Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

philly.sbnation.com: NFL Free Agency Rumors: Cowboys, Giants Could Be Hampered By Cap Concerns

tr1

How do you supposed they fix it? They re-signed their top two lineman from last year (Free and Kosier) and replaced their weak links in Davis and Colombo.

In your opinion, what's a logical fix? W/O acting like we are in Madden and signing guys nobody can afford.

I'm not suggesting that they could do something different right this moment, other than take preventative measures in the future, such as not making bad signings like Barber (Emmitt Smith $$$ for a P/T player) or Roy Williams (Joey Galloway Part Deux).

Sure...maybe we haven't cornered the market on crap qbs or wrs, but at least we walked away with a cornerstone for our line for 4 more years.

Say what you want, the guy is 27, athletic, and coming off of a very good season and a half.

The bigger question....is where did Jerry scrape that money together from? :)

:ols:

Your 'cornerstone' has about six games to do something special, otherwise that fossil will take over.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 05:29 AM ----------

Right now ... Montrae Holland, who when healthy is not bad. Word is they are after a Free agent OG. But Day 1 starting line would be as of now ...

LT-Free LG-Kosier C-Gurode RG-Holland RT-Smith

They're also looking for a starting defensive end....:rotflmao:

I have a funny feeling Allen and Shanahan knew the Giants and Cowboys couldn't compete this Free Agency period, which is why we threw good money at some of their "hitting their prime" players knowing full well they'd be in no position to match it. Good stuff on Cofield and Bowen, fellas, good stuff.

I have a funny feeling Allen and Shanahan knew the Giants and Cowboys couldn't compete this Free Agency period, which is why we threw good money at some of their "hitting their prime" players knowing full well they'd be in no position to match it. Good stuff on Cofield and Bowen, fellas, good stuff.

You guys paid a pretty penny for that 1.5 sacks.

Enjoy!

FYI, we could have matched but he wasn't worth it.

The Giants have been planning to let go of Cofield for nearly two years, now. I'm not sure that I agree with it, but that's been the plan. It's why they've used a 2nd round pick in back-to-back years on DT's. They even had an agreement in place to trade him to the Saints during the 2010 draft, but the Saints and Cofield couldn't come to an agreement on a contract extension.

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 02:03 PM ----------

You guys paid a pretty penny for that 1.5 sacks.

Enjoy!

FYI, we could have matched but he wasn't worth it.

He's never done anything against the Giants, but according to Pro Football Focus, Bowen had quite a few QB pressures last year: Secret Superstar: Stephen Bowen, Dallas Cowboys

Archived