Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring Combat Veterans Tuna Fishing off Cape Cod

shagman

I am a huge fanatical Redskins fan (borderline obsessed according to my wife) and also Im a finalist on Pepsi's Refresh Project trying to take Combat Veterans off Cape Cod to fish Bluefin Tuna. If you can help my cause by voting I would really appreciate it. You can find it on the Pepsi website under 25k dollar community grants or text 107941 to 73774. If you could spread the word that would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated. HTTR

Thanks to anyone who listened or helped. Im not trying to gain anything for myself but I am an Iraq war vet that use to wake up in the middle of the night in a panic but since I found bluefin tuna fishing, I mostly dream of screaming reels zipping with a 400 pound giant on the other end. This is why I want to have other combat veterans gain this expierence.

If anyone has any of those pepsi refresh bottle cap codes I would really be appreciative if they could PM me the codes. It really would help me to win this grant. I really want to bring a great expierence to some veterans that might be suffering from PTSD by bringing them tuna fishing but I am losing the battle as of late when it comes to voting. I know this whole thing is kind of gay and all but 25k is 25k. Thanks

Maybe instead of more killing how about go whale watching or something?

No that's too radical. Enjoying nature not killing it. Too sane for some people.

I do not and will not support your killing expedition.

Someone didn't enjoy his tofu this morning. :pfft:

I failed to mention that all fish will be caught and tagged (as I normally do) with NOAA tags and released back to better understand their habits. Every captain is on board with this and we aren't trying to have a "killing expedition" but you know what don't support it scruffy, I could care less.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 09:03 AM ----------

The biggest help to this cause would be to pepsi drinker to send me their refresh codes from their pepsi caps on PM. I want to give this expierence to combat veterans to catch a giant fish that is considered the best fighter in the ocean. 0-60mph faster than most cars. For some of these guys it is a once in a lifetime expierence. Like I said, the tuna will be tagged with NOAA's "tag-a-giant" tags and released with only a lip gaff being used to hold it near the boat. As for whale watching, show me a tuna fisherman that doesn't search for whales. Finding whales is finding tuna, they both feed on the same bait fish and are generally found next to one another.

Archived