Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IP: The wrong John Wayne (Rep. Michele Bachmann messes up in Iowa).

JMS

PIck the hotter accused murderer  

52 members have voted

1. 1. PIck the hotter accused murderer

[/color]Just heard Bachman respond to the John Wayne gaffeand what she said was perfect. She said "I made a mistake. I'm only human. I'll try my best not to make any more mistakes." (paraphrased)

Simple, concise, fair, and reasonable... basically, what we all say when we're caught with an innocent goof.

It seemed like she was saying that for all the things she has said that politifact has called her out on

I think this stuff is so minor compared to her and her husband suckling from the government subside/welfare teet while bashing it. I think she's hot now, but its going to be hard to explain how she didn't profit, but did....but that money went to her mother in law, which is confusing because wouldn't that show up on your taxes if its over a certain amount?

Shadytown, USA

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=CE240F83-9F05-9A4D-10DBBDB53C32AFC1

Bachmann's farm income, according to Bachmann's disclosures

By: Maggie Haberman

June 26, 2011 06:49 PM EDT

The Los Angeles times did a lengthy takeout on Michele Bachmann's income from government and farm subsidies, a piece that prompted questions from Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace during the congresswoman's announcement-eve appearance today.

Bachmann insisted that the family farm in question never profited her direct family.

"Number two, regarding the farm, the farm is my father-in-law's farm. It's not my husband and my farm. It's my father-in-law's farm. And my husband and I have never gotten a penny of money from the farm," Bachmann said.

But her financial disclosures in 2009 and 2010 show her getting between $15,000 and $50,000 from the Bachmann Family Farm LP.

The farm got north of $250,000 in government subsidies, according to reports.

To Bachmann's fans, such questions likely won't matter. But such moments easily become fare for a rival's ads.

UPDATE: "I have answered reporter inquiries before about Rep Bachmann and farm subsidies. The farm has belonged to her in-laws and has been operated by them. They made all decisions concerning subsidies. Rep. Bachmann and her husband have not received any financial benefit from the farm."

A senior Bachmann adviser said the farm was put into a trust to allow for succession years ago, and that despite her being "formally listed as a beneficiary from the farm," that income goes to her mother-in-law.

Archived