Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Blogs : Nobody runs for office in small N.C. town

Mickalino

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/18/nobody-runs-for-office-in-small-n-c-town/

Nobody runs for office in small N.C. town

In the North Carolina town of Tar Heel, residents won’t have to worry about Big Government. It’s looking like No Government.

Nobody’s on the ballot for November elections, a county elections official told CNN Monday.

Current Mayor Rick Martin is not running for re-election. “The mayor was in the process of moving out of the city, so he wasn’t going to file,” Shaw said.

The three-member town council won’t have anybody running on the ballot as well, leaving a void in the town's governing body.

Click link for remainder of article

-------------------------------------

If you're looking to start a political career, here's your perfect chance. Just move within the city limits of this here and become the only candidate for mayor in this town.

Why do I think that SS is making arrangements to move to Tar Heel? Half of our resident libertarians may just wind up in North Carolina over the next few months. :pfft:

Edit: They need to get some illegal aliens to Tar Heel ASAP. You know to fill those jobs Americans won't... like mayor.

Why do I think that SS is making arrangements to move to Tar Heel? Half of our resident libertarians may just wind up in North Carolina over the next few months. :pfft:

Edit: They need to get some illegal aliens to Tar Heel ASAP. You know to fill those jobs Americans won't... like mayor.

:ols: and :ols: at the edit. Hell, I'm a libertarian and still :ols:ed.

Similar story from a town in MN. Nobody wanted to be Mayor. A college kid in the end ran.
"My dad was saying my rent is going to go up. Well, I was saying I can just raise your taxes. You know, double-edged sword for him," Koch told the website.
Koch will be sworn-in as mayor Tuesday night after baseball practice.

:ols:

Just checked and made sure. Tar Heel, North Carolina is the residence of the largest pork processing plant in the world. According to the Food Inc documentary they have a huge problem with immigration due to the Smithfield Foods plant intentionally hiring illegals. It's no wonder nobody wants to be mayor of that town, Smithfield Foods runs that town.

Just checked and made sure. Tar Heel, North Carolina is the residence of the largest pork processing plant in the world. According to the Food Inc documentary they have a huge problem with immigration due to the Smithfield Foods plant intentionally hiring illegals. It's no wonder nobody wants to be mayor of that town, Smithfield Foods runs that town.

But you'd think with our current unemployment numbers, somebody would gladly step up and be a puppet, or a "yes man", for a mayoral paycheck, rather than be jobless - which ironically, a lot of people are, due to the hiring of those illegals ;)

He was one the best "contributors" you had. Right up there with Skip Bayless and Steven A.! lol

He was a the GREATEST..

a walking cliché.. like a cartoon character.

We still have some un-used stuff.. I have a 5 minute rant of his about relationships that is hilarious.. one of these days.

~Bang

they randomly and frequently "raid" the plant over there and arrest several illegals.....but I wouldn't say Smithfield runs the town....actually, the town and it's one gas station and little hometown cooking restaraunts wouldn't exist without the 5000 workers driving through there every day...

and Smithfield is working to fix the illegal problems...they are starting to hire refugees from Burma that are here legally, but like I said, there are 5000 people woking there...

Archived