Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Found some sort of animal on a Little Caesars pizza. What should I do?

Toe Jam

Last Saturday, my girlfriend and I got a couple of pizzas from Little Caesars inside our local K-Mart.

We saved one of the pizzas for a later date. Upon opening the box, we noticed something a little strange on one of the slices. Upon further inspection, this is what we found:

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

We have no idea what this is. The cheese is still baked onto the body of this thing. We removed it from the tail because we needed to inspect further. We thought we were seeing things. You can't see it in the pictures but if you look close enough in person, you can see eyeballs. We put it in a baggie and it's currently sitting in our freezer so it'll stay preserved until testing can be done.

We contacted Little Caesars management, who referred us to K-Mart management. They were less than helpful. The guy said he would like to see it in person so they could send it off to a lab for testing.

Yeah, right.

So then we called the health department. They referred us to a health inspector. He wasn't helpful either. All he said was that they inspect that restaurant once a week and have found no evidence of problems. When asked if they did testing or investigations, we received a flat "no" in response.

So we're frustrated. We're not looking for monetary gain but we're a little pissed about getting the run around from these people who are supposed to be ensuring this kind of crap doesn't happen.

I need to know what the next step is. What I want is for this thing to be tested so we can find out what it is and go from there.

We almost ate whatever it is. My girlfriend doesn't even want to eat out anymore.

Bunch of bull****. By the tone of both people on the phone, they seem to think we're making all this up. We have no reason to. We just want to get to the bottom of it.

Advice?

For one thing, you should save the box, receipt, and, of course, the animal. You should also contact Little Caesars about this issue. They should know about it and investigate the matter so they can see if they did something wrong.

We have all that.

We contacted the manager at the Little Caesars. He told me it was run by K-Mart. So we talked to a K-Mart manager.

And he gave us the run around.

We didn't notice this until Tuesday and by the time we were actually able to speak with someone, it was Thursday. So it's almost been a week now.

---------- Post added July-8th-2011 at 02:44 PM ----------

It looks like a hunk of cheese. It's a hunk of cheese shaped like a seahorse, but it's a hunk of cheese.

No, it's not. That's a tail. We checked it very closely.

I think notifying the manager would be plenty in this case. Do you know how many people actually have had stuff end up in/on food that shouldn't? it's bound to happen.

Take the pizza back with the animal on it, demand a new one. If manager is not there, call back when the manager is. I dont think notifying everyone and their mom will do any good.

It sucks it happens, but any business wouldn't want to do stuff like that on purpose. If it happens more than once, thats when you have a problem.

We have all that.

We contacted the manager at the Little Caesars. He told me it was run by K-Mart. So we talked to a K-Mart manager.

And he gave us the run around.

We didn't notice this until Tuesday and by the time we were actually able to speak with someone, it was Thursday. So it's almost been a week now.

Here's what you do. You contact Little Caesars national customer support line and you say, "I found a mouse in one of your pizzas and have contacted [the manager's name and title]. It's been nearly a week and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I would like to think I'd get a prompt response from one of your employees. Would I get a faster response if I contacted a newspaper or some other media outlet and sent them pics of the little fella?"

Here's what you do. You contact Little Caesars national customer support line and you say, "I found a mouse in one of your pizzas and have contacted [the manager's name and title]. It's been nearly a week and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I would like to think I'd get a prompt response from one of your employees. Would I get a faster response if I contacted a newspaper or some other media outlet and sent them pics of the little fella?"

This sounds reasonable. I don't want to come off as trying to threaten them though.

It sucks it happens, but any business wouldn't want to do stuff like that on purpose. If it happens more than once, thats when you have a problem.

If it happens ONCE in a food outlet you've got a problem. NO exceptions or excuses. If it is more than just an odd shaped hunk of cheese, then it's a disgrace and totally to LC'ers detriment and shame they allowed it to be served to the public.

Get onto the department of health TJ, If it is a foreign body so to speak, then you hold all the cards. They'll sure want to talk to you if the authorities get involved. And you'll be looking at more than just a free replacement pizza.

Hail.

Archived