Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cross Country Bicycle Tour for C.S. Mott Children's Hospital: Updated w/ pics

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, so this morning when I roll into the office there is a message on my machine. It turns out there is a team of four students from the University of Michigan that are raising money for C.S. Mott Children's Hospital and to do so they are riding from Huntington Beach, California to Virginia Beach, VA, and they needed a place to sleep tonight. So being good young Methodists they called the local Methodist church and right now they are sleeping in our Sunday School rooms as they rest up for another 100 mile day tomorrow.

The team is made up of two pairs of siblings; Lauren and Ethan; and Melissa and Mark. Great kids! Please pray for them as they work over the next two weeks to finish their cross country ride. And pray that they are able to find safe suitable lodging and that they remain safe on the roads ahead of them.

Here is their blog site if you're interested in reading about their journey, and there is also a sponsorship page where you can commit to sponsorship!

http://xcbtourformott.wordpress.com/

*edit

pics post #3

I didn't even think about churches.

I'm running from Cumberland to Pittsburgh in November, and trying to work out the logistics. Not a bad idea.

May God bless them along the way, and always, and keep them safe.

The team just sent me this photo; may not seem like a lot to most, but to me it's special because they are in front of the church where I served for 3 1/2 years before being appointed to my current church. As they made there way into the village of Paint Lick (yeah no jokes we've heard them all), the team found all the shops and bank emptied as everyone was out at the street cheering the team on!

IMG_0465.jpg

Archived