Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hell's Kitchen Premiere, Tonight - Our Friend is on the SHOW!

Bostic Hog

So tonight, right now, 9th season of Hell's Kitchen begins. This is probably the one show my wife and I watch together :)

Low and behold, a very good friend of my wife is on the show!! We last saw her a few months ago at a class reunion - then she txts my wife that she'll be out of town "for business"! HAHA she was filming Hell's Kitchen.

Although there's no voting, cheer it up for our friend Gina (we know her as Regina) -- she lives in Cape May, NJ. We talked to her last week and she was very secretive and not able to say much.

Let's Go GINA!!!!! FYI, she's the short little Asian girl.

I love Ramsey. Most all his shows are top class entertainment and a great chef to boot.

But I honestly don't care for this one. He goes WAY OTT to shock on the American version, and stop's being funny and makes himself look like a complete ass. The British one which was Ramsey's idea until he ended up in conflicting network contract wranglings, is much better IMHO. I like the concept of the contestants actually cooking for actual diners right through the programme and being graded by normal people on their work, instead of just one man.

But regardless, all the best to your friend man.

Hail.

I've never watched this show, but I will now. Unfortunately, I can only root for your friend to come in second:ols:. Looking at the website, I just realized that a guy I went to high school with (Brendan) is on the show. I had no idea he was into cooking, though reading over his bio, it appears to have happened mostly after graduation.

I love Ramsey. Most all his shows are top class entertainment and a great chef to boot.

But I honestly don't care for this one. He goes WAY OTT to shock on the American version, and stop's being funny and makes himself look like a complete ass. The British one which was Ramsey's idea until he ended up in conflicting network contract wranglings, is much better IMHO. I like the concept of the contestants actually cooking for actual diners right through the programme and being graded by normal people on their work, instead of just one man.

But regardless, all the best to your friend man.

Hail.

Totally agree. Love Ramsay and really feel that this show does a disservice to him. He's better than it. Kitchen Nightmares (both the British and US versions) are way better. I like Master Chef better too.

How long before some contestant just punches Ramsey in the throat? I guess he has to be outrageous for ratings, but how much debasement and humiliation should a person have to take? I don't care if he's the best ****ing chef in the world, you don't have to act like a total ******* to get your point across.

What's the show with him and the two other chefs - the fat guy with glasses and the wormy douchebag who always looks like he just smelled a fart? That show is really annoying too.

I agree with G.A.C.O.L.B. that Ramsey is better in Kitchen Nighmares, where he is not so over the top, especially in the older U.K. episodes.

I wasn't aware that the guy I knew in high school (Brendan) was on the show until this morning, so I didn't see last nights episode. How did he do? Keep in mind when you answer that I've never seen this show before, so I won't understand any insider lingo.

I wasn't aware that the guy I knew in high school (Brendan) was on the show until this morning, so I didn't see last nights episode. How did he do? Keep in mind when you answer that I've never seen this show before, so I won't understand any insider lingo.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Brendan was the giant, toughguy douche that one of other guy kept calling a meatball. Almost got into a fight. From Jersey?

And Dan, the one with the Ramsay and two other chefs is called Master Chef. Not as good as Kitchen Nightmares but better than Hell's Kitchen. IMO anyway.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Brendan was the giant, toughguy douche that one of other guys kept calling a meatball. Almost got into a fight. From Jersey?

He's from McLean originally, but his bio says he's in Hoboken, NJ now. As for the giant toughguy part? I admit, I haven't spoken with him since our 10-year reunion, which was 3-4 years ago, but he was shorter than I am (I'm 6'1") so I don't think he qualifies as a giant. Unless you just mean he was a giant douche, in which case, I have no idea.

I meant giant as in big douche, not big person. I might be wrong though. He might've been the dude that was calling out the douche. I don't know. They all seem the same to me.

Ah I did have it backwards. He was the one calling out the other dude. Seemed like they were about to throw down at one point:

http://www.yidio.com/show/hell's-kitchen/news/hells-kitchen-season-9-episode-1-recap-18-chefs-compete-3080

Paul and Brendan go head-to-head as they get sarcastic with each other over not being able to get a single entree out. Brendan calls Paul a "meatball" and a "dumpling."

Archived