Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the timeline from CBA approval?

88Comrade2000

I wouldn't hold my breath. I have a feeling that I need to start a new hobby this fall.

Why would you have this point of view? Everything we've heard/been told, it appears as if it's a foregone conclusion that there will be a deal. Both sides are compromising on different aspects to make this deal happen.

There's way too much money on the line to miss any games and both sides know this. With the way the talks have been progressing I wouldn't be surprised if FA started in 9 days as Mort and Schefter have been reporting.

Don't know why you are paranoid or somewhat worried Leonard, they are pretty much done, need to put some final touches or whatever and then sign it and we're good to go. This isn't like weeks ago where rookie contracts and other things needed to be sorted out. It's all done.

Why would you have this point of view? Everything we've heard/been told, it appears as if it's a foregone conclusion that there will be a deal. Both sides are compromising on different aspects to make this deal happen.

There's way too much money on the line to miss any games and both sides know this. With the way the talks have been progressing I wouldn't be surprised if FA started in 9 days as Mort and Schefter have been reporting.

That's the thing that makes this roll, the money. And that's why it gets done this week. Too much money to lose.

That's the thing that makes this roll, the money. And that's why it gets done this week. Too much money to lose.

According everyone's fav site: PFT; players are making a last minute power play that could derail the whole thing. :beatdeadhorse:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/17/players-apparently-are-making-a-last-minute-power-play/

Its all lining up so that the lockout ends and league year starts on the 25th July. Teams would then have 72 hours grace to sign their own free agents meaning free agency would start July 28th.

There might be few twists and turns this week but the above dates look like very good bets.

Its all lining up so that the lockout ends and league year starts on the 25th July. Teams would then have 72 hours grace to sign their own free agents meaning free agency would start July 28th.

There might be few twists and turns this week but the above dates look like very good bets.

It's going to be fun to talk about actual football stuff instead of solar panels, CBA's, and party decks.

The latest I think:

Wed: 7/20- players approve CBa

Thu: 7/21- owner approve CBA, well most of them. I fully expect Mike Brown and Ralph Wilson to vote no.

Fri- probably a day to digest new rules, but 72 hour period to sign your own free agents begins

Mon: 7/25- Wild and Wacky Free Agency. SynderOne will have competition.

Archived