Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Best Linebackers (Fletcher and Orakpo)

Painkiller

Inside Linebackers - 8. London Fletcher, Redskins: Fletcher, now 36, just keeps rolling along as one of the best at what he does. He was credited with 136 tackles last season, which is just another day at the office. He also defended 11 passes, which was better than Lewis and Urlacher.
Outside Linebacker - 6. Brian Orakpo, Redskins: Had 8.5 sacks and 56 total tackles in his first season in a 3-4 defense. Orakpo has 19.5 sacks in his first two seasons in the league, playing in two different schemes without much help from the rest of the defensive front. I wonder what his numbers would have been had Albert Haynesworth felt like playing.

Nice to see our guys getting some love. Nice to see a shot at Al.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8208afee/article/willis-harrison-highlight-list-of-nfls-best-linebackers?module=HP_cp2

So its cool having them on the list, but are we going to ignore how stupid that list really is?

Patrick Willis at #5? Ray at #1? Tamba Hali better than Clay Matthews? Jesus christ, Redskins fans lets please look outside the box...theres more to this list than just our players.

So its cool having them on the list, but are we going to ignore how stupid that list really is?

Patrick Willis at #5? Ray at #1? Tamba Hali better than Clay Matthews? Jesus christ, Redskins fans lets please look outside the box...theres more to this list than just our players.

Redskins fan named Kevin101, please read the article. The players are listed alphabetically within each group. ;)

Ahead of Woodley, NICE.

As for Ray Lewis, I don't know how he does it.

Ray Lewis has been a great player but he is getting by on reputation now IMO. He will still thump you inside the box when he can play down hill but he has trouble moving laterally, can be exposed in coverage and has trouble getting off blocks. At his age and with his mileage there is no shame in that. He is still the leader of that defense and that needs to be factored in but still there are a lot of better linebackers in the league now.

I love Rak, but saying he's gotten no help from the rest of the defensive front is kind of a slap in the face of Andre Carter considering how good Carter was Rak's first year.

The article didn't say Orakpo didn't get help from the rest of the defensive front...it said to imagine how Orakpo's numbers would be even that much better if Haynesworth bothered to actually play.

Ray Lewis has been an incredible player for a long time but Fletcher had a better 2010. Both are leaders and their stats are comparable except that Fletch had 7 more pass defenses showing his versatility in coverage.

please read the article.
The article didn't say Orakpo didn't get help from the rest of the defensive front...it said to imagine how Orakpo's numbers would be even that much better if Haynesworth bothered to actually play.
Outside Linebacker - 6. Brian Orakpo, Redskins: Had 8.5 sacks and 56 total tackles in his first season in a 3-4 defense. Orakpo has 19.5 sacks in his first two seasons in the league, playing in two different schemes without much help from the rest of the defensive front. I wonder what his numbers would have been had Albert Haynesworth felt like playing.

:ols:

:ols:

No contradiction on my end...

Silvermac said: "saying he's gotten no help from the rest of the defensive front" and said the article overlooks Carter's contributions in 2009.

I said the article didn't say that. YOU said the article didn't say that as well lol...

"without much help from the rest of the defensive front..."

"Without much help" does not = "No help".

I then went on to show that the only person the article "slapped in the face" was not Carter, but was Haynesworth.

So, yeah, I have zero problem with my post, thank you lol :cool:...

Cali... Read what I said and tell me exactly how far what I said is from whats written.

We saw what Rak's #'s could look like when we were in the 4-3 and had a 10+ sack d.e on the other side.

He took an intentional shot at fat al, yes, but it was also a slap in the face to AC.

Now hopefully Kerrigan can produce as a olb at the level AC did as a 4-3 d.e in a season or two so Rak can get back to being a 10+ sack guy himself.

Typing on a phone keyboard sucks

I can't disagree too much with Kirwan on his list, but Tamba Hali at #1 is something that makes you go "WHAT!?" and thinking that maybe Kirwan was hanging out with Rick James that night or something.

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

Why do a list in alphabetical order? Fukkin stupid.

Might as well do rankings.

Because it's easy to group them in fives, and it eliminates (to a great extent) the "why does he have player A over player B" debate.

i.e. Inside Linebackers...Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis? Some say Lewis because he's been around 15 years and is still playing like he was drafted 3 years ago. Others will say Willis because he's a lot younger (or whatever else). It's easier to say Lewis and Willis are both in the top 5.

Cali... Read what I said and tell me exactly how far what I said is from whats written.

We saw what Rak's #'s could look like when we were in the 4-3 and had a 10+ sack d.e on the other side.

He took an intentional shot at fat al, yes, but it was also a slap in the face to AC.

What you said wasn't too far from what the article said, no...but I guess when I read "not much help" I read it as Orakpo did get some help (mainly from Carter), but not enough to explain his numbers. And it might have been Orakpo's presence that helped Carter get double digit sacks in 2009 more than the other way around lol (not sure if I believe that or not, to be honest).

So I saw it as a direct slap at Haynesworth, and an indirect slap at those in the defensive front whose play was average at best...which, in my eyes, wouldn't include Carter. But more than that, I saw it as a comment about how the other players on the list benefited more from the talent in front of them than Orakpo did.

Now hopefully Kerrigan can produce as a olb at the level AC did as a 4-3 d.e in a season or two so Rak can get back to being a 10+ sack guy himself.

Typing on a phone keyboard sucks

Typing on a phone keyboard DOES suck eggs :ols:...takes 30 minutes to type out a 2 sentence post. :mad:

---------- Post added July-3rd-2011 at 08:44 PM ----------

Why do a list in alphabetical order? ****** stupid.

Might as well do rankings.

You might wanna edit your post to avoid circumventing the profanity filter :yes:...

Archived