Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extending Laron Landry's Contract

soljaofjesus

I think you see how the first few weeks of the season go, and then extend him midseason if he continues last year's pace.

(His extension will count towards the 2011 cap regardless, unless we let him hit the open market next offseason)

Yep. Get it out of the way. If he lights it up this season, he could easily want to test free agency if we haven't pushed him hard for an extension.

Doubt it. I haven't heard anything definitive, but I'm pretty sure he likes it here. He got the fan approval after Sean passed away. He stays for that.

Redskins could tender him next year but he would just hold out. You're going to have to pay Landry big money, so might as well do it now instead of next year when you might not have as much cap room. This is an easy extension but won't happen in the beginning of FA. Redskins have too much money to go to the table with Landry. His agent would steal it all! They need to get finished with FA and then extend Landry for about a 5 yr. 32 million deal with 15 guaranteed. His bonus should be whatever our cap room that is left and make his salary low. He's been drafted and built here, so he should get paid and there is no better time to do it then right now.

Archived