Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo's Rag - Washington DJ hints at possible rift between Shanahan and Redskins owner Dan Snyder

robotfire

Where's the source meter when you need it: D? Besides the fact that Synder coveted Shanny for years if Synder did fire Shanny who the hell else could he find to replace him? Jim Zorn? Greg Blache? Jerry Gray? Steve Jackson? NO ONE would want to be associated with this organization ,our fanbase would go absolutely nuts. Unlike some among us I believe that Synder has changed and knows he did not hand Shanny / Allen a superbowl contention roster filled with young , talened, hard working players. It's going to take time to get back where we want to be.

Here's what I believe.

Danny probably was frustrated with Shanny last year. Cerrato was telling him that he had a team not only ready to compete, but ready to really win and I bet Snyder partly believed it. Shanahan probably also asserted that he could find a way to win and making the big trade for McNabb was a statement that they planed on winning while rebuilding. Well, last year would test anyone's patience. The offense was anemic. The defense was God awful. Even worse, the most expensive player on the team was not only not contributing, but throwing a temper tantrum. At least we had a nice return game. Who wouldn't be frustrated with Shanny last year. Last year was frustrating. Worse than frustrating.

When the dust settled and they began reviewing the roster and what they really had I think everyone calmed down. We showed life at the end of the year. We actually competed well and began to win once we sat our "stars" That's hopeful, but more, it's telling. Cerrato's playoff team was full of duds. So, here comes the draft... who knows if it will pan out, but they worked that draft expertly to accumulate picks and got a bunch of solid citizen players who look nice on paper. Snyder said he was very impressed watching Allen's war room. He expanded and said how different it was.

Now, if Shanny has two crap years in a row you very well may hear a bell tolling. Coaches don't get a very long leash these days, but I expect esp. with the lockout that Shanny gets at least three years and that talk of frustration had much more to do with losing and how they lost than it did with Shanny not willing to do the marketing stuff.

Sounds like bull, but it's hard to discount anything when it comes to Daniel Snyder.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I don't think (or more like: hope) Daniel Snyder is as horrible as everyone says he is, and wouldnt think he would be that much of a ********, when all the reports where he SIGNED Shanahan for the sole purpose of having someone else in charge who doesn't have to "kiss his ass". I really believe this is just the media trying to stir up more drama since Haynesworth hasn't broken any laws lately.

Here's what I believe.

Danny probably was frustrated with Shanny last year. Cerrato was telling him that he had a team not only ready to compete, but ready to really win and I bet Snyder partly believed it. Shanahan probably also asserted that he could find a way to win and making the big trade for McNabb was a statement that they planed on winning while rebuilding. Well, last year would test anyone's patience. The offense was anemic. The defense was God awful. Even worse, the most expensive player on the team was not only not contributing, but throwing a temper tantrum. At least we had a nice return game. Who wouldn't be frustrated with Shanny last year. Last year was frustrating. Worse than frustrating.

When the dust settled and they began reviewing the roster and what they really had I think everyone calmed down. We showed life at the end of the year. We actually competed well and began to win once we sat our "stars" That's hopeful, but more, it's telling. Cerrato's playoff team was full of duds. So, here comes the draft... who knows if it will pan out, but they worked that draft expertly to accumulate picks and got a bunch of solid citizen players who look nice on paper. Snyder said he was very impressed watching Allen's war room. He expanded and said how different it was.

Now, if Shanny has two crap years in a row you very well may hear a bell tolling. Coaches don't get a very long leash these days, but I expect esp. with the lockout that Shanny gets at least three years and that talk of frustration had much more to do with losing and how they lost than it did with Shanny not willing to do the marketing stuff.

I probably will jump on the Snyder is a horrible owner bandwagon with everyone else if he fires Shanahan after two years. Unless we have like an abysmal record (0-4 wins) Shanahan & CO. should at least get 3 years, I believe most coaches should get at least 3 years, unless you have shown in every way that your inept at coaching (ie. Zorn).

Well we all wanted DS to go in a different direction. For all the years of ass kissing I think I have a new found respect for MS for being a coach who does not and hopefully is telling DS like it is. Let Allen be the ass kissing go between.

But.... MS was supposed to be DS's best friend remember so I don't buy it.

If the Redskins lose, this wouldn't be surprising. In the Dan Snyder change threads I said it's too early. Let Shanny finish his original contract. If Skins stink it up this year and draft a QB and stink it up next year during that QB's growing pains; will Snyder be as patient.

At the moment I say there is no rift but that can easily change.

Am far from a big Snyder guy but from the interviews I've seen him do and read, he seems to be in the tank for this regime, Shanny included. I recall not that long ago him touting how shanny handled the draft alluding to it being distinctly better than Cerrato's approach and he said we will all see that it was a great draft years from now. He doesn't quite sound like someone who is privately fuming about Shanny. I could be wrong here of course. But in converse you could get the hint based on him not giving a public endorsement of approval of Zorn while Cerrato was clearly interfering with that regime, that he wasn't very happy back then. So am not so sure if he's a wiz at keeping his emotions bottled up publicly.

And as for Shanny, 3 radio guys seem to be relentlessly negative on him: Lavar, B. Mitchell, and Czaben. They treat him like he's a combination of being a bad guy and incompetent. And they rarely move off of that path so this would be consistent with Lavar. I think Lavar actually likes Snyder better than Shanny these days. The one kudos Lavar has given Shanny that I noticed ironically was how he handled this last draft.

This is straight up garbage. Give me a radio show and I'll stir up all kinds of nonsense about crap I know nothing about. But hey if people buy it then it's whatever, right? LMAO.

I will say that if Snyder feels like he needs to fire Shanahan, or any coach thereafter, he needs to step down with them because that only says he has failed to bring someone in who can lead this team. I do not see Shanahan being fired even if we have 3 straight losing seasons. Losing or not, we will have taken 5 steps backwards if we fired our front office.... especially for not "sucking up." Such bologna that a news outlet would expect us to believe that a professional organization is capable of that.

Can't say whether it's true or not.

But I know if I had just paid a player $21 mil bonus + his $3.6 mil salary last season, and the coach couldn't motivate him to perform I'd be pretty perturbed. Not to mention the fact that it's sounding like we're heading into this season with a journeyman backup QB who could potentially be starting, when we recently guaranteed a QB (we now don't even want) $3.75 mil in addition to paying his '10 season salary of $11.2 mil. And we know that Snyder makes enough revenue to cover these losses, but it's the fact that the coach is making personnel mistakes that are immediately manifesting themselves.

If we have another season like last, and Shanahan gets canned, I don't think Snyder holds much accountability, except for the fact that he gave his coach entirely too much power. If this doesn't work out, he needs to either delegate Allen more personnel power and accountability, or hire a more strong willed GM, in addition to a coach whose reputation isn't currently isn't comprised of resting on his past laurels.

I'll believe it when Snyder fires him and brings Vinny back. Until then, utter BS and speculation. But since this is the official MB of the Redskins and every media head and the team on occasion reads these threads let me give Mr. Snyder a stern warning: Firing Shanahan/Allen before he has time to rebuild after years of poor decisions and multiple coaches would be probably the final straw with many STHers and fans of this franchise. Skins appear to finally be going in the right direction...don't blow it.

I have no doubt that Dan isn't happy with how things have been going. AH is a huge $100 million POS, we made some poor trades last off season, and the record doesn't look like it's going to improve by much (if at all) this year.

However, I seriously doubt Dan Snyder has lost his interest in keeping Shanahan and Allen as the FO. I remember reading several articles where Dan admitted that firing Marty was the biggest mistake of his time as Owner, and another where Marty says Dan called him and admitted as much.

The funny thing is, the media continuously brings up "source" after "source" that states things are constantly going wrong at Redskins Park, but you read interviews of people who've actually been in the situation, and are pretty candid, and they nearly unanimously say Dan Snyder is NOT the problem, that Vinny was the issue nearly the entire time. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/marty-schottenheimer-on-cerrato-snyder-and-shanahan/2011/03/24/AB0EmeOB_blog.html

I would not be shocked to find out that Vinny "Wormtongue" Cerrato is this mystery "source" that they continously pull out of their ***** even though he has no connection with the organization anymore. Face it, it's the kind of **** we could ALL see Vinny doing.

That interview with Marty is a great example. He said Dan wasn't the problem, it was Vinny (though he doesn't name him, but anyone that paid any attention during his time as coach knows who he's talking about).

Here's another article that I found, telling everyone to "get off Snyder's back", basically. The guy hasn't been a great owner, but I'll take Snyder right now rather than Snyder in 2000. He HAS grown up a little.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-washington-dc/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-made-mistakes-but-media-fans-should-stop-piling-on

I'm no Snyder apologist, but this is an interesting read. Here's a sample:

It’s time for members of the D.C. sports media and fans to stop piling on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder just because he’s an easy target. Snyder hasn’t been a great owner over the last decade-plus, and in fact he has made some of the same mistakes over and over by signing free agents who didn’t work out. Some of his marketing tactics have been questionable, and it turns out that Snyder may not be the nicest guy in the world. Oh, and the organization has been dysfunctional without much continuity. Ok, we get it. How many more ways can this be said?

Sports writers, bloggers, sports radio “personalities” and fans need to get a life and think of something new to complain about. Bashing Snyder is uninteresting to read about and even more boring and unoriginal to listen to on the radio. People whose full-time jobs involve covering sports should be able to come up with something more than Snyder-bashing. How about some actual analysis of Redskins players, schemes, and specific ideas for improvement?

. . .

So, to sports writers, sports radio chatterers, bloggers and fans: enough is enough. It is unbelievably boring to say the same things over and over again. If you have something new, let’s hear it.

But writing about what’s wrong with Snyder’s lawsuit or encouraging people to “chime in” on how they feel about Snyder ad nauseam gets old. The criticism becomes as lackluster and mind-numbing as the parrots and sycophants who call in to sports radio to “hang up and listen to your answer,” or the readers who comment on articles and make profound statements such as “Snyder is a bad owner and a terrible guy.”

i love listening to the junkies.

but they are not journalists, and have no journalistic integrety. if they have this right they'll jump up and down about being the first to break it. if they have it wrong they'll just never bring it up again, and say 'oh well, its what we were told' if asked about it.

so... pardon me if i don't give a crap about a story one of the junkies breaks on twitter... odds are it's not true in any sense

if he were to say snyder didn't like the way some things have gone since shanahan got here, that'd be beleivable, and honestly understandable.

I heard from a guy that knows someone who works for Snyder's water cooler company that Snyder doesn't like his water too cold, because it makes his teeth hurt.

Really, it's true. Snyder has sensitive teeth!

I'm no Snyder apologist, but this is an interesting read. Here's a sample:

that author seems to be talking about lavar and dukes, mainly.

i'm no snyder apologist either. but i cant listen to their show anymore. its gotten that bad.

Archived