Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: The jig is up — guys like to cuddle more

China

The jig is up — guys like to cuddle more

Men need more cuddles and kisses than women, and if that weren’t surprising enough to researchers in an international study on long-term relationships, sexual satisfaction is more important to women in long-term relationships.

Researchers interviewed 1,009 heterosexual couples in the United States, Brazil, Germany, Japan and Spain. Participants, ages 25 to 76, lived together or were married at least one year, but an average of 25 years. The study, done by the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University and published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, is the among the first to examine sexual and relationship satisfaction in middle aged and older men and women in long-term, committed relationships.

Couples in the study that frequently hugged, kissed and caressed their partners and had sex more often reported being more sexually satisfied, researchers found. Both men and women noted being happier the longer they stayed together. For women, the sex got better the longer the couple was together. Those who'd been with their partner for 15 years or more reported an increase is sexual satisfaction.

In other findings, Japanese men reported significantly (2.61 times) more sexual satisfaction in their relationships than American men, and Japanese and Brazilian women were more likely to report sexual satisfaction than American women. Generally, men were more likely to be happy if they were healthy, and their partners had orgasms.

Click on the link for the full article

Interesting for me and maybe I will get bashed for saying this. I like a nice cuddle when taking an afternoon nap, but at night I want her on the other side of the bed. Give me my space.

I agree with this. Honestly a cuddling with a chick for a nap is nice as long as shes got her legs shaved. Otherwise you'll feel like your cuddling a porcupine.:ols:

Because we cop cheap feels when we cuddle. Typically, when I'm cuddling, it always leads to sex. Of course, sometimes I go for the cuddle and get straight stiff armed by the misses. I hate it when that happens...

Cuddling is great. The only thing I hate about it is when she curls up against my back, and THEN BREATHES ON THE BACK OF MY NECK. I hate that part of it. It's just annoying.

---------- Post added July-7th-2011 at 10:34 PM ----------

After you've been hitched for a couple of years a cuddle is about all you're going to get.:ols:

Well you can't cuddle for long early in the relationship because the night will come to a premature end.

I get way too overheated when I sleep too close to a girl.

That's honestly probably my main complaint about cuddling/spooning etc.

I'd agree.

I need to have plenty of space and air around me to be able to sleep well, not only because I overheat like crazy, but also because it's hard for me to even fall asleep unless I can move around enough to make myself comfortable. The only exception is if I'm pretty drunk or so tired I'm just able to pass out for the time being. But overall, cuddling and spooning is usually a pretty good time.

I think part of the issue might be me though- nearly every girl I've ever slept with has complained in some way about how uncomfortably warm I am while sleeping. My last girlfriend was pretty sensitive to sleeping temperature (she was the type of person who, like me, couldn't sleep unless the room was fairly cool to nearly freezing), and she always used to say that I was like a furnace. Maybe I should just check my temperature at night and see what the deal is, I don't really know. I do know that whatever's going on, it works in making sure that girls give me room to sleep how I want.

Yeah, gotta agree with you Spartacus. Its probably mostly heat for me, for whatever reason I overheat really quickly especially for a smaller guy, but I also need to move around a lot to get comfortable. Plus, when you're being the big spoon that lower arm is almost impossible to get into a comfortable position.

Yeah, gotta agree with you Spartacus. Its probably mostly heat for me, for whatever reason I overheat really quickly especially for a smaller guy, but I also need to move around a lot to get comfortable. Plus, when you're being the big spoon that lower arm is almost impossible to get into a comfortable position.

I don't think you have to worry about any of this now, since you're back at home (with the parents).:movefast:

That is the worst.

What are you supposed to do with that arm? Put it under your pillow? Put it awkwardly on your shoulder? Lay it down by your side? There's nothing you can do there that won't result in the arm or hand either falling asleep, probably before you do, or just simply cramping up or getting uncomfortable.

I'm also pretty weird in that it's extremely difficult for me to fall asleep unless I'm facing away from the door in the room. I just have to be settled in that way. Doesn't matter if I'm sleeping on a bed, couch, or the floor- I can't get to sleep unless I start out with my back to where ever the door is.

Basically, while cuddling or spooning is fine by me, once it comes time for actual sleeping (and I do take my sleeping pretty seriously), all sensitivities go out the window and the only thing I can care about is whatever it takes to get right so I can sleep.

I ****ing love cuddling... Except when my arm and shoulder fall asleep... And I'm fidgety... So I'll flex my bicep or wiggle my shoulder every minute or two, with makes it uncomfortable for her... But yeah cuddling is awesome...

I love cuddling. But i get hot real quick so here wAs my solution. Put a box fan right by the bed have air roind 70 degrees amd im good. When i do cuddle girls like the fact that i keep them warm cause their cold. Thats what makes them want to be close. Fan gameplan changed it gooood.

I love cuddling. But i get hot real quick so here wAs my solution. Put a box fan right by the bed have air roind 70 degrees amd im good. When i do cuddle girls like the fact that i keep them warm cause their cold. Thats what makes them want to be close. Fan gameplan changed it gooood.

Smoooooth

Archived