Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cbssports.com: first 2011 Power Rankings (Pete Prisco) Redskins tied for 21st

DC9

Pete Prisco's "formula" consists of the following:

-Rate the quarterback

-Rate the guys who knock down the quarterback (front seven)

-Rate the guys who knock down the ball (defensive backs)

-Rate the offensive line

The Redskins are tied in the overall power rankings at 21.

Donovan McNabb is ranked as the 19th best quarterback in the NFL.

Brian Orakpo is the 14th best pass rusher.

DeAngelo Hall is the 19th best defensive back.

Trent Williams is the 28th ranked Tackle.

Well....some tough grades up there if you ask me. No surprise, Prisco spends a lot of time overrating the Colts....

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15334021/fourway-formula-champ-packers-stacked-at-premium-positions

HAIL!

Disagree with some of the individual player ratings, but mentally I'd put the Redskins somewhere in the 18-23 range, so I'm not that upset with the rating. I mean we had a horrific defense, we don't know who our qb is, we had a weak offensive line and our best scoring threats were two undrafted rookies. That the Redskins are in the upper twenties is impressive.

Disagree with some of the individual player ratings, but mentally I'd put the Redskins somewhere in the 18-23 range, so I'm not that upset with the rating. I mean we had a horrific defense, we don't know who our qb is, we had a weak offensive line and our best scoring threats were two undrafted rookies. That the Redskins are in the upper twenties is impressive.

I think having continuity in our coaching staff is what ultimately got us the upper 20's ranking. But I agree with everything you say.

HAIL!

These rankings seem pretty accurate to me. Although as of right now I'd have us lower than 21st as a team.

On what basis? We have not had free agency, we dont know who the QB will be and we have not seen what any of the top rookies we drafted can/can not do. We could be a lot worse than 21 when the dust settles but right now no one has any clue.

On what basis? We have not had free agency, we dont know who the QB will be and we have not seen what any of the top rookies we drafted can/can not do. We could be a lot worse than 21 when the dust settles but right now no one has any clue.

Very true. About 1/5th of the players are free agents as soon as this deal gets done, plus we have a ton of cap space.

Based on last year. That's all we can go by.

Thats a good way to rank last years team but not very reliable for this year.

I'm aware. But until my precognitive powers are more finely tuned, or the season starts, that's all I can go by. As of right now, we're looking putrid, so I think 21st is generous.

Sadly so do I :(

Well, at least we don't have our hopes up. Usually I go into a season with big expectations and by November I'm ready to jump off a bridge. It might be a nice change of pace to expect suckage from the start. :-/

Amazing how overlooked Orakpo continues to be after being a Pro Bowler his first two years.

I would take any of the guys ranked above him over Rak for next season. Rak is only going to get better but he still needs a lot of work IMO.

And as for the rankings, we would/will be a lot lower once we get rid of McNabb b/c Rex or Beck will be a lot lower than 19.

I think that's the basis. As the roster stands right now we are in trouble. But this isn't the roster that we are going to go into the season with. The issue is that these kinds of power rankings doni't mean doodly right now.

Well, at least we don't have our hopes up. Usually I go into a season with big expectations and by November I'm ready to jump off a bridge. It might be a nice change of pace to expect suckage from the start. :-/

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. I'm wishing and hoping for the best, but I believe we're gonna be a bad team. Hope springs eternal.... I guess. lol

Archived