Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

REDSKINS - EAGLES games

footballfan1075

I have a collection of Redskins games on dvd. A total of 80 games from 1977-2010. I have 20 more being mailed to me, and should be here this week. My favorite match up is the ever so entertaining Redskins - Eagles. Living here in phila is always a treat to watch these 2 teams face eachother twice a year. Win or lose, its always a fun match up. My second favorite is against the Cowboys,

All thoughts should be threads. :silly:

footballfan - on a serious note, just as an FYI before a certain storm comes your way, you really want to read the rules before starting threads. Just figured I'd give you a softer heads up than most considering this is only your 12th post, but having been a member since 11/05, I'm guessing you've seen something of the sort before.

Hail.

I see where you're going with this thread. You'll probably catch a little less flack if you end you post with a thought provoking question such as "How many others of you collect gamefilm against a certain opponent and live to watch the rivalry unfold each year?"

Great question Footballfan! I don't collect any particular opponent gamefilm, although I do love to watch games from our dynasty days. Back then, I expected us to win convincingly every single week. How I long for those days

I disagree that the Redskins and Eagles play the best games. It depends on what era you're talking about.

The Eagels and Skins in the early to mid 80's did not play great games at all. I much prefer the Skins/Cowboys or Skins/Giants or even Skins/Cards. I'd rank Skins/Eagles last during this era of the NFC East (though the 82 opener stands out).

Starting in the late 80's until the mid 90's, I'd agree that the Skins/Eagles played some great games. So did the Skins/Giants but unfortunately we lost most of them.

But since the late 90's the Skins/Eagles have not been anything special. At least to me anyway. I think the last series of "classic games" between the Skins and an opponent was against Tampa Bay in the late 90's to mid 2000's.

I think the last series of "classic games" between the Skins and an opponent was against Tampa Bay in the late 90's to mid 2000's.

Hmmm...that's a good point and probably very accurate.

We've had a running thread of competitive games with Dallas during that time too though:

1999 season opener (Dallas won on an Aikman-to-Ismail OT TD)

2001 MNF (Dallas won after a fumble running out the clock)

2004 Christmas week game (Dallas won on a last-second TD to Crayton)

2005 Midnight Miracle (Skins won with 2 Brunell-to-Moss TDs in the final minutes)

2006 blocked FG game (Skins won with no time on the clock)

2008 late-season game (Dallas won on a 4th quarter TD)

2009 (Dallas won on a late TD)

2010 opening night (Skins won on the final play)

We've had a running thread of competitive games with Dallas during that time too though:

2005 Midnight Miracle (Skins won with 2 Brunell-to-Moss TDs in the final minutes)

Also, the 26-24 win we had in September '08........in our last game ever at Texas Stadium

Close but not necessarily well played games.

The 2001 game you referred to was dubbed "The Toilet Bowl" going into the game and the game itself lived up to that title.

2004 was also not a particularly good game from a quality of play standpoint.

2005 MNF game was a horrible game up until last 5 min or so. Great end no doubt but the quality, especially from us, was weak.

2006 to present day you listed were all pretty meaningless. Though some had dramatic endings, the games meant little and the play prior to the dramatic end was weak.

But I do admit that I am so down on the Redskins recently that it likely is just my own personal bias that makes me view those Cowboy games in a lesser light than even say the 1998 game against Tampa or the 2004 opener.

Did you get express written consent from the NFL, it's clubs, and the networks to reproduce those games? I recall a Simpsons episode where Homer taped a MLB game and he only had oral implied consent. It did not go well for Homer.

Close but not necessarily well played games.

The 2001 game you referred to was dubbed "The Toilet Bowl" going into the game and the game itself lived up to that title.

2004 was also not a particularly good game from a quality of play standpoint.

2005 MNF game was a horrible game up until last 5 min or so. Great end no doubt but the quality, especially from us, was weak.

2006 to present day you listed were all pretty meaningless. Though some had dramatic endings, the games meant little and the play prior to the dramatic end was weak.

But I do admit that I am so down on the Redskins recently that it likely is just my own personal bias that makes me view those Cowboy games in a lesser light than even say the 1998 game against Tampa or the 2004 opener.

Well, I'm sure re-watching some "classic" games from the 1980s would probably show that they weren't all well-played. Though, you do have a point that most of the games I've mentioned were relatively meaningless.

---------- Post added June-29th-2011 at 01:43 PM ----------

Other than the Super Bowls and NFCC games my favorite Redskkins win, by far, was when the Good Guys led by Coach Gibbs upset the Punks led by Buddy Ryan, in the playoffs. Buddy lost his job and the Eagles were forced to shut their collective mouths. .

That was a great revenge game!

Archived