Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would we be able to resign carlos

TheRealBigRich

I'm not sure I really would want him back, he doesn't seem like he wants to be a Redskin, that has been the problem here for years and the biggest reason we havn't been winning. Guys came here for a paycheck not because they wanted to be a Redskin...HTTR

He was drafted by us. So not sure the paycheck thing applies here.

The problem with Rogers is his agent sucks. His agent lead him to believe is a top corner in the league. When he is just a solid one.

The money he wants is not realistic. I am done with egos on this team. Move on.

He was drafted by us. So not sure the paycheck thing applies here.

The problem with Rogers is his agent sucks. His agent lead him to believe is a top corner in the league. When he is just a solid one.

The money he wants is not realistic. I am done with egos on this team. Move on.

I realize we drafted him, but I wonder if he really wants to be a skin, that was my point. Sorry I wasn't very clear on that.

I realize we drafted him, but I wonder if he really wants to be a skin, that was my point. Sorry I wasn't very clear on that.

I really don't think he wants to be a skin, I wish he did and I wish we could retain him but I really don't see it happening. The guy gets so much crap for a lack of INT's but really his job is to cover and I think he is very under-rated at that. He was the best corner on our roster last year, IMO,(I know I'll get hell for it) even though Hall had the picks, Carlos never jumped a route, got beat deep, and left Horton/Moore/Doughty out to dry like Hall did with Landry.

Wish we could retain :(

The 2nd question is what I would like to answer. No, I don't want to see him come back. I don't care if players don't have the same attachment to a team that us fans do. I wish they did, but they don't really. I don't need to see Carlos Rogers saying "well I'd really love to stay as a Redskin blahblahblahblah" because in most cases those are just the words of men who are keeping their options open and not burning bridges prematurely.

Carlos Rogers embarked on a small campaign this winter/spring of feeling sorry for himself while alienating the team that felt confident enough to bring him into this league and make him a starter so high in the NFL draft. He grew a big head and thought more highly of himself than he should. It is normal for NFL players to have egos, and I don't mind hearing a player say "I think I'm just as good of a cornerback as Charles Woodson and Asomugha" but when I hear a player follow that up with "WHY DON'T I GET PAID AS MUCH AS THEY DO?" I can't help but scoff with derision.

Carlos Rogers stated he wanted to play with one of our NFC East rivals so he could hurt the Redskins twice a year for not valuing him as highly as we should. He felt our offers are insulting. Free agency has been going on for a while, he's obviously been exploring his options and something tells me that he hasn't been fielding phone calls all day from contenders around the league ready to pay him the big bucks to play for them.

I don't know if he would even want to come back here at this point. If he did suddenly have an "oh ****" moment and realize that we were valuing him more highly than the other teams around the league and he shouldn't have said all those ****ty things about our organization, if I were a head coach, GM, defensive coordinator, or even a player who is a team captain I would tell him to get lost. Go accept less money to play for the Texans or something and drop interceptions down there. The guy can cover most of the time but that's it. That ability isn't honestly that hard to come by in the NFL, finding a guy who gets 4-5 interceptions on average is. I know posters will say that cover skills mean more than interceptions and that is true, but you don't pay players the big bucks if they're one half of the package. We can bring in a cheaper option who can cover as well as Carlos and drop INT's like him, or some guy who isn't perfect but who changes a game 4 or 5 times per season.

I really don't think he wants to be a skin, I wish he did and I wish we could retain him but I really don't see it happening. The guy gets so much crap for a lack of INT's but really his job is to cover and I think he is very under-rated at that. He was the best corner on our roster last year, IMO,(I know I'll get hell for it) even though Hall had the picks, Carlos never jumped a route, got beat deep, and left Horton/Moore/Doughty out to dry like Hall did with Landry.

Wish we could retain :(

well, he might be a little underrated in coverage, but its hard for us to tell cuz we arent the coaches and dont know the assignments.

and hall destroyed him last year imo, he pretty much won us the dallas game and singlehandedly won us the bears game.

well, he might be a little underrated in coverage, but its hard for us to tell cuz we arent the coaches and dont know the assignments.

and hall destroyed him last year imo, he pretty much won us the dallas game and singlehandedly won us the bears game.

I will 100% agree with you on Hall winning us the Bears game, IMO the Dallas game was dumb luck.

I don't doubt Hall's ball hawk ability and showmanship but I do believe that Carlos is a better COVER corner than Hall and, Carlos looked better than Hall in coverage last year.

With that said I wish we could re-sign Carlos but, the fact is he wants too much money for a cover corner, and lets face it, the cash lands in the lap of the game changers, the ones who may blow coverage in one game but come back the next and have those pick 6's, etc. etc.

Maybe he's just getting those stone hands of his re-chiseled.

Geez, they could make a decent offer to him with a super sweet incentive pkg of 1/2 mil per int. he gets, and Snyder wouldn't lose a penny.

CR is a pretty good cover guy, not great but good, but Helen Keller could catch better than him.

Carlos problem is Carlos; if he thinks he's a top notch cover man, let him go to another team, and we can watch the drop reel of that team and point him out pretty easily...

I hate to break it to you but we're going to have a bit of a Santa Claus moment here: players really want to be on the team that pays them the most money. Period. Some players fall out of favor with certain organizations, and vice-a-versa, and it always has to do with money.

Archived