Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

best site to download and burn music?

GOSKINS_08

buy your music!

I 2nd this... Unfortunately all of my CD's I've bought are in storage, at my parents' house in Florida, or my old roommate called me a few months ago and said he found a bunch of my old CD's I lent him back in the day and he's in Arkansas... So I've had to turn to other ways to get the music I own on my computer.... (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Mediafire FTW!!!! <<< Just google search the album or song you want and type mediafire afterwards and download the .rar or .zip file which will extract right to your music folder. BOOM instant music. I only use iTunes to buy songs I can't find no matter how hard I try.

And youtube-mp3.org < You can download all youtube songs. Sometimes the quality may be bad but hey it's free!

If you actually care about being ethical at all, you will pursue options like iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody, Napster, eMusic, etc. You can also do streaming services like Spotify, MOG & rdio for as little as $5/month...or free in the case of Spotify (with limitations, of course).

I knew that this thread would come to something like this. Blackest Eyes will win... or at least make you feel bad about your illegal activities. :)

Buy your music.

Amazon frequently has lots of cds on sale for $5 or iTunes of course. My sister buys through http://www.gomusicnow.com/ which is apparently legitimate (according to her anyway) even though all the albums are like $2 (with LOTS to choose from). It's a russian site. You have to put in $20 or $30 at a time when funding your account, so I would only use it to buy a batch of albums simultaneously, personally.

Or use Spotify or Pandora.

*edit* re GoMusicNow, there are apparently a variety of similar sites that are local to the US or have better reputations for customer service. See http://www.cheap-mp3s.net/reviews/

The first time I remember this topic coming up I got great advice from the Taigate crew and fell in love with Limewire as a result of the recommendations here.

When they shut it down I came back here and instead of advice I got a bunch of lectures from moralizing jackasses. It wasn't nearly as much fun.

Now to your question. I like Frostwire for straight free illegal downloading. If you buy a capture program like Replay Music, you can go to sites like Rhapsody (I think you get 25 free full length plays a month) or Grooveshark which is AWESOME. Good luck and enjoy.

And when you stop paying, do you get to keep the music you "bought" or does it go to the wayside because you were only "renting" it?

Renting, but at $10/month (forgot it's not $15 anymore) to put on my mp3 player/android and listen whenever/wherever unlimited I don't plan to stop paying. If you want to purchase a song for good they are between $.80-.99.

Renting, but at $10/month (forgot it's not $15 anymore) to put on my mp3 player/android and listen whenever/wherever unlimited I don't plan to stop paying. If you want to purchase a song for good they are between $.80-.99.

On top of the $15/month.

Yeah, I'd rather just do iTunes if I were going to go the ethical route.

On top of the $15/month.

Yeah, I'd rather just do iTunes if I were going to go the ethical route.

No, not on top of the $15/month. I mean it's only $10/month now not $15. Much better value than crapTunes. Gives you the best of both worlds and they don't charge $1.29 per song which is absurd.

Archived