Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins go after Amobi Okoye?

gchwood

fine by me if hes cheap. hes still very young and could be a good situational/rotational guy.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I could make the same argument for Joey Porter (save for being young). If we sign him on the cheap for one year as a rotational guy, I wouldn't object.

I think that he could do very well in our 3-4 system as an end. What do you think?

Not sure about that fit...if Wade Philips thinks he can't play in his 3-4 (which can be 5-tech friendly, 1-gap) what makes you think he would be a good fit in our 2-gap d-end system? IMO, Okoye is strictly a 4-3 DT tackle (3-tech) and as such would be a poor fit within our scheme. Perhaps he can learn to play it but Im not too sure about that.

Him and Bo were damned unstoppable. :::::apologizes for hijacking the thread further, and sulks back to the corner:::::::

:ols: My apologies as well, but I loved the damned 100 yard TD passes. Every offense was unstoppable! :silly:

Okoye could be a competition guy, but I truly believe he will look for a team with a 4-3. Especially considering every player has seen or read about the Haynesworth debacle.

I have a hard time believing that a guy who was able to run 4.85 40 and had 29 reps on bench, and yet is intelligent enough to be accepted to Harvard (though he chose Louisville) could not learn and play effectively in the 3-4. He was a DE in college, and has bulked up to play DT in the NFL.

so you suggest we sign a player that is getting cut because he is a horrible fit for the 3-4...to come play for our 3-4........neeeexxxxtttt

He is not a great fit in Wades one gap 3-4 but a bettr fit in our 2 gap 3-4. Plus his Texans contract is very expensive for what he is producing but would, presumably, be a lot cheaper as a free agent.

He doesn't fit the texans defense how? He's a penetrating dt who could probably play the NT in Phillip's system. He's stouter than Ratliff, build-wise. Watts-Okoye-Williams would be a NASTY 3-4 dline, though I suppose they are talking about Williams at OLB.

Williams at OLB???

That's a big Linebacker...even for a 3-4.

Archived