Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TheXlog: Will Vince Young be Mike Shanahan’s New Jake Plummer?

PeterC042

I don't see it no matter what evidence you bring because of Shanahan not showing his hand. He has Beck and McNabb on his roster as of now with no confirmation of McNabb being let go or traded. It has been all pure speculation by the media that since McNabb was benched that his days in DC are numbered. Now granted, everything points in that direction but so does trading Albert Haynesworth. So what makes everyone think that Vince Young won't go to the bench and pout because he got booed here? Will his confidence be rattled once again? So he deserves a second chance and if he succeeds we will be pretty good.

NO NO & HELL NO!

God, when will the idiotic ideas be put on another team's shoulders, for once?

Bring him in, and it will be another season in the tank, no improvement, nothing but a waste of money.

I guess the idea is to keep mentioning bringing VY here, and at some point the fans will be so worn out ****ing about it that it will not have as bad an effect as it would just popping this out of the blue.

Whats he gonna do, sweet-talk AH into playing?

Plummer was nowhere near as immature as VY. Plummer was not a ticking time bomb headcase like VY. Plummer never had to be coddled like VY was his entire career until the very end at Tenn. (In that regards, we already had a VY when Shanahan came here, JC, and he jettison him very quickly). Plummer didn't have a history of off the field issues like VY. Plummer showed potential on a very bad Arizona team, while VY has been very inconsistent on talented Tenn. team. No, I don't see VY being MS's new JP. We already have one headcase on this team from Tenn., I highly doubt that MS is going to want another.

I've never been thrilled about the idea of VY here simply because as others have stated, I don't think he has thick enough skin to handle the pressures of being a QB in Washington. That being said, I will say that this is at least the most convincing argument I've read on why it could be beneficial to take a flier on him.

Bring him in, and it will be another season in the tank, no improvement, nothing but a waste of money.

I respect your opinion but how do you KNOW this?!?! I mean most that make it can play in this game. They also need to be coached up.

The article is just saying look at it the way like Jake Plummer. I bet Bronco fans were saying the same thing as you. The Snake leaves Arizona with a 30-52 W/L record. Goes to Denver and has a 39-15 W/L record.

Is that no improvement and a waste of money? Took a chance on a guy and made him into a decent QB. Did they win a SB, no of course not. But they had a chance to win most games. It takes more then just a QB.

If they go in this direction, I will trust their judgement, but you can't possibly KNOW it will be a season in the tank. We are a below average team right now, we need all the players we could get to help this team win.

I am in no way a VY supporter, but after reading this article, it would make sense. He would come relatively cheap - and I am NOT confident at all with Beck or really Grossman (I hope I'm wrong). The one stat about VY that the writer didn't include is that he is 26-13 as a starter, or something close to that. Last time I checked, that will get the Redskins into the playoffs...

I'm not sure what the Redskins will do when the lockout ends, but I hope they address DL and OL first and then go with a ILB and CB. If they can land a WR who won't break the bank - fine. I can't wait until the lockout ends so the Skins can resign some of their guys, then fill some holes in FA. Let's go....

I respect your opinion but how do you KNOW this?!?! I mean most that make it can play in this game. They also need to be coached up.

The article is just saying look at it the way like Jake Plummer. I bet Bronco fans were saying the same thing as you. The Snake leaves Arizona with a 30-52 W/L record. Goes to Denver and has a 39-15 W/L record.

Is that no improvement and a waste of money? Took a chance on a guy and made him into a decent QB. Did they win a SB, no of course not. But they had a chance to win most games. It takes more then just a QB.

If they go in this direction, I will trust their judgement, but you can't possibly KNOW it will be a season in the tank. We are a below average team right now, we need all the players we could get to help this team win.

I completely agree with this post.

How many here were totally against signing Vick prior to the Eagles picking him up? ***Slowly Raising my hand*** How many people would love to have Vick as their QB right now? ***Quickly Raising my hand***

The point is that this is a low risk high reward move. Give him a one year contract similiar to Vick. Have him compete, see if he is a fit. If not you cut him, the same way we cut Larry Johnson, Galloway or Willie Parker. No harm, no foul. We need talent and competition across the board on this team. I just don't understand why we should shy away from anyone who could help the team.

I don't see it no matter what evidence you bring because of Shanahan not showing his hand. He has Beck and McNabb on his roster as of now with no confirmation of McNabb being let go or traded. It has been all pure speculation by the media that since McNabb was benched that his days in DC are numbered.

McNabb is gone one way or the other. He is owed a $10 million bonus after the first game of the season if they keep him. The only way the Skins keep him is if he is the starter and I just don't see that happening. If they sign Young to a reasonable contract with little to no bonus money, incentives are ok, then I am all for it. He still would need to prove himself and make the team.

Well we do have a recent history of paying players with questionable mental attributes...so nothing would surprise me with this team. That being said, I hope we never have to see VY in B&G.

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 09:43 AM ----------

I thought it was a pretty good article. I wouldn't mind if VY was signed but he would have to know that we would be drafting a QB early in next year's draft.

The 2012 draft can't get here fast enough IMO.

Well we do have a recent history of paying players with questionable mental attributes...so nothing would surprise me with this team. That being said, I hope we never have to see VY in B&G.

The difference I see is previous cases is that we paid a lot for money for those players with questionable mental attributes. Therefore when we wanted to get rid of them it was almost impossible (see Haynesworth). However if we can get VY for an incentive based contract which is cut friendly then I don't see the problem. As soon as it doesn't seem like it will work out we let him go. It's the low risk part in the whole "Low Risk, High Reward" scenario.

Archived