Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld Via Grant Paulsen Twitter: Philip Buchanon Suspended First Four Games of the Season

SkinsNoles21

Redskins CB Phillip Buchanon has been suspended for the first four games of the season.

The suspension is league-issued, but there's no word yet on the reason. We suspect it pertains to the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. The Redskins will have to look elsewhere for help in the nickel.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/777/phillip-buchanon

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

The Redskins quietly re-signed cornerback Phillip Buchanon Monday. The veteran didn’t have much of a market in free agency, and we now know one reason why.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan informed reporters Tuesday that Buchanon will be suspended for the first four games of the season by the NFL.

For now, the Redskins aren’t saying what the suspension is for. We should find out soon enough.

(In brighter news Redskins fans, Shanny says Rex Grossman will re-join the team Tuesday night.)

As S.T.real lights out said, the team said they knew about it already. I think they were already planning on using Barnes/Westbrook in the nickel for the first few games.

They haven't disclosed the terms of his contract yet, but I bet we got him for really cheap if they knew about this already.

Phil buchanon was robbed at his home in 06. He was tied up and pistol whipped by haph a dozen men in ski masks. His house had little to no security, nothing has said it was weed so far, but usually. A 4 game suspension is usually a substance abuse policy,

Phil buchanon was robbed at his home in 06. He was tied up and pistol whipped by haph a dozen men in ski masks. His house had little to no security, nothing has said it was weed so far, but usually. A 4 game suspension is usually a substance abuse policy,

???

What the hell does that first part have to do with anything??

???

What the hell does that first part have to do with anything??

I was reading and re-reading it thinking the EXACT same thing.

In August of 2008 he went to Red Lobster and had the steak. Nobody understood why he got beef at a seafood joint but a 4 game suspension is usually a substance abuse policy.

In August of 2008 he went to Red Lobster and had the steak. Nobody understood why he got beef at a seafood joint but a 4 game suspension is usually a substance abuse policy.

LMAO you guys are hilarious!!! this one made me spit my drink up!!!!

That's funny, I heard that in October 2001 he went into the Post Office to mail a letter to his homie Cormega who was locked up. Nobody understood why he mailed the letter at the Post Office, but a 4 game suspension is usually a substance abuse policy.

Archived