Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Way-Back Machine...

Califan007

If you recognize any of these as your posts, speak up. :thumbsup:

I'm a huge Haslett fan. He's a Sig Ep from IUP (me too) and it's cool that have someone from your chapter do so well.

Anyway, that team just had some bad bad luck last night.

Remember last week a lot of people said that the bears didn't win, we just lost. Well, with all those turnovers last night, it was kinda the other way around. We have great field position a lot and took care of it. We didn't run the length of the field all those times.

Good win but we got a long way to go.

He's a solid coach and it's too bad. You should see how saint fans are already calling for his head so shortly after being enamored with him...

Well, that's certainly a boost heading into the final week and offseason for this team. As Kornheiser wrote in the post, if Marty finishes the year 7-4 he's probably coming back. He's guaranteed that now.

I'll never understand why so many Skins fans keep wanting the Boys to lose after the Skins fall to the Boys, like they're simply living out of vengeance.

Thnk about it : If the Boys go on to do well and win against some good teams after they beat us, then it takes away SOME of the sting of being swept by them, because it somewhat validates that they possessed a fairly decent team when they spanked us.

However, if the Boys sweep us, and then go on to lose most of their games, and lose to some awful teams, it makes OUR losses to them THAT MUCH MORE embarrassing.

Pride for my OWN team is far more important than hatred for ANOTHER team.

"Things that would freak you out":

* Rock Cartwright wins the 3rd down job in camp and then the starting job 4 weeks into the season when Davis exhibits chronic butterfingers holding onto the ball and catching it.
Gibbs comes out of Retirement to coach against Fun N Gun
Vindication for Danny Snyder.

Campo seems to be relaxed about his future.

He's joked that he could be in for a big payday Monday, referring to the two years left on his contract, and he said Thursday on a local radio show: ``I'd be nervous if I was the Washington Redskins because if they don't win this week, with all the distractions we've had, they may never beat the Cowboys.''

when they trade Champ i will be happy as anything just hope we get a good pick for him.

TOP FIVE PROSPECTS BY POSITION - Mel Kiper, Jr.

Quarterback

1. Eli Manning, Ole Miss, top five overall

2. J.P. Losman, Tulane, late first-early second round

3. Philip Rivers, NC State, second round

4. Matt Schaub, Virginia, third-fourth round

5. Jason White, Oklahoma, third-fourth round

Tight End

1. Ben Troupe, Florida, first round

2. Ben Watson, Georgia, second-third round

3. Ben Hartsock, Ohio State, third-fourth round

4. Chris Cooley, Utah State, third-fourth round -- An outstanding pass catcher out of the H-back position, he averaged 11.8 yards on his 62 catches and scored six touchdowns. Also has tremendous body control.

5. Ronnie Ghent, Louisville, fourth-fifth round

Safety

1. Stuart Schweigert, Purdue, first-second round

2. Bob Sanders, Iowa, second or third round

3. Will Allen, Ohio State, second-third round

4. J.R. Reed, South Florida, third-fourth round

5. Rashad Washington, Kansas St., third-fourth round

I am curious of Spurrier in his contract that he can make Snyder hire a GM, it sounds like he isn't happy with the personel he has gotten. He said we will know everything in 2 weeks, and they are already planning for the offseason.

He kept saying we need to fix the team, it sounded like someone who is dedicated to fixing this. This is the first time I have heard him talk about the future of the team and it sounds like he will be here.

I think every one needs to get over it, Spurrier WILL be next years coach, like it or not. He's learning, and adjusting his system. SS wasn't the one throwing INT, or fumbling.

Maybe SS does suck, I really don't know, maybe it's tim's fault. But that doesn't matter, cause he WILL be the coach next year. Besides, I'm just tired of getting a new coach every year.

We are missing a vital piece to the puzzle that is a successful football franchise, and that is a GM of football operations.

After two years of Spurrier sparking little to NO improvement, is this enough for Snyder to swallow his ****ing pride and just hire a damn GM already?

I am coming around to think Cerrato is bad blood, and the Skins need a quality personell guy who is on the same page with Spurrier. No personal agenda's and has the respect and balls so that Spurrier will listen to him when needed.

TOP FIVE PROSPECTS BY POSITION - Mel Kiper, Jr.

Quarterback

1. Eli Manning, Ole Miss, top five overall

2. J.P. Losman, Tulane, late first-early second round

3. Philip Rivers, NC State, second round

4. Matt Schaub, Virginia, third-fourth round

5. Jason White, Oklahoma, third-fourth round

Tight End

1. Ben Troupe, Florida, first round

2. Ben Watson, Georgia, second-third round

3. Ben Hartsock, Ohio State, third-fourth round

4. Chris Cooley, Utah State, third-fourth round -- An outstanding pass catcher out of the H-back position, he averaged 11.8 yards on his 62 catches and scored six touchdowns. Also has tremendous body control.

5. Ronnie Ghent, Louisville, fourth-fifth round

Safety

1. Stuart Schweigert, Purdue, first-second round

2. Bob Sanders, Iowa, second or third round

3. Will Allen, Ohio State, second-third round

4. J.R. Reed, South Florida, third-fourth round

5. Rashad Washington, Kansas St., third-fourth round

I this for real?There is at least one top prospect missing from each group: QB and no Big Ben...TE and no Winslow....Safety and no Sean Taylor along with others...

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 10:14 PM ----------

Well, that's certainly a boost heading into the final week and offseason for this team. As Kornheiser wrote in the post, if Marty finishes the year 7-4 he's probably coming back. He's guaranteed that now.
Oh how I wish we had kept Marty for the duration of his contract! Imagine how different history would have been.....Damn you Spurrior

I this for real?There is at least one top prospect missing from each group: QB and no Big Ben...TE and no Winslow....Safety and no Sean Taylor along with others...

Kiper was stubborn for years and refused to put non seniors in his rankings until they officially declared. I assume this post reflects that

I'm relieved to say with almost certain conviction I am most assuredly NOT guilty on any of those. :whew:

I'll never understand why so many Skins fans keep wanting the Boys to lose after the Skins fall to the Boys, like they're simply living out of vengeance.

Thnk about it : If the Boys go on to do well and win against some good teams after they beat us, then it takes away SOME of the sting of being swept by them, because it somewhat validates that they possessed a fairly decent team when they spanked us.

However, if the Boys sweep us, and then go on to lose most of their games, and lose to some awful teams, it makes OUR losses to them THAT MUCH MORE embarrassing.

Pride for my OWN team is far more important than hatred for ANOTHER team.

:yikes: :rubeyes: Really? I get the premise of Redskins first, that goes without saying. But not wanting anything but Dallas to lose every game? SERIOUSLY?

I'd love to see someone own up to that gem. :doh: :slap: :slap: and a :nutkick: just because.

Hail.

Archived