Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth Twitter Conversation

Destructis

I'm pretty sure that he was joking.:)

my bad... :ols:

I hate the fact that he had value last season, and the Titans wanted to give us afourth for him, but we said no. I think that's what burns me up the most about the situation. It reminds me of when the Jets wanted Ladell Betts after he ran for 1000 yds in seven or eight games that one season, but we slept on that moment as well.

Oh well, i guess.

Hell no, just the image of him laying on the field, taking a siesta, during a national telecast game was enough to send me over the edge.

He doesnt want to play in the 3-4, folks, remember what Haslett said earlier this year-

Jim Haslett on Albert Haynesworth: ‘He doesn’t want to do anything’

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/jim-haslett-on-albert-haynesworth-he-doesnt-want-to-do-anything/2011/06/08/AG0VV7LH_blog.html

He didnt show up for any of the player only practices, when asked about it, he said he didnt know about them.

Bull**** !! players, media, even the fans knew about them.

And so far we have not heard a word from him, only his agent making noise.

One or two issues can be excused, but he has consistanly put himself first and the team second.

A leopard never changes his spots. Or maybe I should say that an elephant is most always gray.

If he does go all out this year, then it proves that Mike Shanahan is the smartest man alive EVER. Even if Haynesworth continues to be an idiot, Shanahan has been nothing but professional throughout this whole ordeal. His handling of it is letting the league know that you can't just take the Redskins' money and run anymore.

haha... i doubt it happens. but either way, shanahan has set the standard, you play hard and train well and there wont be a problem.

i really think that a few years from now we will look back and see shanahan's dealing with haynesworth as a turning point in the franchise. for the positive.

haha... i doubt it happens. but either way, shanahan has set the standard, you play hard and train well and there wont be a problem.

i really think that a few years from now we will look back and see shanahan's dealing with haynesworth as a turning point in the franchise. for the positive.

I do, too :yes:...

Had this been the 2001 Marty, half the players on the team would have been siding with Haynesworth lol...

Had this been Spurrier, he wouldn't even know who Haynesworth was lol...("Is he on defense?...")

Had this been Gibbs, he would have traded him after saying in a press conference that Haynesworth was "in the defense's plans" and that "we expect him to be here"...

Had this been Zorn, he would have gone 4-12 and been fired lol....

Shanahan, though, has basically said loud and clear "I'm a hard-ass...deal with it." And he said it to more than just Haynesworth. He said it to the other players on the roster...he said it to the media...he said it to the other players who might want to come to the Skins in the future...he said it to the rookies coming in this season...all of that is important.

I also think, though, that Shanahan could have handled the situation in a different manner and still provided a turning point in the franchise.

Could Philly pull off one of those secret 3-way trades with another team to get AH?

I wouldn't put it past them, but being they want him, strings can be pulled, and nothing

surprises me anymore regarding disruptions.

This won't happen. No team would want to be the middle man for that. If a team did that, no one would trust them (meaning other teams). It would ruin their reputation within the league and no one else would make deals with them.

I said this elsewhere. If Haynesworth shows up in shape and plays like one of, if not the most, dominant defensive linemen (and even player in general) in the league week in and week out without the bull**** on the side, it would only take 3-4 weeks for the fans to cheer for him. I think most everyone realizes what an ******* he is. But as a player, and one that can single-handedly disrupt an entire opposing team's offense and make everyone around him better, everyone would absolutely embrace him and love having him in Washington. Hell, if the guy came in and played balls out at DE I wouldn't be surprised if he realized how successful he can be and things would patch up pretty nicely with him and the team if it led to some victories in the process.

All that being said, I don't see it happening, but I sure as hell hope it does. Imagining our defense with a healthy Haynesworth is pretty nice. Even Suh said on ESPN the other day he used to love watching Haynesworth play and still think he can be one of, if not the best in the league when he wants to be. With Haynesworth collapsing the pocket and crushing the run game, Kerrigan and Orakpo coming off the edge with Landry headhunting and Atogwe/Hall roaming for picks...our defense looks, at least on paper, pretty damn good. But, like I said, Haynesworth is about the least reliable guy in the league.

No. I'm SO over him I don't think I'd feel anything for him ever again whatever 'good' he did.

If he was to still be here, and have a complete 360 (which might take a while for his lard ass to revolve), then I'd be happy that at least we we're getting something for our investment. But forgiving him, or however you want to term it, no. I'd still want his ass shipped for as good a pick as we could get if he was the most dominant NT in the league next year. It wouldn't last. There's WAY too much previous with him going back to his days at UT to suggest the old adage is true and a leopard never (truly) does change it's spots.

But it's all a moot point anyway as I'll lay every penny I have this doesn't happen. He'll be happy to sit on his fat ass and see it out here not playing if there's no interest. No way the arrogant no good POS about turns and starts putting it in for Shanahan.

On a side note, it's a good time to revisit a heated thread I put up prior to the 'Skins picking him up questioning if he really was worth the mega bucks with everything that went with him: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?277960-Is-Albert-Haynesworth-quot-All-That-quot

I take little solace in having those doubts confirmed FWIW after what we've suffered through with the jackwagon. Just interesting to revisit now.

Hail.

No. I'm SO over him I don't think I'd feel anything for him ever again whatever 'good' he did.

If he was to still be here, and have a complete 360 (which might take a while for his lard ass to revolve), then I'd be happy that at least we we're getting something for our investment. But forgiving him, or however you want to term it, no. I'd still want his ass shipped for as good a pick as we could get if he was the most dominant NT in the league next year. It wouldn't last. There's WAY too much previous with him going back to his days at UT to suggest the old adage is true and a leopard never (truly) does change it's spots.

But it's all a moot point anyway as I'll lay every penny I have this doesn't happen. He'll be happy to sit on his fat ass and see it out here not playing if there's no interest. No way the arrogant no good POS about turns and starts putting it in for Shanahan.

On a side note, it's a good time to revisit a heated thread I put up prior to the 'Skins picking him up questioning if he really was worth the mega bucks with everything that went with him: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?277960-Is-Albert-Haynesworth-quot-All-That-quot

I talk little solace in having those doubts confirmed FWIW after what we've suffered through with the jackwagon. Just interesting to revisit now.

Hail.

Completely agree :yes:..this part, especially:

He'll be happy to sit on his fat ass and see it out here not playing if there's no interest.

If you meant he'll be happy to half-ass it if he feels there's no interest from other teams to acquire him, then you're absolutely right, imo.

Completely agree :yes:..this part, especially:

If you meant he'll be happy to half-ass it if he feels there's no interest from other teams to acquire him, then you're absolutely right, imo.

I did. Great minds and all that bro. I'd go further and say if it wasn't for the fact it would cost him, he'd be more than happy to sit at home and see his contract out if he could get away with it. There's NO going back between him and Shanahan.

This notion that "winning" cures all never fails to amuse me. I guess it comes down to each individual character and your own personal standards on things as to just what you are prepared to forget for the sake of a W.

Hail.

So you guys don't think someone can change?

Have you ever done some really wrong things in your life? Have you changed because of it?

I am just curious and not being critical of you. I think anyone change if they want to. Does Haynesworth want to? Time will tell.

Have you ever done some really wrong things in your life? Have you changed because of it?

I am just curious and not being critical of you. I think anyone change if they want to. Does Haynesworth want to? Time will tell.

He's been an absolute ass going back to college. What seriously makes you think he's gona' change and finally mature at 30?

Hail.

There is nothing about this quote that says he's changed:

"Albert knows no one wants him but Philly and we won't trade him there so he has to go balls out."

If the quote had said AH knows he let his team mates and the Skins fans down last season so he has to go balls out this season to make up for it, THEN I would entertain the notion that maybe he's changed.

But the quote didn't say that. It instead points to the very real possibility that Haynesworth only does things if he feels it will benefit him personally. He wanted to be traded last season...so what did he do? He tried to play his hand by being an absolute jack-ass throughout the entire season under the belief that Shanahan and Allen would rather trade him away than deal with the headaches. Him supposedly going "balls out" this year is based on the same selfish goals.

If he goes balls out I will be happy that the Skins are getting a little more out of their investment...but that's it. If he sacks a QB, I'll cheer for the play, not the man. And I'll count the days until he either TRULY shows a sign that he's matured, or he's shipped out of here.

I'm still pissed at his antics with not wanting to play NT, but if he comes in on time, practices as hard as everyone else, and the team thinks they can use him at DE and he prospers then I'll somewhat forgive him. I say this because I think we already have 1 NT and we drafted another guy who can play NT. Putting all these big guys on the line and AH on end would be difficult to stop. But it also depends on what the DE is being asked to do and can AH do that job?

Personally I'd trade him to the Eagles and get a decent draft pick out of it or trade AH for Kolb straight up. If that can't be done then he either practices hard and plays hard with what he's asked to do or he can ride the bench.

Archived