Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Motorhead Guitarist Dead At 61 "Wurzel"

Gracelander

Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister once referred to Michael "Wurzel" Burston as "a quiet monster. He's a very soft-spoken guy -- kind of a gent, even. But give him a guitar and he just...erupts."

Wurzel, who was with Motorhead for nine albums between 1985-1995, died on July 9 from ventricular fibrillation caused by heart muscle disease (cardiomyopathy), at the age of 61. Kilmister's bass tech, Tim Butcher, broke the news on his Facebook page, also referring to Wurzel as a "complete gent" and a "great guitarist, and writing "We will miss you."

http://www.billboard.com/news/motorhead-guitarist-michael-wurzel-burston-1005270792.story#

------------------------------------------

ES Staff appended edit:

10. Please adhere to the following policies when using content from outside sources:

If you are posting an article from an outside source, title your thread in the following format: "SHORTFORM SOURCE: HEADLINE" (Ex.: "WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach") without editorializing the headline with your own version.

Yesterday at work a good friend of mine told me: bro, my sister told me Lemmy is dead ...

Damn! Right away I start searching the subject and nothing ... then I saw this, damn!

Wurzel thanks for everything, and believe me, we love you Wurz.

Descansa en paz.

Awesome sign avatar bro.

Foo Fighters played T In The Park on Sunday and dedicated a song to him. This link has the whole gig so jump to 84 minutes to hear it!

http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1275175.html

My daughter was at this, 4 days in a tent with torrential rain, thunder, lightening, mud. Foos were the closng headline band, came on early and played for over 2 hours. Daughter thought they were just amazing. T In The Park - annual festival held in Scotland, 80,000+ camped out for four days, even with fun fairs thrown in! Try and get there!

Archived