Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth Twitter Conversation

Destructis

Interesting Twitter conversation going on about Haynesworth.

JSteelz and LL56 are saying that Albert knows no one wants him but Philly and we won't trade him there so he has to go balls out. So if Haynesworth comes in this year and is a monster, will all be forgiven?

My opinion is that people change, grow and learn. I *think* I would forgive him. I firmly feel that respect is earned and not given.

So if Haynesworth comes in this year and plays lights out, could you forgive him? Do you think his teamates can? How about the management?

It's a big what if, but anything can happen.

I had secretly been hoping Detroit would toss a fifth or sixth roundr out there for him, but the reality is that they probably don't want to poison their well, with this rat.

Work hard sir, and maybe by week three or four someone will take a chance at you. Al, you shouldn't have taken that check.

If he does go all out this year, then it proves that Mike Shanahan is the smartest man alive EVER. Even if Haynesworth continues to be an idiot, Shanahan has been nothing but professional throughout this whole ordeal. His handling of it is letting the league know that you can't just take the Redskins' money and run anymore.

The public is very fickle. If he plays great they will cheer, his teammates will pat him on the back, and his coach will sing his praise. That's all they want from him. Effort, hustle, and heart.

/thread.

Well said Bur.

Interesting Twitter conversation going on about Haynesworth.

JSteelz and LL56 are saying that Albert knows no one wants him but Philly and we won't trade him there so he has to go balls out. So if Haynesworth comes in this year and is a monster, will all be forgiven?

My opinion is that people change, grow and learn. I *think* I would forgive him. I firmly feel that respect is earned and not given.

So if Haynesworth comes in this year and plays lights out, could you forgive him? Do you think his teamates can? How about the management?

It's a big what if, but anything can happen.

Who are JSteelz and LL56?

See to me its about more than just playing NT and being in shape.

The guy has demonstrated himself to be an ass in public. When the road rage incidents and the assault charges stop showing up in the news, and he's doing what he's being paid to, i'll reevaluate the situation.

Of course if he comes in shape and works hard, by the end of the year people will lighten up on him. But, you know anytime is looks like he's dogging it, people will get on him about it.

Considering what he's been paid and his "potential", I think you still sit on him and work him like a dog until he either gets with the program, is traded, or retires. I don't think he is enough to tear apart a lockerroom right now. I think he can be used as an example of overpaid/underperforming to other players.

Could Philly pull off one of those secret 3-way trades with another team to get AH?

I wouldn't put it past them, but being they want him, strings can be pulled, and nothing

surprises me anymore regarding disruptions.

If he shows up and SHOWS UP, could you really trust him? Nah, unless he made some

hugely remorseful 180 and gave some of the 100m he got last year; I could begin to feel

warm then, but thats not gonna happen; once a bonehead, always a bonehead...

See to me its about more than just playing NT and being in shape.

The guy has demonstrated himself to be an ass in public. When the road rage incidents and the assault charges stop showing up in the news, and he's doing what he's being paid to, i'll reevaluate the situation.

Let's not forget stomping on a defenseless player with helmet gone. Class act all the way!

I think AH is just a bad egg. Not a dude who makes bad choices, but just a bad dude. The only way I think I'd "like" him is if he came out and completely repented and pointed the finger directly at himself and took all blame for the past year or so of debacles....and came to camp in shape. I doubt that happens....

But I don't have to "like" him. If he plays hard/well because he feels he has no options and is still a jerk, I really won't care. And yes, I will cheer if he sacks Eli on opening day...and be happy that a world class dbag is at least playing well for my team.

Something else I would like to answer from my original post. I think he will have a much harder time being forgiven by his team mates because they might be concerned, and rightfully so, that he didn't have their backs last year. I know that is a two way street and they would have to earn each others respect, but I am not sure it can be done.

If he comes in to play balls out, I wonder if any of his team mates would stay on his ass? I know Shanny and Haslet will, but would someone like Fletcher or one of the other leaders stay on him too?

If he comes in hungry and plays lights out from day one, it could be a very interesting season.

I'll cheer if he finally puts in the effort.

We need a powerful DE... we have someone to fill that hole on the team.. if he'd just do it.

I'm sure he doesn't feel this way, but he owes it at least to us fans at this point if not to Dan Snyder for paying them man so much money.

Something else I would like to answer from my original post. I think he will have a much harder time being forgiven by his team mates because they might be concerned, and rightfully so, that he didn't have their backs last year. I know that is a two way street and they would have to earn each others respect, but I am not sure it can be done.

He wouldn't have their backs THIS year, either, if this talk on Twitter is accurate.

He's not gonna go all out this year because he has his teammates' backs...hell, he doesn't even want to be part of the team. He's not doing it because he's being PAID to do that and it's part of his job responsibilities...and he's not doing it because he's had a "Come to Jesus" moment and understands now.

He's only doing it to get "paid" again...this time the payment will be in the form of a trade to another team. He finally realized that his actions have hurt his stock in the league so he's gonna change his attitude--for one year. The fact that his attitude hurt his teammates didn't play into the decision. So to me he's still as much of a selfish S.O.B. as he's ever been. The only difference is that the Skins' defense might benefit from his selfishness this time :ols:..

Archived