Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting rid of fruit flies

fullnelson9999

So my room is infested with fruit flies. I have no idea why. My room is clean, my window is closed, and there is no food lying around for them. It's very odd.

I cannot take it anymore. They're driving me crazy. I've tried tons of stuff on the internet, as well as a few of my own ideas, and I can't get rid of them. Does anyone out there have a method that works?

I'm desperate.

Get some All Purpose cleaner and start spraying down all tabletops and chairs. Wipe clean and see what it does. Also good to spread carpet deodorizer around carpets 15 minutes before vacuuming. Put bleach or ammonia in your trash cans and fill with HOT water, let them sit for 15 minutes and dump them out. Do a large round of basic cleaning (dishes, laundry), put a little extra soap in your laundry, clean your bed sheets. If none of that works, I recommend taking a shower.

Well you have them because there is rotting fruit somewhere or food. You need to find it. But what I've done is open a bottle of white vinegar. They are attracted to it. Will fly into it and die. Just put a few bowls of it out. Should help out.

1. Find source in yoru room and get rid of it

2. plastic cup

3. Place red wine/vinegar or some fruit in the bottom

4. cover with saran wrap

5. poke a few small holes in the saran with a fork

6. Flies will get in but cant get out

Destroy cup once the files pile up...rinse and repeat as necessary.

Archived