Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mcnabb trade talks with Minnesota ARE happening

Missin Meast

Rumor is we are in the conversation for Matt Leinart....which I think is a definet upgrade over Grossman or Beck.

As for Mcnabb, I never liked him and thought he was overated, but I did think he was an upgrade at the QB position from what we were used to. I could care less about him leaving becuase he did nothing for us, did not want to run the offense Shannys way, and bottom line the guy is and always will be an Eagle...no matter how many teams he goes to after us he will always be an Eagle....when Rex Grossman comes in and is more productive in an offensive system than you then you gotta think maybe your the problem.

I was hoping we would maybe go out and get a Kyle Orton, but Leinart with Grossman backing him up and Beck as the 3rd string would be fine with me...then next year you draft a 1st rnd QB for the future, and have him learn behind Leinart (or whoever) and dump who ever is worse Grossman, or Beck.

And here we go, getting raped again.

Leinart over McNabb? Really?

There isn't a NFL coach or coordinator on earth who would take Leinart over McNabb. It isn't even a question. It's pure insanity.

But this is what we do. Pro bowler Jeremiah Trotter dominates before coming here. He sucks here, because our coaching and organization are awful, and he leaves. Immediately, the following season he is a pro bowler again. J Taylor dominates. You know the story, He comes here and we blow. He decides not to financially rape Dan, and wants out of the circus. He leaves, and plays well again.

Now here we are with McNabb. Handing out condoms to the Vikings. Wonderful.

McNabb is garbage. I hated the trade from the start and will be thrilled if we can dump him and his wormkiller throws to the Vikings for anything. It's still hard to fathom how the Vikings could think McNabb could "mentor" Ponder. That isn't exactly in his MO.

Yes, McNabb sucks. He's awful. Beck and Grossman are both HOF'ers, but McNabb is possibly the worst QB in the league. He sucked at Philly, and certainly we got the absolute best out of him.

Great analysis there.:ols:

There isn't a NFL coach or coordinator on earth who would take Leinart over McNabb. It isn't even a question. It's pure insanity.

But this is what we do. Pro bowler Jeremiah Trotter dominates before coming here. He sucks here, because our coaching and organization are awful, and he leaves. Immediately, the following season he is a pro bowler again. J Taylor dominates. You know the story, He comes here and we blow. He decides not to financially rape Dan, and wants out of the circus. He leaves, and plays well again.

What do you suggest? McNabb sucked here. What should we do? Keep him. Have him throw at the dirt in front of our receivers for another year or two?

Rumor is we are in the conversation for Matt Leinart....which I think is a definet upgrade over Grossman or Beck.

I was hoping we would maybe go out and get a Kyle but Leinart with Grossman backing him up and Beck as the 3rd string would be fine with me...then next year you draft a 1st rnd QB for the future, and have him learn behind Leinart (or whoever) and dump who ever is worse Grossman, or Beck.

Leinart went to Seattle along with t. Jax

What do you suggest? McNabb sucked here. What should we do? Keep him. Have him throw at the dirt in front of our receivers for another year or two?

Get a real coaching staff for starters? A competent owner would help too.

Do you believe any team in the league is trying to sign Beck right now? Do you think the phones are ringing off the hook with teams scrambling to sign Beck?

Do you believe there is a coaching staff in the league that could have screwed up both the Haynesworth and McNabb situations any worse than we did last year?

Well its not my fault he sucked here....Im just looking at the facts brother, Mcnabb was unproductive here...Taylor was injured during most of his stint, and Trotter well he just didnt produce. Maybe its time to stop getting mercenaries and get people who really want to be Redskins. I think we have that with some guys (Cooley, Moss, Mcintosh) But with guys like Mcnabb, Haynesworth, Taylor, etc. they were just in it for the money.

In my opinion that was the key to Gibbs success everyone who played for him wanted to be a Redskin, they bled Burgondy and Gold....most of these other guys bleed green.

Its too bad Favre didn't have any juice left in his contract, we could try to acquire him for a last hurrah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ;) jk

BTW what is the best site to catch up on Skins signing news here? I've not seen a lot on the usual sites I've been hitting

Get a real coaching staff for starters? A competent owner would help too.

Do you believe any team in the league is trying to sign Beck right now? Do you think the phones are ringing off the hook with teams scrambling to sign Beck?

Do you believe there is a coaching staff in the league that could have screwed up both the Haynesworth and McNabb situations any worse than we did last year?

Our head coach has a Super Bowl ring. Our OC turned the Houston Texans into a top offense. I'd say they're at least competent. Our owner no longer has input in player decisions.

Your Beck questions are dumb because he's not a free agent.

And Haynesworth screwed himself. McNabb has a ****ty work ethic and did not fit our team. Shanahan admitted it was a mistake.

Well its not my fault he sucked here....Im just looking at the facts brother, Mcnabb was unproductive here...Taylor was injured during most of his stint, and Trotter well he just didnt produce. Maybe its time to stop getting mercenaries and get people who really want to be Redskins. I think we have that with some guys (Cooley, Moss, Mcintosh) But with guys like Mcnabb, Haynesworth, Taylor, etc. they were just in it for the money.

In my opinion that was the key to Gibbs success everyone who played for him wanted to be a Redskin, they bled Burgondy and Gold....most of these other guys bleed green.

Nice post. It's not your fault he had a bad season here. Nor is is your fault that Trotter, Taylor or Fat Al blew here either. I wonder whose fault that is?

Even with incredible talent--future HOF'ers, we can't get anything out of the players. Yet the teams before us did, and the teams after us do.

That's not all on them. That's on us. That's what these coaches are paid for.

Our head coach has a Super Bowl ring. Our OC turned the Houston Texans into a top offense. I'd say they're at least competent. Our owner no longer has input in player decisions.

And Haynesworth screwed himself. McNabb has a ****ty work ethic and did not fit our team. Shanahan admitted it was a mistake.

Pretty much agree. As if the Haynesworth thing is anyone's fault but his.

And McNabb is the same guy our fanbase has been laughing about for years and now suddenly people want to defend him. He's a decent starter in the league at this point, but there's very little reason to keep him. And he's a fraud. He puts on a great act and plays the victim card all the time. I don't have any sympathy for him. I didn't want him for one reason - he's a Philadelphia Eagle. And I don't want him now for the same reason. Once an Eagle, always an Eagle. Especially after spending his entire career there. The biggest regret I have is ever having him in a Skins jersey.

---------- Post added July-26th-2011 at 10:11 PM ----------

Nice post. It's not your fault he had a bad season here. Nor is is your fault that Trotter, Taylor or Fat Al blew here either. I wonder whose fault that is?

Even with incredible talent--future HOF'ers, we can't get anything out of the players. Yet the teams before us did, and the teams after us do.

That's not all on them. That's on us. That's what these coaches are paid for.

The mistake is thinking that ANY of those former players have anything to do with the McNabb situation.

John Elway has a SB ring. What has our HC done since? Our OC? You mean the guy with the questionable play calling, who couldn't tailor an offfense to get any production out of McNabb?

And the Beck questions are "dumb?" We're about to release McNabb, a guy that you say has a "****ty" work ethic? How "****ty" has his work ethic been to have had so much success for so many years, with mainly average receivers? "****ty work ethic?:ols: Or awful coaching?

Let's give up two picks for a proven winner in McNabb, then get raped on the way out the door, and let's start Beck instead! Genius! Go team!

I agree that it's not all Donovan's fault, but he sucked last year man. His accuracy has never been good, but it was worse last year than I'd ever seen it. McNabb, to me, is a system quarterback. ESPN has always slobbed his knob, but I think it's more Andy Reid than anything else. Look at the success Vick had last year. Kolb threw for over 300 in his first few starts there. They've won games with A.J. Feeley and Mike McMahon. I've hated Donovan since I can remember, so I may be biased. But the love he gets is not deserved in my opinion.

Dude you can call D-Mac a system QB. I can process that. But arent most QB's system QB's as in... after 2 to 3 years staying in any system a QB will become more comfortable and eventually more successful in that system if they have NFL talent. So he missed a few throws... It was his first year in the system and he wasnt exactly throwing to DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Macklin with LeSean McCoy on the side in all fairness. One thing for sure... he definitely connected on some throws deep that Jason usually missed when he was here. Jason definitely had a better year in Oakland than Donovan had here last year but that probably had a lot to do with Oakland's defense, running game and o-line. By the way... Do you remember who Donovan had blocking for him last year? If it wasnt for his limited mobility, the sack total would have probably been double and we might have been 4 and 12 instead of 6 and 10. His out of shape legs probably got us at least a couple wins we wouldnt have had otherwise and who knows what our record would have been if he hadnt been benched the last 4 games.

Is he the Donovan of old? of course not... but even with his declining skills, he's still better than 60% of the quarterbacks in the NFL right now, when he's working with a fully stocked offense in my opinion. Mark my word... I think you'll see where I'm coming from this season when its all said and done if Minnesota can add a few decent WR's to go with AP and their killer defense.

John Elway has a SB ring. What has our HC done since? Our OC? You mean the guy with the questionable play calling, who couldn't tailor an offfense to get any production out of McNabb?

And the Beck questions are "dumb?" We're about to release McNabb, a guy that you say has a "****ty" work ethic? How "****ty" has his work ethic been to have had so much success for so many years, with mainly average receivers? "****ty work ethic?:ols: Or awful coaching?

Let's give up two picks for a proven winner in McNabb, then get raped on the way out the door, and let's start Beck instead! Genius! Go team!

A proven winner in a different system. It's been reported in multiple places that McNabb has a poor work ethic. You've seen one season of our coaching staff and our offensive play calling. And no one is tailoring their offense to fit McNabb. It was meant to be the other way around. But I'm not getting into it with you because you've never been wrong in your entire life and it's a waste of my time lol.

Dude you can call D-Mac a system QB. I can process that. But arent most QB's system QB's as in... after 2 to 3 years staying in any system a QB will become more comfortable and eventually more successful in that system if they have NFL talent. So he missed a few throws... It was his first year in the system and he wasnt exactly throwing to DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Macklin with an order of LeSean McCoy on the side... in all fairness. One thing for sure... he definitely connected on some throws deep that Jason usually missed on even though Jason definitely had a better year in Oakland than Donovan had here last year. By the way... Do you remember who Donovan had blocking for him last year? If it wasnt for his limited mobility, the sack total would have probably been almost double and we might have been 4 and 12 instead of 6 and 10. His out of shape legs probably got us at least a couple wins we wouldnt have had otherwise and who knows what our record would have been if he hadnt been benched the last 4 games.

Again, I said it's not all McNabb's fault. We lost as a team. But everyone is making all these excuses for McNabb like he's some legendary figure. He's a ****ing Eagle. Shanny realized he made a mistake pretty soon in the season and McNabb was lucky to start the games he did. Once he realized that the McNabb thing was over, Shanny moved on to finding the next QB here.

I don't think Shanahan is some genius. But he's done some positive things since he's been here. Most people here can acknowledge that.

I can't even force myself to be mad at McNabb, regardless of what transpires with the trade. He's certainly a bigger person than me...there'd be absolutely no way I'd facilitate the Skins getting anything back for me unless I was 99% sure I couldn't at least match the restructured contract in free agency.

And McNabb is the same guy our fanbase has been laughing about for years and now suddenly people want to defend him. He's a decent starter in the league at this point, but there's very little reason to keep him. And he's a fraud. He puts on a great act and plays the victim card all the time. I don't have any sympathy for him. I didn't want him for one reason - he's a Philadelphia Eagle. And I don't want him now for the same reason. Once an Eagle, always an Eagle. Especially after spending his entire career there. The biggest regret I have is ever having him in a Skins jersey.

i agree. the defending of mcnabb is a mystery to me. dont get me wrong- had he played well, i'd have been defending him. but, he didnt. not anyones fault but his. eff him and his fake self.

Archived