Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers: Possible heat exhaustion?(sarcasm included)

Sanders 83

Here's the quote from C Rogers in yesterday's Examiner article.

"I stack up with the best of them," said Rogers, a Redskins first-round pick in 2005. "When people compare my stats to [top corner Nnamdi Asomugha's], we're right there together. He's just a little higher. They say I don't catch the ball, but who's catching the ball on me?"

Full article here

I may live in FL now, but I have seen how hot it is in DC, so it is possible the heat is just getting to Rogers. Because does anyone think for a second he truly believes he's as good as Nnamdi? Or even in the top 10 for that matter. I won't even bother looking at the stats, because teams stopped throwing at Nnamdi years ago, that much I do know.

I say we either let him walk completely or go test his market value. Either some team completely overpays for his stone hands, or he comes back to us running for a "fair" deal. Although at this point I've had about enough of him, he hasn't come close to living up to a 9th overall pick. Shutting down TO 2 years ago doesn't make him a top corner.

I always liked Carlos, but his comments lately have been idiotic. Yes, you're a pretty good corner. Top 10? No. Top 15? Maybe. Top 20? Sure. And his who is catching the ball on me comment...I seem to remember Brandon Marshall a few years ago catching some balls on him.

I actually won't be surprised if a team over pays for him. He's not that old and, though he hasn't been super consistent, he's a competent cover corner. There aren't many of those out there who can join your team and start immediately. I hate the guy because of the way he's responded to this contract situation, but I still think he's a good corner. Better than most FAs out there in my opinion.

Carlos is a very good player. Sure he can't catch, but he will not be easy to replace.

As I don't believe he's first round quality, I can't agree he'd be tough to replace. He's a good cover corner, but nothing special. He's had some great games shutting down some great WR's. He's had as many and more average games getting dominated through his career by lesser wide outs. And that's before you even start on his hands which is WAY past being funny now.

Personally, I won't be sorry at all to see him leave.

Hail.

As I don't believe he's first round quality, I can't agree he'd be tough to replace. He's a good cover corner, but nothing special. He's had some great games shutting down some great WR's. He's had as many and more average games getting dominated through his career by lesser wide outs. And that's before you even start on his hands which is WAY past being funny now.

Personally, I won't be sorry at all to see him leave.

Hail.

couldnt say it any better. i used to be a lot more in his corner but his constant stupid comments and his overall lackluster play the last few years have earned him a "see ya later walrus mitts".

Reading comments from Rogers makes me feel as if my IQ has dropped 20 points. :silly: Seriously, though he has at times showed great potential, he has also showed lapses in consistency. He also tends to not display the team aspect persona you look for as opposed to the me guy he appears to be. In addition, his inflated ego and dillusional self-analysis is more than I can stomach. Let him head elsewhere and drive another DC nuts with the dropsies.

:point2sky

I'm ready to find out if Barnes can be a starter... No need to overpay for Rogers... Let him walk if he gets a great deal... fine... if he doesn't he can come back for a fair value deal that Bruce Allen writes up... not Vinny C.

I wouldn't dispute his cover skills... he's above average for sure... but he hasn't lived up to a 9th overall pick... and when you factor in his stone cold hands... he's barely average...No need to overpay for that... and I would like think BA won't...

I can't possibly agree with the title to this thread. There's no way Rogers has heat exhaustion.

He's up for a contract and definitely wouldn't risk going outside.

I figured a heat exhaustion title was better than suggesting he was smoking crack... or high grade medical marijauna... lol

Yeah, the reason why their numbers are "similiar" is because no one throws the friggin' ball at Nnamdi, where as no one is scared 'Los, because even with two jars of stick up and Super Glue, he still couldn't manage anything like Nnamdi's 8 interception season.

I may live in FL now, but I have seen how hot it is in DC, so it is possible the heat is just getting to Rogers.

The only way he get's heat exhaustion is if Jason Campbell doesn't pay his electric bill for him.

HIAL!

if he was so good why did none of our many DC's ever have him in press man, or in a shutdown assignment?

Sure our DC's were idiots having him so far off the LOS but played so soft I am not sure how he can even be compared statistically to other corners because you know, they actually cover the receiver. Not the 10 yds in front of the receiver.

Archived