Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP DCSB: Vinny Cerrato says he’d sign Haynesworth again

'Skins_&_'Stons

c8d720e3.gif

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/vinny-cerrato-says-hed-sign-haynesworth-again/2011/07/29/gIQA6VuGhI_blog.html

Posted at 11:30 AM ET, 07/29/2011 Vinny Cerrato says he’d sign Haynesworth again

By Dan Steinberg

I think maybe we can all agree that Albert Haynesworth’s tenure in Washington wasn’t the most successful Washington tenure in the history of Washington tenures. Like, William Henry Harrison probably had a more successful Washington tenure. Sharon Pratt Kelly had a way more successful Washington tenure. Mike Bibby and Žydrūnas Ilgauskas had more successful Washington tenures.

So, while it might be hard to admit, if you were one of the guys who helped bring Haynesworth to Washington, maybe you could come out and say that it was a mistake, one that would not be repeated.

Or not.

“What I want to know is after all that's gone down in Washington, if Cerrato has buyer’s remorse,”

CBS Sports’s Clark Judge wrote this week

“You know what I mean. After the body blows he absorbed ... and continues to absorb ... for signing Haynesworth, would he sign him again if the situation were the same?

Cerrato didn’t flinch.

‘If the Redskins were still playing a 4-3 I would,’ he said. ‘Under the circumstances, it made sense. But if I was running a strict 3-4, absolutely not.’ ”

Cerrato also said that the Redskins’ defensive struggles “changed when Albert was there,” and that “in his first year, he did what he was supposed to do.”

So I guess in a calm and sober analysis of the facts, maybe you do have to admit that hahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahah ahahahahahaha hold me someone hold me ahahaha...

How this guy got to a level of power, I'll never know. Reminds me of that SNL skit with tina fey and Amy pohler as Hilary and palin, where fey says, "it just goes to show you that anyone can be president." at which point, poehler, agrees, "anyone."

I heard what Vinny said. He said that Albert played GREAT in the 4-3 his first year in Washington, and that he only wanted to sign with 4-3 teams.....

Skip Bayless also said that Albert Haynesworth is a more valuable player than Nnamdi Asomgouha...

ESPN thinks the Pats just hit a homerun...

I watched every Redskin game he played in, and I kind of thought the guy was ordinary at best when he played.

When it comes to saying dumb things on a consistent basis...Vinny Cerrato the only person in History who can make this guy:

245px-Chief_Wiggum.png

look like this guy:

250px-Falk-Columbo.jpg

How did he EVER get to be an NFL GM? Much like the tootsie pop question the world may never know.

I heard what Vinny said. He said that Albert played GREAT in the 4-3 his first year in Washington, and that he only wanted to sign with 4-3 teams.....

Skip Bayless also said that Albert Haynesworth is a more valuable player than Nnamdi Asomgouha...

ESPN thinks the Pats just hit a homerun...

I watched every Redskin game he played in, and I kind of thought the guy was ordinary at best when he played.

The image of him laying on the ground against Philly is forever etched in my mind. Glad he's gone!

Archived