Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there a team with no needs

TheRealBigRich

Basically I keep hearing the redskins have needs everywhere but when I look at this roster I don't see it that way. I would say we need a qb, cb, nt and some I line men unless I'm missing some positions. It really makes me wonder which teams has no needs just wondering?# HTTR

It's because you're listening to the local media.

If you were listening to podcasts from the new england area you'd be hearing about all the patriots needs.

teams have needs every year. if nothing else, you have to address depth to replace current starters in the future when they fall off or start demanding too much money and will be free agents soon.

Basically I keep hearing the redskins have needs everywhere but when I look at this roster I don't see it that way. I would say we need a qb, cb, nt and some I line men unless I'm missing some positions. It really makes me wonder which teams has no needs just wondering?# HTTR

I'm not saying we have "needs" either. But when you mention we need a QB, CB, NT, and some interior linmen, that's a lot of needs. We might need a ILB unless they are comfortable with the young guys and add punter to the list. That's a lot of needs!

I hear the Patriots are looking for new staff in their cafeteria this morning.

lol! and a resting bed every 5 feet

---------- Post added July-28th-2011 at 09:31 AM ----------

naybe that was big Al's issue, redskins turf was too comfy for him to get up!

It's because you're listening to the local media.

If you were listening to podcasts from the new england area you'd be hearing about all the patriots needs.

teams have needs every year. if nothing else, you have to address depth to replace current starters in the future when they fall off or start demanding too much money and will be free agents soon.

I think your right maybe I need to stop listening to lavar and dukes on my way home

I think your right maybe I need to stop listening to lavar and dukes on my way home

/thread.

A few months ago they were saying that the Skins shouldn't get many FAs. Then they claim we have so many holes and that we aren't filling them adequately through FA. Then they turn around and say we're bringing in too many WRs and its disrespectful to Armstrong. A few months ago they were saying how we should just release AH and DM beacuse we won't get anything for them.

Those guys are knuckleheads. I only listen because I like to laugh at their ideas.

If any team fit your definition, the closest would probably the Packers. I know they just won the Super Bowl so it's an easy choice, but really, look at their roster. They have a stud QB and won't have to worry about that position for a decade. They have a good stable of running backs with Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, and James Starks. At WR, they have Greg Jennings, who is really good, and two younger guys (Jordy Nelson and James Jones) who have shown some talent. Plus they just drafted Randall Cobb. At Tight End, they have JerMichael Finley, who is one of the best when healthy. Andrew Quarless isn't a bad backup.

Translation, they're set at the skill positions. The line is no different. They drafted Bryan Bulaga last year to solidify one tackle spot, they have Chad Clifton at the other as a veteran presence, and they drafted Derek Sherrod this year to replace him eventually. Maybe their interior OL is a bit of a weakness with Colledge leaving, but that's about it.

On defense, where do you start? They run a 3-4 and have a mammoth NT in BJ Raji. They have the very solid Ryan Pickett at one DE spot, and while Cullen Jenkins is likely coming to the Skins, they did just draft Lawrence Guy this year, who I thought fell in the draft for no good reason. A steal of a pick.

At LB, they have Clay Matthews, which is really all that needs saying, but AJ Hawk is also pretty good. Nick Barnett has also been really good even though they're going to trade/release him this offseason. Other players like Poppingo, Zombo, etc. have been good contributors.

In the secondary...Charles Woodson has been one of the best CB's in the league the past few years, and Tramon Williams inpressed this year, so there's youth at the position as well. Atari Bigby has been a good SS if they resign him, and Nick Collins at the FS is a 3x Pro Bowler and a 3X All Pro.

It's friggin ridiculous how loaded the Packers are, in terms of both talent and youth/depth. Their only real possible weakness is interior OL and maybe Kicker, since Mason Crosby has a ton of leg but scattershot accuracy (sound familiar?)

Really, it seems like any pick the Packers make in the draft is for luxury at this point, and I'd love to trade rosters with them.

the packers are pretty loaded, although they did discover that they had some solid players last year due to the injuries to many key guys like nick barnett.

all teams are constantly trying to tweak their rosters as staying idle would be complacent and foolish

The Redskins still have a ton of needs.

ILB, CB depth now (Probably need one more CB, but that may not occur this year), C, RT, RG, LG, P, K, QB.

But the obvious answer here, the team with no needs... Can't believe it hasn't been said... The Dallas Cowboys. They're perfect the way they are. ;)

106.7 the fan has an agenda, that is bashing the skins/snyder.

they don't have any real journalists, or people with expertise in football (or sports in general)

their guests include people like mike florio, and jason la confora. two of the worst 'reporters' in the business. they are the essence of 'throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks'

if you're looking for thought provoking, intelligent discussion, with journalistic integrity then i suggest you check out ESPN980 from 12-2 (The Sports Fix. they have a segment called Redskins at 1, but this time of the year its pretty much mostly redskins), and from 4-7 (The Sports Reporters. Czabe is a little looney but at least there's some logic buried in his thoughts).

You can find them at 94.3 or 93.7 (i think those are the station numbers?) on FM and AM at 980.

Just give them a chance... They don't hold back on ridiculing the team (as they are often accused of), and they actually know what they're talking about.

Archived