Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Women and their weight issues

Dapo

The population of overweight women is ballooning*

Notice, nowadays, how many guys in their 20's are obviously hitting the weights? Maybe it's because they're competing for an ever-dwindling supply of non-overweight ladies.

*not just women, though obesity rates are higher for women, and are rising faster for women.

LOL good point :)

I'm so sick of men talking about women's weight...it's so annoying.

Sure, when someone is obese or morbidly obese and their health is compromised, then that needs to be addressed. But that's not what guys today are whining about, it's purely aesthetic.

Sorry, this is just a very annoying subject for me. I hang around wrestlers who ALL THEY DO is complain about their weight, other people's weight, girls' weight, guys' weight, cutting weight, making weight, and on and on and on. They're obsessive. It's like a mental disorder specific to wrestlers....and I hate people bagging on other people's weight issues like they're perfect. None of us are perfect.

I'm so sick of men talking about women's weight...it's so annoying.

Sure, when someone is obese or morbidly obese and their health is compromised, then that needs to be addressed. But that's not what guys today are whining about, it's purely aesthetic.

Sorry, this is just a very annoying subject for me. I hang around wrestlers who ALL THEY DO is complain about their weight, other people's weight, girls' weight, guys' weight, cutting weight, making weight, and on and on and on. They're obsessive. It's like a mental disorder specific to wrestlers....and I hate people bagging on other people's weight issues like they're perfect. None of us are perfect.

Hey I agree with you :)

Some fat ugly men will make comments in this thread.

And perfection isn't sexy, IMO, Katie. I live by the "real Christmas tree" approach to women.

When I was a kid, we used to go cut down a real tree every Christmas. My mom always said, "I don't want that looks too perfect, because if it does, it doesn't look real."

I view women the same way. A little quirk, or something that's just a little different appearance-wise to me is very sexy. Look at Jennifer Gray. She's not nearly as cute since she got her nose fixed. And a few extra proportionate pounds is flat out hot.

The population of overweight women is ballooning*

Notice, nowadays, how many guys in their 20's are obviously hitting the weights? Maybe it's because they're competing for an ever-dwindling supply of non-overweight ladies.

*not just women, though obesity rates are higher for women, and are rising faster for women.

Damn, I never thought of that. Interesting point.

Also, does anyone else think #3 isn't the same two girls?

Hey I agree with you :)

I know, I'm just blowing off annoyance steam from chatter I was surrounded with at all the 4th of July BBQ's I went to last weekend. :ols: I could have been just as mean in the conversation and joined in talking about how unattractive short guys who weigh 125-130 and look like freshmen in high school are... haha

Honestly, that site is pretty degrading.

Posting pictures of anonymous people on the internet is pretty wrong as far as I'm concerned. People do it because they think it's funny (and sometimes it is), but if I were at then wrong end of that stick I'd want some sort of justice. Imagine you had a "less than flattering" photo taken of you and one of your "friends" put it on a site for the world to see. It's ****ed up. There has to be some sort of invasion of privacy statue out there that can guard against such a thing.

I'm 5'10" 130 pounds... I know I'm not going to find a woman who is skinnier than me... Honestly I'd rather have a girl who (as the black people say) "has curves" (but not overweight) and doesn't give a **** about it, than a girl who eats a cookie and complains about how she feels fat... Give me a woman who can eat whatever she wants and not give a damn but still stay fit over a girl who asks a server "How many calories are in this?"...

that was a low blow :(

Is it still a low blow if I'm married to one of them and don't care at all about the fact that I'm taller than my hubby when I wear heels? Although he doesn't look like a high schooler since he's bald now :D I would never say something like that to any of the smaller wrestlers because it's not a big deal to me, but if someone is going to be mean-spirited, I'm not above pushing their buttons to make them think about how what they say makes others feel.

I just get touchy when people make fun of others because of their physical attributes instead of getting to know their heart. I think sites like the one in the OP are mean-spirited and wrong and people who put others down for a laugh over superficial attributes have mental issues.

Is it still a low blow if I'm married to one of them and don't care at all about the fact that I'm taller than my hubby when I wear heels? Although he doesn't look like a high schooler since he's bald now :D

well that doesn't help me, now does it?

I just get touchy when people make fun of others because of their physical attributes instead of getting to know their heart. I think sites like the one in the OP are mean-spirited and wrong and people who put others down for a laugh over superficial attributes have mental issues.

honestly, that website made me sad more than it made me laugh. How could they let themselves go like that? Did they stop caring, did their metabolism slow down? Its gotta be tough.

That's an amazing degree of change within five years. I'm slightly overweight, probably should drop around 10-15 pounds, but I wear the same clothes I did five years ago and even have some stuff from grad school that fits fine (and that was about 16 years ago). You can tell when you are undergoing that dramatic a change and there's got to be something you can do about it in most cases.

i would be pissed if my gf/wife blew up like this. If you bought a porsche 911 and in three years it morphed into a big rusty van, you'd sue porsche for fraud

This is the comment from the OP. Please note that the OP is 25 years old.

Any poster who is my age will know what I am talking about without me even having to say it. To those not my age, please note your body will change in the next 10 years.

Is it still a low blow if I'm married to one of them and don't care at all about the fact that I'm taller than my hubby when I wear heels? Although he doesn't look like a high schooler since he's bald now :D I would never say something like that to any of the smaller wrestlers because it's not a big deal to me, but if someone is going to be mean-spirited, I'm not above pushing their buttons to make them think about how what they say makes others feel.

So you're married to George Costanza?

This is a good point, and very true.

Agreed. I think sites like that one are every bit as revealing of the people who post and support them as the pics are of those in them. And unfortunately,we too much of that happen on this site at times as well.

I also agree with your earlier comments about men's comments on women's weight. I've heard a lot of that over the years in the gyms I've worked at/owned. And a major percentage of the time it's from guys who could use some work themselves,(men are great when it comes to denial about their physical appearance and such). It is annoying to be sure. Not here of course. Apparently we have a fairly decent percentage of Adonis's..Adonises...something like that ') on this site. :silly:

It is a personal pet peeve for me to witness people laughing or pointing at obese people...... like it is some "us against them" concept. I believe there is the mistaken idea that this person parks themselves in front of some trough everyday and eat till they can't possibly have another bite- and gets up the next day to do it again. If your sick of looking at the problem, you can thank the food industry- and I use that phrase loosely. Most of what is presented as food by both the supermarkets and the restaurant/fast food industry really shouldn't be eaten by anyone. I feel terribly for the dieters. The health care industry has no idea what to tell these people. "Eat low calorie/low fat!!" they are advised. When the chemists take the fat out of your food they....they choose to replace it with sugar. Sugar and high fructose corn syrup are in everything (soups, sauces, salad dressings...you name it). The only answer is to forever change our tastebuds to much simpler and fresher foods. Unfortunately, for what are probably working mothers in the photos you have referenced- its not as easy as microwaving some sodium/carb/chemical packed frozen lean choice meal (Ever notice how those are always include pasta and rice?? Wonder why?). Whole fresh food menu planning is expensive- thank you food industry!! Daily physical activity is a must, too.

I have no doubt that people do make poor food choices. Everyday is not Thanksgiving- the majority do not understand portion control. I think there are many people with sensitive metabolism who also show the results of the average american diet sooner than others. It can happen to anyone. Boy, those high calorie brews sure do go down well when your a twenty something, too.

This is the comment from the OP. Please note that the OP is 25 years old.

Any poster who is my age will know what I am talking about without me even having to say it. To those not my age, please note your body will change in the next 10 years.

Especially if you have a couple kids.

---------- Post added July-9th-2011 at 10:26 PM ----------

that was a low blow :(

This thread is a low blow ...

Archived