Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the clock ticking for Mike Sellers????

OxonHillSkinsFan89

The clock is ticking for everyone on our roster. This management team stresses competition. With that said, I'm not sure 'Skins fans know jus thow good sellers is and has been for this team. There's a reason he has made positive impressions on three different coaches! It's because he can ball. He will defy time because he is a workout warrior!

I think that he is a valuable player on special teams and that he does a pretty good job catching passes out of the backfield, so I personally would say no, he's not getting cut.

Well, he's a full back and his run blocking has been atrocious the last couple years. I'm pretty sure someone else could provide 15-20 catches out of the backfield.

I'd like to see him stick around, but I'd understand if they let him go.

For those who think Sellars is safe, before this week would you have thought he was safer than:

Phillip Daniels

Casey Rabach

Donovan McNabb

Albert Haynesworth

Maake Kemoeatu

HB Blades

Rocky McIntosh

I'm sure there are other names I could put in here.

Granted, not all of those lost on that list were cut, they were traded, but still.

Hopefully Young works out. I really wished they could've signed Peyton Hillis as a FB after Denver cut him a few years ago. I knew he would've been tough, big, and multi-dimensional FB. I never thought he'd blow up into a bulldozing feature HB though.

Hopefully Young works out. I really wished they could've signed Peyton Hillis as a FB after Denver cut him a few years ago. I knew he would've been tough, big, and multi-dimensional FB. I never thought he'd blow up into a bulldozing feature HB though.

Denver didn't cut him, they traded him. Shanahan knew damn well he was good as a HB, too.

Yes, the clock is ticking. However, Sellers had a career high receptions and receiving yards last year, they really got him involved in the passing game. That tells me they like him. He's a great special teams guy as well. That said, he’s 35 and the people in charge seem to be cutting anyone born in the 70s. :whoknows:

:ols: at people calling Mike Sellers soft.

He's not soft. He blows people up on STs and he is a load at fullback. He just makes dumb decisions sometimes, often before the snap, and occasionally whiffs on a block downfield because he forgot the play. He is not the smartest guy on the field, but he is a good fullback who was a probowler a year ago.

If he gets cut it will be because of his age, plain and simple.

:ols: at people calling Mike Sellers soft.

He's not soft. He blows people up on STs and he is a load at fullback. He just makes dumb decisions sometimes, often before the snap, and occasionally whiffs on a block downfield because he forgot the play. He is not the smartest guy on the field, but he is a good fullback who was a probowler a year ago.

If he gets cut it will be because of his age, plain and simple.

This.

Somebody please post the gif of him absolutely destroying that Eagles DB. Sellers has been a spectacular baller, and has great hands. I think it was back in 05 or 06 when he had like 8 redzone receiving TDs?

I think he may be one of the oldest players on the team now, however, so if he were to get cut, age would be the reason.

For those who think Sellars is safe, before this week would you have thought he was safer than:

Phillip Daniels

Casey Rabach

Donovan McNabb

Albert Haynesworth

Maake Kemoeatu

HB Blades

Rocky McIntosh

I'm sure there are other names I could put in here.

Granted, not all of those lost on that list were cut, they were traded, but still.

Wait we cut HB Blades?

What about Maeke and Rocky ?

I havnt heard anything about them

Archived