Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Free Agency-Trades "Guessing Game"

HRNY4ZRNY

Hankerson is not going to immediately be a #2. He has to earn it. Him and Armstrong will not start the season..

So going into the season you're suggesting our #2 is going to be either Niles Paul or Malcolm Kelly, assuming we re-sign Moss, since neither Hankerson nor Armstrong will start the season.

Believe me, Hankerson will be the #2 when the season starts. Count on it.

Hankerson is not going to immediately be a #2. He has to earn it. Him and Armstrong will not start the season.

As far as this 500 as good for a 2nd WR. Heck no. It is average at best. The Falcons are not an average team. They do need a WR who can come in and put anywhere from 800-900 yards up. Matt Ryan is doing the best as he can, but he needs weapons. Julio Jones will make a difference on that offense as far as explosiveness, but he is not ready to be counted on right away as a #2, maybe by seasons end, if he earns it.

Moss does make sense for them, even though I am pretty sure he will re-sign with us. Unless he gets a monster contract from some other team. Which in that case, good luck to him and wish him the best.

Uhh, sorry you're wrong here. There's no way Hankerson is not at worst a #4 WR to start the season. Right now our WR's consist of Moss, Armstrong, Austin, Banks & Kelly. We shouldn't even consider Moss in that group right now since he is a free agent which makes this list very sad. If Moss leaves, who the hell is our #1 WR in this group? I realize that Armstrong had a very good season last year as a #2, but if he is the defacto #1, he is not going to scare teams at ALL. Hankerson will easily be #3 or 4 WR if Moss stays, and a definite #2 if Moss decides to leave. This could all change if we add a WR free agent to the team, but I still contend that Hankerson will be a #2 or #3 WR next year. I'll bet my entire savings account on that.

1. Plaxico Burress- Philly

2. Santana Moss- Washington

3. Terrell Owens- no where

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Philly

5. Carlos Rogers- Dallas

6. Carson Palmer- Cincinnati

7. Randy Moss- NYJ

8. Vince Young- SF

9. Albert Haynesworth- Loudon County Correctional Facility

10. Donovan McNabb - Minnesota

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 04:56 PM ----------

So going into the season you're suggesting our #2 is going to be either Niles Paul or Malcolm Kelly, assuming we re-sign Moss, since neither Hankerson nor Armstrong will start the season.

Believe me, Hankerson will be the #2 when the season starts. Count on it.

1) Santonio Holmes

2) Santana Moss

3) Leonard Hankerson

4) Anthony Armstrong

5) Niles Paul

1. Plaxico Burress- Chicago Bears

2. Santana Moss- Washington Redskins

3. Terrell Owens- no where, he will not be signed.

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Houston Texans

5. Carlos Rogers- no clue

6. Carson Palmer- Retired but will be set free in 2012

7. Randy Moss- Eagles

8. Vince Young- Eagles

9. Albert Haynesworth- Titans

10. Donovan McNabb- No where, he will end up retiring.

1. Plaxico Burress- Eagles

2. Santana Moss- Redskins

3. Terrell Owens- Retires

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Bucs

5. Carlos Rogers- Cowboys (Carlos has already said he wants to play for the Cowboys - let him and Jerry circumsize mosquitoes together).

6. Carson Palmer- Dolphins

7. Randy Moss- Retires

8. Vince Young- Redskins

9. Albert Haynesworth- Redskins (doesn't get traded until the season starts).

10. Donovan McNabb- Titans (perfect vet to teach Jake Locker).

Others:

Hasselbeck to the Bengals

Derek Anderson to the Panthers

Tarvaris Jackson to the Seattle

McNabb to the Titans

Jimmy Clausen to the Cardinals

Kyle Orton to the Vikings

All of those make at least a little bit of sense. The Orton one makes a LOT of sense. So does Hasselbeck to the Bengals. Both those teams need a veteran to groom the rookie QB each team just drafted. And Anderson would maybe be a decent addition, for the simple fact that I don't think Cam Newton will be anywhere near ready to start in Week 1. Especially if training camps don't start on time. Plus it would be easy to bench Anderson once Newton becomes ready. Unlike, say, if McNabb went there.

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 02:51 AM ----------

Btw I heard that Ahmad Bradshaw's agent (Rosenhaus) has bascially stated that his client wants to go to Miami. However, Bradshaw is giving the ole "my first choice is to stay in New York" bit. Didn't realize Bradshaw was only 25.

Btw I heard that Ahmad Bradshaw's agent (Rosenhaus) has bascially stated that his client wants to go to Miami. However, Bradshaw is giving the ole "my first choice is to stay in New York" bit. Didn't realize Bradshaw was only 25.

Before ANYONE starts the thread or idea:

NO, WE DO NOT NEED TO SIGN BRADSHAW.

1. Plaxico Burress- St. Louis Rams (Deep threat, veteran player for Bradford. Spagnuolo familiarity).

2. Santana Moss- Washington Redskins (Best deal/opportunity here).

3. Terrell Owens- New England Patriots (Kind of a shot in the dark, I think Brady would like the idea of a more physical and taller WR to throw to in this spread set they run now).

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Houston Texans (Gary Kubiak knows his time is running out, and needs to upgrade the defense to stop Peyton Manning and Chris Johnson).

5. Carlos Rogers- Detroit Lions (They need secondary help, and he'll match the physical nature of the defense Jim Schwartz is building. Plus, he won't come nearly as expensive as Nnamdi would).

6. Carson Palmer- Seattle Seahawks (Pete Carrol reunites with his favorite USC QB).

7. Randy Moss- New York Jets (Will need a tall WR to replace Braylon Edwards, who I think they ultimately will release. Plus, it will be a slap in the face to the Patriots).

8. Vince Young- Buffalo Bills (Agree with others that Chan Gailey would see a Kordell Stewart type of player in VY, and could make that offense even more exciting with certain packages).

9. Albert Haynesworth- Denver Broncos (The Broncos need 4-3 defensive help badly, and AH could provide a presence in the middle of that awful defense to help them stop Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, and Ryan Mathews).

10. Donovan McNabb- Miami Dolphins or Washington Redskins. (If he ultimately does get moved, Miami makes sense because he'd likely be an immediate upgrade over Henne, who I ultimately think is done).

Some others:

Matt Hasselbeck- Tennessee Titans (Reportedly some ties between him and Titans FO. Provides the team with a veteran to give Locker time to assimilate to the NFL game).

Marc Bulger- Cincinnati Bengals (Same reasons as Hasselbeck, minus the FO connections).

Kevin Kolb - Arizona Cardinals (I agree with what others are saying. The Cardinals want this guy badly to recapture the dominance they had with Kurt Warner at QB).

Johnathan Joseph - Dallas Cowboys (They'll pull out of the Nnamdi Sweepstakes, and they'll likely cut Terrence Newman. They'll need a replacement to upgrade that horrid secondary).

All of those make at least a little bit of sense. The Orton one makes a LOT of sense. So does Hasselbeck to the Bengals. Both those teams need a veteran to groom the rookie QB each team just drafted. And Anderson would maybe be a decent addition, for the simple fact that I don't think Cam Newton will be anywhere near ready to start in Week 1. Especially if training camps don't start on time. Plus it would be easy to bench Anderson once Newton becomes ready. Unlike, say, if McNabb went there
My main criteria for matching was based on the type of offense WCO, Coryell or Erhardt-Perkins figuring scheme knowledge will be even more important because of the locked out offseason.

Before ANYONE starts the thread or idea:

NO, WE DO NOT NEED TO SIGN BRADSHAW.

Yeah, really. As James Harrison would say: "He's a fumblin' machine".

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 02:47 AM ----------

Asomugha is definitely going to the Bucs. I heard tonite that they are 59 million under the cap, and that, somehow, they would be forced to spend at least 50 million. The guy said that they would have to overpay for him. But with that much room available, they'd probably do it. That's scary, a team on the rise like that, having that much money to spend.

Others:

Derek Anderson to the Panthers

Tarvaris Jackson to the Seattle

McNabb to the Titans

Jimmy Clausen to the Cardinals

Kyle Orton to the Vikings

Of all of these, I find myself disagreeing with the McNabb and Orton scenarios.

Tennessee is going to be looking for a guy who is truly near the end of his career, knows it, and would be willing to act as a mentor and a back up to Jake Locker, who I believe will end up starting at some point this season. There's no way in hell McNabb would tolerate that kind of situation. If we do end up releasing him, he's going to go to a team who doesn't have a 1st round pick rookie they'll be itching to jump to. A team that needs a veteran QB with QBs he could beat out in a competition. I think for Tennessee, Matt Hasselbeck or Marc Bulger makes more sense.

I disagree with the Orton scenario for similar reasons. Orton is relatively young, has been putting up good numbers, and sees himself as a starting QB in the NFL. Assuming he has a choice in the matter, he's not going to want to go to a team that has a 1st round pick rookie waiting in the wings, itching to take his job like Tebow did. While I think Arizona will ultimately go after Kolb, I think they'd be best served going after Orton. Orton isn't a guy you pick up to bridge the gap between your 1st round pick QB. Orton is a guy you have on a team that has lots of talent surrounding him, with him being a guy that can make the offense go.

Asomugha is definitely going to the Bucs. I heard tonite that they are 59 million under the cap, and that, somehow, they would be forced to spend at least 50 million. The guy said that they would have to overpay for him. But with that much room available, they'd probably do it. That's scary, a team on the rise like that, having that much money to spend.

I could see that. Wouldn't be too surprised to see the Texans in the running, too. The cap floor is the thing that "makes" them spend that much. From what I've heard, the minimum cash spending has to be 89% of the $120M cap. Not sure what that math is right now, but that's the word.

2. Santana Moss- Atlanta Falcons

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Washington Redskins

8. Vince Young- Buffalo Bills

9. Albert Haynesworth- Tennessee Titans

10. Donovan McNabb- Arizona Cardinals

0-5 so far lol :applause:...

2. Santana Moss- Arizona

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Dallas

8. Vince Young- SF

9. Albert Haynesworth- Philly

10. Donovan McNabb - Minnesota

1-5 so far...

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Philly :(

8. Vince Young- Philly -- if Kolb is traded (which I honestly hope doesn't happen. He's not good, and Vick is an injury waiting to happen)

9. Albert Haynesworth- Denver

10. Donovan McNabb- Miami

3-5 so far... :thumbsup:

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Texans

8. Vince Young- Washington

9. Albert Haynesworth- Eagles

10. Donovan McNabb- Vikings

2-5...

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Unfortunately, I think Dallas

8. Vince Young- Miami

9. Albert Haynesworth- Minnesota. Sure it's a long-shot, but they play a 4-3 and he would rotate nicely into the Williams Wall in the middle

10. Donovan McNabb- Arizona

1-5...

2. Santana Moss-redskins

4. Nnamdi Asomugha-cowboys

8. Vince Young-Bills

9. Albert Haynesworth-vikings

10. Donovan McNabb-vikings

2-5...

1. Plaxico Burress- Philly

2. Santana Moss- Redskins

3. Terrell Owens- Signs in Sep with Texans

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Philly

5. Carlos Rogers- Broncos

6. Carson Palmer- 49ers

7. Randy Moss- San Diego

8. Vince Young- Miami

9. Albert Haynesworth- Redskins

10. Donovan McNabb- Vikings

3-7 assuming Palmer, Rodgers, Owens aren't done yet. Although I think Palmer might really sit out the year at this point.

1. Plaxico Burress- Calgary Stampeders

2. Santana Moss- Washington Redskins

3. Terrell Owens- Retired

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- PHI

5. Carlos Rogers- SF

6. Carson Palmer- Retired

7. Randy Moss- Retired

8. Vince Young- PHI

9. Albert Haynesworth- California Penal Institute

10. Donovan McNabb- MINN

Others: