Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Generation Wars: Make a case for your era

Burgold

Most people think correctly that the following generation is stupid, moronic, and taking us right to hell. At the same time, most people think correctly that the older generation is stupid, moronic, and responsible for the hell we're living in. So, who had the best era. Make a case for what your generation contributed that kicks the arse of what someone else's generation contributed.

For the case of this argument this generation measures your life from Jr. High to college graduation or about 12 -22.

I'll start. My generation is the best because the Redskins won three Superbowls, we gave the world the internet, ended the Cold War.

The rest of you are pale shadows. :D

We had that Great war that was Grenada... in/out the way it should be.

The 10month Kuwait war felt like a quagmire.

Plus, we gave the world the Transformers, GIJoe, and Boy George.

(Boy George wtf?)

---------- Post added July-17th-2011 at 10:53 AM ----------

Baby Boomers suck, that's about all I know

Ah, you contributed nothing so you whine, whine, WHINE! :silly:

my generation is full of whiners, and we're lazy, but we're also more productive than our predecessors.

or maybe I'm just projecting

but, I do think my generation will be the first generation to be less well off than our parents were... granted our parents were living on top of bubble after bubble, but we'll feel most of the pain. Who knows, maybe this slight bit of hardship will teach us the lessons that our parents could not.

Sex,drugs and rock and roll....probably some of the greatest guitar rock....and then disco :silly:.....musta been the drugs

not sure if we ****ed up more than we fixed,but it's been one hell of a ride:)

By 2 years for the 22 year old cut off generational point. See, first they murder Lennon, then they try claim things from other generations.

Shocking.

Hail.

And the younger generation can't even research properly. Ahem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Transformers_TV_series

Launched in 1984 (in production) and introduced in 1985, Hasbro's Transformers toyline was promoted through both a comic book by Marvel Comics and an animated series produced by Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions. Although the comic outlived the animated series by a number of years, it was the animated series that truly captured the hearts and minds of children worldwide more so than any other piece of Transformers media from its twenty-five year history. With the original show's conclusion in 1987,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Transformers_TV_series

Launched in 1984 (in production) and introduced in 1985, Hasbro's Transformers toyline was promoted through both a comic book by Marvel Comics and an animated series produced by Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions. Although the comic outlived the animated series by a number of years, it was the animated series that truly captured the hearts and minds of children worldwide more so than any other piece of Transformers media from its twenty-five year history. With the original show's conclusion in 1987,

Right, ignore that, lol. I had a brain fart that only had your generation as 12. Not upto 22. *Hangs head laughing at self.

But the Lennon thing stands. *******!

Hail.

I was a little bit older than you in 1984, but I don't remember teenagers watching Transformers. It was a kids show. So I consider it not part of my generation... ;) But if that was your thing at 14/15...

My genration, part two, book three, verse four,

Jackson Five, Nikki Sixx

My old man says the Woodstock generation

Found a way to make this nation

Open up its eyes and take a look around

And he says my generation

Ain't good for nothing

I could think of something

So I thought I'd jot it down

Here's to hair gel

Hanging out at the health spa

Using condom sense

Watching L.A. Law

Here's to drum machines

Stonewashed jeans

Credit cards, fax machines

Big bow-headed chicks and frat guys

Wearing forty dollar tie-dyed t-shirts

And big old paisley ties

Here's to living off dad as long as you can

And blending in with the crowd

Oh, my generation

My generation

My generation should be proud

We were raised up in the hallowed halls

Of half a million shopping malls

And there ain't any price that we're too proud to pay

We'll buy anything from Diet Sprite

To one thousand points of light

Hey, I admit we're not that bright

But I'm proud anyway

Here's to hair gel

Hanging out at the health spa

Using condom sense

Watching Arsenio Hall

Here's to drum machines

Stone-washed jeans

Credit cards, fax machines

Big bow-headed chicks and frat guys

Wearing forty dollar tie-dyed t-shirts

And big, bold paisley ties

Here's to living off dad as long as we can

And blending into the crowd

Oh, my generation

My generation

My generation

God, I hope I die before I get old

My generation

My generation

My generation

Strike a pose--there's nothing to it

My generation

My generation

Oh my generation should be proud.

On the World front off the top of my head:

Good: Ended Cold War/ Berlin Wall fell- Unified Germany again/ Mandela Freed- Apartheid ended in SA.

Bad: Cluster **** of first gulf war/ Yugoslav conflict and all the genocide and ethnic cleansing there/ Rawanda, and all the shocking crimes like in the former Yugoslavia there.

So mixed on the World scene.

Hail.

It's too hard to do these. It is that it happened when you were growing up or that your generation developed it. Generation Y (1980-1994) hasn't had real time to make that much of a difference yet. And the Internet was developed in the 60's and the World Wide Web was developed by Baby Boomers (except they're Brits so Boomers if they were Americans)

Archived