Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TOI: Girl ends life to donate eyes to dad

China

Girl ends life to donate eyes to dad

NADIA: For days, Mumpy would listen quietly as the elders discussed how only an eye surgery could save her father's vision and a kidney transplant her brother's life. But both surgeries were beyond the family's meagre means. So, Mumpy hit upon a plan, which to her 12-year-old mind seemed the answer to all troubles. She would kill herself, which would save the dowry, too, and her organs would give her loved ones back their lives.

Mumpy did stick to her plan. But the suicide note in which she had scribbled down her wishes was found the day after she was cremated.

Click on the link for the full article

I did. Wish I hadn't. Same with all the links to the Bunnyman stuff in the other thread, wherever it was mentioned. Having an infant has made me a lot more sensitive to child death than I used to be. I'm a wuss now.

Not a wuss, just a Dad.

From the article:

"Finding herself alone at home, Mumpy consumed Thiodan, a pesticide. Then, she ran to meet her father, who was about half a kilometre away. She told him that she had dreamt that someone had poured poison into her mouth and her stomach ached. Her alarmed father took her to a local pharmacy immediately where she was given some medicines. But her condition worsened soon and she had to be rushed to the local Baranberia hospital. From there, she was referred to Anulia hospital. But the doctors declared her brought dead," Tarafdar said

Why is Thiodan (also known as Endosulfan) still in use? I thought it had been banned....

This sounds like something O. Henry would have written...if he was the biggest jerk ever. No way I'm clicking on that link. :(

My thoughts exactly. Good lord. :(

---------- Post added July-7th-2011 at 05:46 PM ----------

From the article:

Why is Thiodan (also known as Endosulfan) still in use? I thought it had been banned....

In general, we send our crappy banned products to India and sell them there.

Archived