Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com:Redskins prepared to make run on big free agents after lockout

ChillSkinzFan84

I'm supportive of the Yanda signing, that's about it.

I'm not sure why everyone is on Holmes' bandwagon this year, he didn't have a particularly great season, he beat Anthony Armstrong by 4 receptions and 3 TDs, and Armstrong had 130 more yards. There's nothing particularly great about Holmes, except that he was on a playoff team. I'd really rather stay away from him, we already have a guy, who will cost a lot less, and fits the bill. They're even almost the same age, one year apart (Holmes 27, Armstrong 28).

I don't know about Cofield.

Jenkins is meh. I don't particularly like the signing, but if his contract is short, and he's used to allow Jarvis Jenkins to make a smooth transition into the starting spot, then fine. If that's the intent, then great.

I guess it doesn't matter really, since JLC is full of ****. I can write an article, say it's from a "source" and throw a bunch of FAs names up who would fill positions of weakness for a team. Then, when they sign one of them, I can claim my sources are accurate and I'm a great writer. NFL Network should hire me.

---------- Post added July-13th-2011 at 07:05 AM ----------

Vinny Cerrato no longer resides here,so I'm not worried.

If the rest of you want to run around like your hair's on fire..have at it. :)

I have no hair, so that would mean my scalp would be on fire, and that would ******* hurt. I'm with you, less Vinny makes me feel more comfortable about this FA offseason.

JLC also said we were after several "big name" FAs. Santonio Holmes is about the only name most fans will even know from that group.

my question is if we go after too many DL in free agency then what happens to our draft picks, I still don' t think it's time to sign a lot of FA's, only on the OL do I feel it's truly necessary and if we can find a true stud at NT should we play the FA game this season.

---------- Post added July-13th-2011 at 12:12 PM ----------

That's another thing why sign any of the FA WR this year, dam I wish for once we can take one on the chin and at least find out what we truly have in our own house before we start shopping in everybody else

Forgetting whether or not this is accurate. The open here is the reason why this guy is such a douche.

He makes a statement of fact apparently based on his opinion that the Redskins are "facing a serious lack of talent at key positions". According to who? Nobody cares what your opinion is, you have about as much knowledge about this than just a fan. If this sentiment was expressed to you by someone in the Redskins or even in the sport, then cite that fact.

Right now that line comes across as a personal shot at the Redskins coupled with the next line which, while true, is uncalled for if one fancies themselves a real grownup professional reporter.

As for the main thrust of this piece, if one can't trust the "reporter" who has been wrong so often, then there is no point in speculating on the specifics of the piece.

Good lord,....some many of you around here get so butt-hurt over anyone saying anything negative about the Skins.

Face it, there are a lot of so-called reporters, bloggers, douche-bags, whatever you want came on the internet,......all with options. So what,...deal with it.

In addition to that the Redskins have been a mediocre to bad team for awhile now. Whether or not you want to admit it is irrelevant,...but deep down you know it's true.

I happen to agree with the guy, I think the Skins do lack talent at Key positions, but I'd like to qualify that with "proven" talent. Hopefully they can bring some more in after the lock out, and from what he says there a lot of those guys could be a big help. I'm hopeful they'll be better this year -- we'll see.

My question is............WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE IN THE REDSKINS ORGANIZATION GIVE ANY INSIDE INFORMATION TO THAT WEASEL ASS La Confora???? I mean, why would anyone put our information out there like that, especially with Free Agency about to start, and of all the people in the world to leak the info to.....Confora?????

I ain't buying it for one second! Mike Shanahan comes across as very SECRETIVE and very stealth in the way he operates....i can't believe that anyone close enough to know what he was planning on doing, would be dumb enough to share that information with La Confora.

And another thing.....i swear that La Confora, Jason Reid, etc, purposefully try and sabotage the Redskins with pieces like this....and putting information out there about Haynesworth.....hoping that it will help reduce what ever value we could get for him.....and the same with McNabb. I've never seen a hometown newspaper that trashes it's local team more than the Washington area papers.

I'd love to bump in to La Confora on the street sometime....so i could tell him exactly what i think of his monkey ass.

Yanda seems likely stay with the ravens. While Cofield could be an interesting prospect Kris Jenkins is a walking medical chart, can't see why the skins would target him. Holmes is another problem child that makes no sense since the Skins are trying to cleanup their locker room. TK mentioned some time back that there may be some surprising roster moves which I interpreted as meaning the Skins were going to sweep out the party animals in favor of guys that are focused on football. Curiously, there was little mention of which CBs or LBs from other teams the Skins may be looking at.

Sounds to me like somebody was pumping JC full of you know what and the big goof took the bait hook, line and sinker.

Sounds to me like somebody was pumping JC full of you know what and the big goof took the bait hook, line and sinker.

It will be silly season for these kinds of 'leaks' and 'information' over the next few weeks as agents try to pump a market for their players and teams put out information and misinformation to attempt to position themselves for their targets and also disguise who they are really after.

I'm taking everything with a huge pinch of salt right now.

Just looking at this list, I really don't want Kris Jenkins (injury machine, the Jets got rid of him for a reason) and would be highly skeptical of Coefield considering he is coming from a 4-3 defense. I would really like Santonio actually however. Regardless of his "partying," the guy has won everywhere he has gone (Pittsburgh and NYJ) and downright makes big plays. Like everyone else though, I'll believe that the Skins have all these players on their FA priority list when I see it. Been a fan for too long to believe every rumor one hears regarding free agents and the Redskins.

With the shortened offseason this seems an especially bad time to bring in a bunch of free agents from outside the organization. It's going to be tough enough getting the team on the same page. That gets even tougher when you have a bunch of new guys trying to learn the system in a really really short offseason and preseason.

I am just in love with the idea of the bro´s Jenkins...our line would look like this, Jenkins, Jenkins and Jenkins. The Triple Threat Jenkins in da house.

Eli Manning is under center, watch out for Jenkins...keep Jenkins out of the backfield. And the o-line turns around and looks at him like wtf, which one?

Wasn't one of Clinton Portis' goofy characters named Jenkins too?

The media always does **** like this.

9/10 of ten times when an NFL analyst cites "NFL sources," they are referring to an agent. Obviously agents are trying to build up their client's stock as FA may be approaching (July 28th?). Santonio Holmes's agent would like nothing more than to have the world start talking about Santonio Holmes, and unfortuantely due to our history of FA spending, the Redskins will always be an "interested party."

At the end of the day I trust our GM and head coach. They have more access to more information than we could ever imagine having, and so far have made no laughable free agency moves (Donovan Mcnabb was a trade).

On another note, I would also like to address everyone's reaction to signing 30-32 year old FA. As long as don't give up draft picks for guys who are 32+, I see no harm in adding depth with veterans.

Our QB of the future is going to need a solid team to inherit next year. Let's make sure we give him just that.

On another note, I would also like to address everyone's reaction to signing 30-32 year old FA. As long as don't give up draft picks for guys who are 32+, I see no harm in adding depth with veterans.

Our QB of the future is going to need a solid team to inherit next year. Let's make sure we give him just that.

If we sign too many 30-32 year old guys we may not be in position to get our QB of the future next year, and end up with a team that will max out at 9 wins

Is that a cheapshot though? We've finished in last place 5 of the last 7 years and haven't won the division in over a decade.

People are way too sensitive on here. The Redskins suck. Say it out loud, "The. Redskins. Suck."

We are the joke of the league. No NFL fans I bump into remember superbowls in the 80's or early 90's. Time for everyone to get used to the backlash.

I for one accept reality.

Archived