he's a stud, he wasn't a fit. And for the money he wanted, you need a full fit.

Jenkins is old. I was never big on the idea of signing Jenkins.

I don't think Vince Young is all that great myself, either. I never wanted him anywhere near the 'Skins.

Ryan Harris was a good depth signing, Ronnie Brown coupled with McCoy is a scary ass thought if he can stay healthy.

Babin is very good, but he's not a guy I'd want for the 'Skins due to age. And actually, I like the Anthony Hargrove signing for you guys.

Again - you launch into an Eagles hate and still don't even address the question. I didnt single you out did I? Many others said they would love these 2 players.

I feel sorry for your college professors ( if you went to college..?) From your responses and some others that keep bringing up he Eagles possible weaknesses . When I am CLEARLY asking how these signings would or would not have been seen by the Skins fans and you all keep talking about the Eagles- this is how I envision your college classes, Tweedr...

Professor of World Economics: " How would the Chinese people have benefited from the same economic strength, military power and stable democracy that the US people have over the last 20 years?"

Tweedr -" The US people suck, they will lose and will they have not gotten better ...blah , blah , blah..."

Professor " I said, How would the Chinese people feel or benefit?"

Tweedr - " The US is now weak, they have the biggest deficit ever , and their military is getting weaker..blah, blah blah.."

Professor - " Wow - go back to 8th grade please and report back when you understand what I am asking"

And for your information the reason my posts do that is my iPhone settings must be forcing my sentences to not wrap correctly - I post while I am in airports and traveling to waste time ...which is exactly what I am doing with this post and dealing with some dude named Tweedr..

wow, everything you post has to have some kind of insult or personal attack, good for you, you just proved your 10 y/o status.

i wasn't replying to you until you interrupted, if you don't want me to reply to you don't quote me and post anything directed at me, you're an adult....sort of.

i did address the question, i also replied to GHH about why the birds picked them up, and why that wasn't a great idea either. way to go philthadelphia heat, not one....you should just stop there lebron.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 12:00 PM ----------

It doesn't matter if McNabb was last year. He may have been last year, but Nate Allen is 6+ years. The Eagles is not stupid. They will find some way to sign Desean Jackson. The Eagles was successful for many years without top notch WRs so I don't know why that would stop now. Vick is the guy that makes that offense go. You gotta remember Reid know how to use the screen game as well so basically he has a lot of options. Maclin and Jackson will be back before half the regular season has passed and i expect them to compete with the Pack, Saints, and Vikings for top team in the NFC...

i understand what you are trying to say, but i'm going off of what is currently available to them. we have no idea if jackson actually will or won't show up, he's holding out for more money and they keep on tossing it to FA's, sounds like the skins 5 years ago. we don't know about maclin either, he's got a serious illness, it wouldn't be the first time someone sat out for the season because of one.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 12:02 PM ----------

excellent post, except for blaming us young whipper snappers, go yell at a cloud ;)

I can't speak for Redskins fans, but I would have been effing pissed if the Giants traded for DRC and signed Asomugha and Jenkins. Since 2005, they have spent two first rounders and two second round picks on CB's. All of whom are still on the roster. And the Giants have drafted DT's in the second round of the last two drafts. Don't even get me started on Babin. The Giants built their team wisely through the draft, I would have been enraged to see them throw that all away to go after big names in an ill-fated attempt to buy a championship.

I would say most people in here did NOT want Nnamdi because of his age and price tag and did NOT want Cullen because of his age and injury history. I didn't want Nnamdi (I didn't want to pay a steep price for a 30 yr old CB) but I did want Cullen because he was better than anything we had on the roster at that point. Looking back, I'm glad we didn't give Cullen the money, even though we paid more for Bowen, he's 4 years younger than Cullen and has less wear and tear.

You'll get alot of the what I like to call the "Madden" crowd that sees all these big name players and start to fantasize about signing these guys. Every fan base has them. I would say the majority of Redskins fans in here were against signing either and I would probably not be too happy with signing either of them. As for trading for DRC, I've never been a big fan of his. The trade of course would have to have been alot different and it would have depended on what we gave up for him.

Of those three, the only one I'd be ecstatic for would be DRC. He's really young, we do have questions in our secondary, and isn't grossly expensive contract wise (although this would depend on how much we would have had to trade to get him).

I'd be livid if we signed Nnamdi. I wouldn't be mad if we signed Jenkins, but I'd be lukewarm about it. Both of them are 30, and don't fit the plans of a rebuilding team that is trying to get younger. While Jenkins has proven to be less expensive than I thought he'd be, I still prefer the moves of signing young guys like Bowen and Cofield to go with our promising rookie Jarvis.

Archived