Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSNews: David Wu announces resignation

PCS

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20083560-503544.html

Rep. David Wu, D-Ore., announced his resignation today following allegations he engaged in "aggressive and unwanted sexual behavior" with a young woman.

"The time has come to hand on the privilege of high office," Wu said in a statement. "I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations."

Wu said that his resignation would be effective upon the resolution of the debt ceiling crisis.

*Click Link for More*

This guy has issues:

The Oregonian report, published late Friday, cites multiple unnamed sources that a "distraught young woman" called Wu's office this spring and accused him of the encounter, which appears to have occurred over Thanksgiving 2010. When confronted, Wu said the incident was consensual. The young woman is said to be the daughter of a donor and high school friend of Wu's.

The new allegation is the latest--but by far the most serious--in a string of erratic behavior that began last fall in the runup to the November elections. In one incident, Wu sent to his staffers a photo of himself in a Halloween tiger costume. His behavior become so unpredictable his aides began to avoid scheduling public appearances with him, even though he faced a competitive re-election.

His behavior that fall didn't become public until January of this year. After most of his campaign and House staff quit, Wu was forced to confront the controversy, and said his behavior had been as the result of extreme stress following a divorce from his wife, and that he had also taken prescription pain killers from a campaign donor. Wu also said he was now seeking treatment for mental illness, but remained adamant that he was not resigning from Congress and would seek reelection in 2012.

This isn't the first time Wu has been accused of unwanted sexual advances . In 2004, The Oregonian reported that Wu had been disciplined in 1976 when he was a student at Stanford University for trying to force an ex-girlfriend to have sex with him.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/07/teenage-girl-accuses-rep-wu-unwanted-sexual-encounter/40329/

Click on the link for the full article

That tiger costume is something special.:ols:

Wow, where do these freaks come from?

---------- Post added July-26th-2011 at 04:07 PM ----------

And furthermore, he bears a striking resemblance to George Takei.

I guess when you get paid a lot, to not do anything except sit around and have all that free time, you get into a lot of trouble.

Wait, what?

Our politicians have a lot of flaws, but not working hard enough isn't generally part of the job description. Their lives are a grind.

Wait, what?

Our politicians have a lot of flaws, but not working hard enough isn't generally part of the job description. Their lives are a grind.

I guess so. If I had to sit around listening to the same people, argue over the same things all day, without getting anywhere, my mind would wander.

Archived