Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mysanantonio.com: Ryan takes verbal shots at Eagles

tr1

That's the only response you have?...Really?

Ok, then. I'll let that one stand on it's own...no need to ridicule it further.

Ok.

None of that, though, shows that it's laughable to think Haslett is a better D-Coordinator than Ryan, does it? Nope.

If you feel you have to compare players from 13 different defenses over the past 12 years in order to make your point, then you've already lost the argument.

But by all means, feel free to compare the defensive rosters from the 2000 Saints to the 2005 Raiders, or any of the other combinations that exist. We await your in-depth comparisons with baited breath.

Translation: "Rob's last name is 'Ryan'...therefore, he's better."

That's about the level of analysis I usually expect from you, TRPB :thumbsup:...

I assigned the defense's performance to Haslett either way, as I would have done with Phillips during his Dallas tenure. But if you want, you can remove those years...my viewpoint still holds up.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 08:33 AM ----------

Are we talking who is the better D-Coordinator or who is the better head coach. Most of us who understand football also understand that it takes a different set of skills to be a good head coach than it does a good D-Coordinator. Not to mention, Rob Ryan has never been a head coach, so comparing them on their win/loss records is asinine. But, hey, feel free to continue being asinine if you want lol...

And this is based on...what, exactly? Yardage ranking? Can you provide more to back up your stance than a quick glance at NFL.com?

lol, you know, i'd include your first quote too, but that's too much ownage for one big multiquote. califan doing it all on his own and torching these guys, haha

And, to address this again:

Oh, and Rob Ryan's 2006 Raiders defense>>>>>>>Anything Jim Haslett has done as a D-Coordinator EVER. That Raiders team had LOST Charles Woodson, and still managed to finish third in defense even though their final record was 4-12.

PPG:

Haslett - 1997: 19.2 ppg

Haslett - 1998: 18.9 ppg

Haslett - 1999: 20.0 ppg

Haslett - 2000: 19.1 ppg

Haslett - 2003: 20.4 ppg

Ryan - 2006: 20.8 ppg

Sacks:

Haslett - 1996: 41

Haslett - 1997: 48

Haslett - 1998: 41

Haslett - 1999: 39

Haslett - 2000: 66 (!!!)

Haslett - 2001: 53

Haslett - 2002: 39

Haslett - 2004: 37

Haslett - 2006: 34

Haslett - 2008: 39

Ryan - 2006: 34

Turnovers:

Haslett - 1997: 33

Haslett - 1998: 29

Haslett - 1999: 28

Haslett - 2000: 35

Haslett - 2001: 30

Haslett - 2002: 38

Haslett - 2003: 27

Haslett - 2004: 33

Haslett - 2006: 32

Haslett - 2007: 27

Haslett - 2008: 26

Haslett - 2010: 27

Ryan - 2006: 23

Yardage is the only stat where Ryan's 2006 season comes out ahead of all of Haslett's seasons. But when you consider all of the above, that's a rather hollow victory.

Oh...well that's interesting! :) He must long for the days before the forward pass.

He's also stated on multiple occasions that Jay Cutler is the best QB in football because he "isolates" the QB during evaluation (only evaluating the quarterback and his play independent of the rest of the team, however he manages to do it), and that the system is what makes Peyton look so good. If Cutler was in that system, he'd be better than Peyton.

What are you basing this on?

my eye balls. Just watch the two defenses and thier schemes and you will see the same thing I see. What is so good about Haslett?

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 12:54 PM ----------

That's the only response you have?...Really?

Ok, then. I'll let that one stand on it's own...no need to ridicule it further.

Ok.

None of that, though, shows that it's laughable to think Haslett is a better D-Coordinator than Ryan, does it? Nope.

If you feel you have to compare players from 13 different defenses over the past 12 years in order to make your point, then you've already lost the argument.

But by all means, feel free to compare the defensive rosters from the 2000 Saints to the 2005 Raiders, or any of the other combinations that exist. We await your in-depth comparisons with baited breath.

Translation: "Rob's last name is 'Ryan'...therefore, he's better."

That's about the level of analysis I usually expect from you, TRPB :thumbsup:...

I assigned the defense's performance to Haslett either way, as I would have done with Phillips during his Dallas tenure. But if you want, you can remove those years...my viewpoint still holds up.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 08:33 AM ----------

Are we talking who is the better D-Coordinator or who is the better head coach. Most of us who understand football also understand that it takes a different set of skills to be a good head coach than it does a good D-Coordinator. Not to mention, Rob Ryan has never been a head coach, so comparing them on their win/loss records is asinine. But, hey, feel free to continue being asinine if you want lol...

And this is based on...what, exactly? Yardage ranking? Can you provide more to back up your stance than a quick glance at NFL.com?

no, what i am saying is, talent makes a big difference, period! I do not think you can just stack the two numbers next to each other and come to a exact and complete conclusion. I am not saying i am 100% right either, ,lets just say...imo Rob Ryan is a better def Cord then Hasslett. I dont have to be right, and you dont have to agree with me.

What was so good about Hasslett last year?

And a wager right now, between me and you on which Def will be better between Dallas and Washington? You in?

my eye balls. Just watch the two defenses and thier schemes and you will see the same thing I see. What is so good about Haslett?

Classic!!!! Results are cheap. Go with your eyeballs. It didn't take long for the poke fans to work their spin into this. Awesome.

With all those stats, he surely would've been a capable NFL defensive coach, correct? Why was Haslett in the UFL with no one even calling his number for a job? Can you answer that?

Why have you moved the bar when Califan just proved your statement wrong? Can you answer that? :ols:

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 01:10 PM ----------

would you like to compare the talent those two had in comparison to those jobs? Give me a break, please.....With equal talent, Rob is a much better coach, nmore creative, better in his scghenmes and def better at adjustments......its in the Ryan Blood.

was Haslett the Def Cord and head coach or did hje have a cord under him in New orleans 2000-2005?

Puke fans are just so caught up on 'talent'...!!! :rotflmao:

ATTENTION ES:

BREAKING NEWS

Stats are no longer a requirement or even useful in debating football, we only need to use RexGrossmanSuperBowl's eyes. Also, whenever we compare the redskins players/coaches to poke players/coaches we can only use the worst year of the said player/coach from the redskins while we must use the best year from the poke player/coach. That is all, carry on.

47-61. Wanna guess whose coaching record that belongs to?

Oh, and Rob Ryan's 2006 Raiders defense>>>>>>>Anything Jim Haslett has done as a D-Coordinator EVER. That Raiders team had LOST Charles Woodson, and still managed to finish third in defense even though their final record was 4-12.

Ah, five years ago I had hair and could jog two miles every other day...

I like living in the past, too.

what spin.......he asked me a question and i answered it I am sorry you dislike my answer.

When you start bringing logic and facts to the table, let us know.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 01:18 PM ----------

explains why you are always so hell bent on the past failures of the Cowboys huh? I mean you man reason for posting for the .longest time was to point out "its been "X" years since the Cowboys won a playoff game"

I only need to look to last year for puke failure...you remember, the year a player on their team asked during preseason, whom they would play in the SB?

explains why you are always so hell bent on the past failures of the Cowboys huh? I mean you man reason for posting for the .longest time was to point out "its been "X" years since the Cowboys won a playoff game"

BTW, the Skins have won more playoff games than the pukes in the dozen years...just the facts.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 01:21 PM ----------

you forgot about 15 smiles TR1.........

PS: The truth hurts doesn't it

Again, when you bring facts (truth) to the table, let us know.

You know something, I'm thinking I'm going to switch back to beating up on the Eagles this year...the pukes should be out of it early.

I'm SURPRISED THAT REXGROSSMANSUPERBOWL IS UPSET THAT TR1 DIDN'T POST A BUNCH OF SMILIES WHEN I'M UPSET THAT HE HASN'T BEEN TYPING IN ALL CAPS FOLLOWED BY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..................................................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....................ASLKDJFASLDJFASDLFKJASLFDKASJFDALSJDFL;J

BTW, the Skins have won more playoff games than the pukes in the dozen years...just the facts.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 01:21 PM ----------

Again, when you bring facts (truth) to the table, let us know.

You know something, I'm thinking I'm going to switch back to beating up on the Eagles this year...the pukes should be out of it early.

I see....So its a battle for the NFCE is between the skins and The Giants?

I gotcha. Cant wait to revisit this one....by week 8

HA

Archived