Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Chris Russell tweet, Rocky McIntosh re-signs

Skadden

Not sure what to think here, really. He's not a great 3-4 fit. Are they going to move him outside? Or is he competing with Riley/Blades/Henson for the other interior linebacker position? Kind of a head scratcher, but I like him. He's just not a fit...

If true, this is a surprise. I thought for sure he'd be in New Orleans.

Also, if true, not sure it's great. Rocky is not an ideal inside backer for the 3-4. Unless they intend him to stabilize the outside spot while Kerrigan comes up to speed, this may not be a great thing.

I like Rocky a lot in the 4-3. I think he's poorly cast in the 3-4.

If true, this is a surprise. I thought for sure he'd be in New Orleans.

Also, if true, not sure it's great. Rocky is not an ideal inside backer for the 3-4. Unless they intend him to stabilize the outside spot while Kerrigan comes up to speed, this may not be a great thing.

I like Rocky a lot in the 4-3. I think he's poorly cast in the 3-4.

*blink*

*rubs eyes*

Did we just say the same thing at pretty much the same time? :ols:

I think some people are overreacting to how he played last year. He struggled finding the right gaps last year, but he was adequate and he can offer at least depth on the inside and outside. It's likely a very friendly one year deal.

Riley is already getting a look as a starter, so Rocky wouldn't be getting in the way. As a package/sub LB I'm sure the coaches can figure a way to use Rocky. The signing isn't an accident nor is it a mistake imo.

Well, Rocky's got a good attitude and that loyalty may have been rewarded. Who knows? Maybe he's bulked up a bit. Another year in the system helps as well. But another possibility to Rocky is a potential trade to a team that may have an injury during camp. Keeps him in football shape for this and can feature his talents better than sitting at home. I don't know... just drawing strings.

Rocky had a "productive" year stat wise. But he seemed so out of place in this sort of defense, especially inside. I think we'll be exploited a ton on the edges while Kerrigan comes to speed, so maybe he plays a standard backer out there for us and could really shine. Let's think positive.

Rocky might've been re-signed at this time because Haslett may not be too pleased with Riley's progress. The latter point was expressed by John Keim.

john_keim John Keim

Earlier today, haslett talked about perry riley and how much he had to learn. Haz did not sound as if he thought perry was ready

I think the whole "he's not a 3-4 LB" argument is BS. I understand that some players will fit better in certian schemes while others will not. However, to insinuate that "he's not a 3-4 LB" or that he cannot play in the 3-4 is a crock of $#!#. He is a PRO ATHLETE and he can make adjustments.

Someone tell London Fletcher he cannot breakup passes to WR's 40 yards down field.

Archived