Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help from my fellow skins fans

TheREALJBird

Sorry if this isn't in the right section (it's skins related so I think I'm good), but as some may know I'm currently in the US army, stationed in Hawaii at Schofield Barracks. The problem with this is they won't show skins games here obviously, and me being single and living in barracks I'm not allowed to get Directv. Anyway I can watch games online through streams or any other options out there? I couldn't bear to miss any games this year, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If there was a way to get them from my DVR onto a DVD, Id tape them all and get them to you. Can I get the games from a DVR to an email address? we better figure this out soon, season is right around the corner!

you may need a slingbox.

There is a place in Mililani that opens early on Sundays for NFL. I can't remember the current name of the place but it used to be called Chuck's. It's located in the Mililani Shopping Center next door to Bank of Hawaii. There might be some places in Wahiawa that show games, too. Wahiawa is a little close to the base.

If you PM me I can give you a phone number of someone who lives there who might know the name of the place or some other places to watch games.

HTTR

Firstly, thanks for your service and good luck getting the game. I am also out of state, in a situation where i will miss the majority of games because i will have to work. Are there any options out there where games can be seen "on demand". I'm thinking about using a slingbox to my iphone but I can't imagine watching the whole year on a 2" screen or a skipping stream signal. Also, my cable provider doesn't offer any nfl package and DirectTv is not available. I think Im screwed.. Im looking forward to watching our young team this year any suggestions are appreciated. HTTR

Firstly, thanks for your service and good luck getting the game. I am also out of state, in a situation where i will miss the majority of games because i will have to work. Are there any options out there where games can be seen "on demand". I'm thinking about using a slingbox to my iphone but I can't imagine watching the whole year on a 2" screen or a skipping stream signal. Also, my cable provider doesn't offer any nfl package and DirectTv is not available. I think Im screwed.. Im looking forward to watching our young team this year any suggestions are appreciated. HTTR

You can watch a SlingBox on a computer. You can hook a computer up to most flatscreen televisions. Depending on how good your connections are you might even get the game in 720p.

HTTR

Sorry if this isn't in the right section (it's skins related so I think I'm good), but as some may know I'm currently in the US army, stationed in Hawaii at Schofield Barracks. The problem with this is they won't show skins games here obviously, and me being single and living in barracks I'm not allowed to get Directv. Anyway I can watch games online through streams or any other options out there? I couldn't bear to miss any games this year, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Two words of advice:

1) Get promoted so you can get BAH! lol/jk

2) Find a good sports bar. I was stationed in Anchorage as a young buck, and I found a great sports bar up there and even found some other area Redskins fans that way. You'll obviously have to get somewhere early. We'd show up at about 0900-0930 and got a table next to a TV with sound and just ordered wings.

I know you guys are atleast another hour behind that, but I would find it hard to believe that there aren't sports bars in the area that wouldn't be opened for mainland fans. Just call around or ask some of your buddies who've been there a while. If you want to find it bad enough, you'll find it.

Or, as a last resort, find a buddy that has his own place and split the difference with him. It's always fun (and great for morale) to watch college ball and talk trash on Saturday, and then roll out of bed and flip on the Skins. I kind of miss it, but I got stationed in DC and now I go to the games. Let me know when you come home to visit and I'll take you to a game. Just PM me when you get leave.

Good luck man!

ive been stationed overseas for 5 of my 7 years in, and AFN has always been decent about showing Skins games.... there not always on, but i was surprised by the amount they actually showed.... my guess is because were in the NFCE and the division has the biggest fan base... but yea, there should be a decent sports bar around therer you can check out games

Thanks for the input, I've emailed the shack to get some info on them showing skins games on Sundays. I'm intrigued by this slingbox though, how does it work and if I got one would I be able to watch skins games?

You would need someone in the Skins viewing area or someone with DirecTV to "sling" it to you in in Hawaii. You would watch it as a stream on slingbox.com.

Not in the same boat as you, obviously thanks for your service, but I can't get games. I've thought of slingbox it's around $200 but I've realized recently it just makes more sense to get game rewind on NFL.com $40 and they are put up immediately after the Sunday night game so probably a good time for you. I'll just have to watch the next day.

Thanks for the input, I've emailed the shack to get some info on them showing skins games on Sundays. I'm intrigued by this slingbox though, how does it work and if I got one would I be able to watch skins games?

A Slingbox is a device that you hook to an existing cable or satellite box and to an Internet connection. You could then use a smartphone, computer, iPad to control your box with the Slingbox. You can do this from anywhere with a high speed Internet connection. So basically what you need is a friend with NFL Sunday Ticket or in the Redskins viewing area to hook/set it up so you can watch it in Hawaii.

I did this while in grad school and loved it.

HTTR

Archived