Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Patterson new update: very serious, needs brain surgery

brdawk20

Patterson is now reportedly suffering from brain AVM (arteriovenus malformation) and will require surgery. AVM is a condition that is quite serious. Blood vessels in the brain become twisted and tangled between themselves and have to be untangled through surgery.

Oh that's shocking to read. The poor guy.

From apparent heat exhaustion to this in 24 hours. It just brings home again how precious your health is.

God speed Mike. Here's to a successful, uncomplicated surgery, and a full recovery. You'll most definitely be in my prayers.

Really puts into perspective just how trivial football is in reality.

Hail.

What happened to not starting new threads when one already exists? There was a perfectly good thread on this, and bdawk starts a new one? WTF.

Anyway, he's stable, but still at risk in the future. Sucks.

Not that I should have to explain myself, but this is serious enough that people who might not go back and read the original thread might be interested in the turn for the worse. Geez...

As an Eagles fan and a fan of Fat Pat it is great to see the posts you guys put up here for a rival player. Maybe some of the scummy Philly fans that dont "get it" and were laughing at Irvin could learn something from these types of posts and see that it is just football and when these things happen it is more than football. Thanks. Just heard he should be fine but will miss he year.

As an Eagles fan and a fan of Fat Pat it is great to see the posts you guys put up here for a rival player. Maybe some of the scummy Philly fans that dont "get it" and were laughing at Irvin could learn something from these types of posts and see that it is just football and when these things happen it is more than football. Thanks. Just heard he should be fine but will miss he year.

If he can come back at all that would be amazing. I would have assumed anything needing brain surgery would be career ending. But more power to him if he does it.

If he can come back at all that would be amazing. I would have assumed anything needing brain surgery would be career ending. But more power to him if he does it.

No they had a Neurosurgeon on yesterday and said after surgery there would only be a 1% chance of his happening again, but after such a seizure it is almost mandatory that you dont do anything like drive for many months - let alone play football. But he said he could rehab back for next year if it goes successfully.

That's super news that the prognosis is for his health to be fine.

Hang in there Mike. Screw football. If you never make it back onto a field in anger again, who cares. This is WAY more important in the grand scheme of things.

Hail.

Agreed! I'd be scared to even think about putting on the pads again.

Archived