Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Facebook Question - For those very familiar with it

Riggins77

If you put someone on your block list that you had previous contact with but aren't really friends anymore, will that delete any coorespondence you had with them (messages, instant messages) that was saved on their account as well?

Or will it simply take your name and picture out of the messages and leave the actual content?

I had a friend block me and some other friends after they had a falling out with a common friend they worked with. She had given me some info for dance lessons for my daughter and I want to say that after she blocked us, it only had the message and her picture and name were removed. But that was so long ago I cant remember. Anyone confirm if thats what happens?

I blocked an ex-girlfriend and all the messages between us were still saved in my inbox. She just had no picture for her profile. I don't know about the instant messages on facebook. Do those even save?

So short answer, is if they are in your inbox or outbox they will be saved, regardless of the block.

I blocked an ex-girlfriend and all the messages between us were still saved in my inbox. She just had no picture for her profile. I don't know about the instant messages on facebook. Do those even save?

So short answer, is if they are in your inbox or outbox they will be saved, regardless of the block.

Did it remove her name too? And just leave the message with her picture as a questionmark?

Did it remove her name too? And just leave the message with her picture as a questionmark?

I am not sure. I don't remembe that far back. I think I saw them still there one day and just deleted them, but they did save after the block.

My cousin recently removed all of the family as friends. Messages on my wall from her disappeared as did message I had written on hers (also shown under me as I was author). Because there was no note saying she was no longer friends, it took me a couple of weeks to realize.

My cousin recently removed all of the family as friends. Messages on my wall from her disappeared as did message I had written on hers (also shown under me as I was author). Because there was no note saying she was no longer friends, it took me a couple of weeks to realize.

I am not sure if he was talking about wall post. I think he was talking more about the email system in facebook.

Archived