Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: July 28 is target date for the start of Redskins’ camp

authentic

click for the rest

General manager Bruce Allen said last week the team is planning to begin training camp 15 days before its scheduled preseason opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Aug. 12. That’s as early as the recently expired collective bargaining agreement allows.

A separate source familiar with the situation confirmed that July 28 is the target date to start camp.

the only concern i have about starting camp 15 days before the first preseason game is injury... we have no idea what shape the players are in, and to throw them on the field live after 2 weeks of practice may be an issue.

Boy, that Rams/Bears HOF game is going to be crap since it's already taken this long and they haven't truly practiced. London Fletcher himself said that those player-only minicamps help but they are not even close to the coaches instruction training and practice

well of course they aren't.

they're missing quite a few things. one of which is whatever changes the coaching staff wanted to make this year in terms of position/playbook.

that alone will have a huge impact.

add in the lack of true authority, evaluation, and practice... yeah, they're not even close.

i'm only happy they're doing it because it says (to me at least) that there are at least ~30 guys on that team that actaully give a ****. going over the last 15 years, that was a big problem for me. means nothing in terms of wins/losses. just makes me feel like i'm finally cheering for something besides overpaid atheletes...

I think we'll hear something big this weekend to capitalize on the holiday. There's too much money to be lost by losing games, That's the major thing!

yeah, i think this weekend will be big. I've also read that the Bears' and Rams' TC are scheduled to start 3 weeks from friday to start preparing for the HOF game. Time is getting real tight.

well, thats not true at all.

if they announce it on Monday, they'll be the only story talked about

holiday weekends are notoriously slow news days. so if they have something positive to announce, that monday will be the best day to do it between now and september

Next Monday is July 4

No way they announce. No one is watching news.

Lets just hope they have a announcement

I'm aware... thats why i said that. it's like you didn't read my post at all.

holiday weekend is a prime time to make an announcement. you are the only thing anyone has to talk about...

of course you have to have an announcement in the first place...

the only concern i have about starting camp 15 days before the first preseason game is injury... we have no idea what shape the players are in, and to throw them on the field live after 2 weeks of practice may be an issue.

Honestly, that's the players fault. Everyone knows this situation. WE the fans know this situation, the players obviously are very aware that they're missing work due to a lockout and therefore must train on their own time. If you're not in shape, you honestly don't deserve your job.

Honestly, that's the players fault. Everyone knows this situation. WE the fans know this situation, the players obviously are very aware that they're missing work due to a lockout and therefore must train on their own time. If you're not in shape, you honestly don't deserve your job.

oh, i agree.

that still doesn't change the fact that there could be significantly more injuries (in preseason no less) due to it.

not really interested in pining blame on anyone, just what the outcome will be

Archived