Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: McCain rounds on 'Tea Party hobbits' in budget debate

PCS

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43923236/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

Sparring comes as Republican leadership faces internal revolt ahead of nail-bitingly close vote in Congress

WASHINGTON — A bill to cut the U.S. deficit faced a nail-bitingly close vote in Congress Thursday after former Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain railed against "bizarro" alternative plans by "Tea Party hobbits."

"What is really amazing about this is that some members are believing that we can pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution in this body with its present representation and that is foolish," the Republican from Arizona said in a speech to colleagues on Wednesday.

*Click Link For More*

------------------

:ols: Tea Party Hobbits? Now that just struck me as funny. :)

Counter-productiveness isn't unique to either "team."

True. But its a little strange to see so much name calling on one side of the aisle against its own side. The healthcare debate certainly caused some strain between the sects of the Dems, but I don't remember name calling. Maybe I'm forgetting something?

True. But its a little strange to see so much name calling on one side of the aisle against its own side. The healthcare debate certainly caused some strain between the sects of the Dems, but I don't remember name calling. Maybe I'm forgetting something?

I don't recall that either, at least from actual leaders.

The McCain I used to support is a distant memory.

I don't recall that either, at least from actual leaders.

The McCain I used to support is a distant memory.

The Tea Partiers over stepped themselves when they went after Boehner and they're taking a beating. If they don't fall in line for this vote and everything goes south, they'll look back on good old days people thought of them as hobbits with a wistful sigh.

The Tea Partiers over stepped themselves when they went after Boehner and they're taking a beating. If they don't fall in line for this vote and everything goes south, they'll look back on good old days people thought of them as hobbits with a wistful sigh.

Not certain you're correct, there.

It's like people pointing out that when Obama compliments Boehner for being willing to compromise, he isn't helping Boehner out, any.

The impression I get is that these wingnuts were elected by wingnuts, who wanted people to act like wingnuts.

For example, I think that if Boehner were to simply write the hobbitts off, and try to talk some Democrats into supporting a plan, instead, because the Democrats are more flexible that the hobbits are, I don't think that the hobbits, or the people who voted for them, would mind a bit. In fact, a lot of people would then argue that what Congress needs is to get rid of Boehner and replace him with another hobbit.

In fact, a lot of people would then argue that what Congress needs is to get rid of Boehner and replace him with another hobbit.

Isn't that what a representative democracy is supposed to do?

The impression I get is that these wingnuts were elected by wingnuts, who wanted people to act like wingnuts.

For example, I think that if Boehner were to simply write the hobbitts off, and try to talk some Democrats into supporting a plan, instead, because the Democrats are more flexible that the hobbits are, I don't think that the hobbits, or the people who voted for them, would mind a bit. In fact, a lot of people would then argue that what Congress needs is to get rid of Boehner and replace him with another hobbit.

If the Tea Partiers don't budget, the Boehner plan doesn't pass the House and Reid's plan becomes the blueprint. The next debt ceiling vote won't come up until after the next election, helping Obama get elected. If they refuse to compromise, they will prove themselves to be a liability, not worth the trouble.

Republicans don't put up with congressmen that don't know when its time to get in line like the Dems do.

Rand Paul: 'I'd rather be a hobbit than a troll'
I can see it.

Rand_Paul_gives_7182.jpgfrodo88.jpg

senator-john-mccain.jpgCave_troll.jpg

Seriously, weren't Hobbits the good guys? What's McCain, an Orc?
McCain probably sees himself as Gandalf, trying to get the Hobbits out of the Shire to join the Fellowship of the Ring (mainstream Republicans) and defeat Harry Reid (Saruman) and Obama (Sauron).

Archived