Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plex to the Jets

ashlynskins

l thought Plex go back to the Steelers..oh well.

If I remember correctly, he kind of left there unceremoniously, and even though Cowher's been gone for awhile, theres probably still some old fences there that haven't been mended all the way. It was probably better for him to get a fresh start elsewhere with a new organization, although, ironically enough, it will still be in NYC.

Um, pretty sure its "Plax"ico.:)

---------- Post added July-31st-2011 at 08:27 PM ----------

;8422579']I don't understand. The Jets thought it was a better idea to sign a 34 year old guy who has been out of the NFL for two years rather than a younger and better Braylon Edwards? I think this is a step back for the Jets at the WR position.

I agree. Seems like a bad move.

;8422579']I don't understand. The Jets thought it was a better idea to sign a 34 year old guy who has been out of the NFL for two years rather than a younger and better Braylon Edwards? I think this is a step back for the Jets at the WR position.

Unless they plan to still sign Braylon or unless he was asking for too much.

Plax is a one year deal so who knows.

Jets with Braylon is like what we usually do (or at least did). Trade picks for a guy who walks away in free agency the next year

Aside from one outlier season, Edwards hasn't been all that great.

I don't know if it was really that bad of a move to be honest, I mean let's be serious, aside from one knockout year, Edwards has been average at best, now some of that may be due to inconsistent QB play, but he's had his fair share of knucklehead moments in big games as well.

The jets are a running team anyways, they have a pro bowl caliber TE, they still have Santonio Holmes and Cotchery (I think) and they'll probably resign Brad Smith, They'll be fine. Plaxico probably won't be ready to put in serious work until after Thanksgiving anyways, due to conditioning, learning the playbook, and shaking all that rust off, and sure, he may have lost a step, but speed was never his game anyways. He was always good at adjusting to the ball, shielding defenders, making key 3rd down catches, being a money redzone target, etc, and was a phenomenal run blocker because of his size, something that I'm sure the Jets took into consideration. I think he could be a very good replacement for Edwards.

Coming out of prison and learning how to play QB all over agin isn't the same as coming out of prison and playing the WR position. The guy played at a high level without practicing for almost a whole season. He'll be a solid player for them.

Archived