Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL: Kris Jenkins retiring after 10 seasons with Jets, Panthers

JustAfan47

Well looks like the skins won't be trying to get him to come here. JLC was once again WRONG as he always is. :ols:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820df240/article/kris-jenkins-retiring-after-10-seasons-with-jets-panthers?module=HP11_headline_stack

NEW YORK -- Kris Jenkins was prepared to attempt yet another comeback. And, he dared anyone to doubt that he'd be able to pull it off.

But after a career filled with dominant moments and frustrating injuries, the big and charismatic defensive tackle decided his body had been through enough.

Jenkins announced his retirement on his Facebook page Wednesday after his last two seasons with the New York Jets were cut short by serious knee injuries.

Cromartie wants to be paid

Antonio Cromartie would love to return to the Jets, but the 27-year-old cornerback says he's in no mood to give the team a "hometown discount" in free agency. More ...

» Scott: Eliminating two-a-days is 'soft'

"Wanted to let you all know that I have loved the support and respect that you all have given me throughout my career," Jenkins wrote. "But it is time for the torch to be passed to the younger players. I am going to hang up the cleats!"

Jenkins, who will be 32 on Aug. 3, was released by the Jets in a cost-cutting move in February, but said at the time he still wanted to play. He continued his rehabilitation from his latest knee injury throughout the NFL lockout, and said he would be interested in playing for a team that played its home games on natural grass to help protect his knees. In the end, the four-time Pro Bowl selection chose to focus on life after football.

I want B.J. Raji! Hell, I'll give up Haynesworth, McNabb, Kelly, and next year's 7th :ols:

hmm... eusa_think.gif

Haynesworth... not a Packer Person

McNabb... 3rd QB on our depth chart

Kelly... 5th WR (or 6th if you include Jones) on the depth chart

7th round pick- well NOW we're talking. Last two have panned out well for us (prior to this draft which is cautious optimism)

but still... nah.

Archived