Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we go after Osi Umenyiora when the league officially begins?

timdaley73

He's a fantastic player, team leader, and not too old. He also wants (and deserves) top-5 DE money, does not fit the scheme, has an injury history, and is not too young.

If we were further on in our rebuilding (retooling, whatever) process and still running a 4-3, then I'd say take a long look at him. But that's not the case.

It woudn't hurt, but we need a star WR big time. I was watching the last seasons Cowboys game, there is no question Rex should be the starter, what a game. Those two point conversions were amazing. Great chemistry.

No because he doesn't fit the system we run. He is best in the 4-3 defensive scheme where he can attack the QB at DE. He has been the beneficiary of a very good D-Line that fress him up for one-on-one match ups that better suit his abilities. In a 3-4 he would have to shed blocks and play the run more and he is a little light in the rear end for that. So no PASS!

If we're a smart team we don't. Paying big money to 30 year olds, more often than not, is a losing bet because in years 3, 4 and on their impact almost never matches their salary. When you sign a highly productive player at the height of his career the only place to go is down. This is exactly the kind of move we've always made and smart teams rarely make.

Hell NO!! I've been let down one time too many regarding big name free agents Jason Taylor,Painsworth,Mc5 just in the past 3 years. I'd rather develop the talent we already have on our roster and build through the draft. Since all the players only want to come to D.C for the paycheck, as awesome as Osi is let him work it out with the Giants or he can go to St. Louis with Spags.

This man speaks the truth. We need to stop targeting big names from other teams, and create our own.

If we had a 4-3 HELL YEAH! Unfortunately we would be spending too much money on someone who doesn't fit our scheme. We have Orakpo and just drafted Kerrigan for our OLB pass rushers, and he is not a 3-4 DE.

No, no, no.

You are the future fanbase of this organization. Please tell me this isn't the attitude and perspective that you guys have! :(

Just say no. Reasons (most of which already stated)

1. Expensive

2. Older

3. Doesn't fit

4. He's a Giant. We have had success bringing in NFC East players and having them be succesful.

5. The 'skins need to re-build. Get younger for a longer run. Osi doesn't fit that mold.

6. Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

7. Once a Giant, always a Giant.

8. Already added enough pieces to the defense. Let's see what happens with who they've got before deciding where to spend money next year.

9. CB is currently an open question. You might have to throw some money at that position, and there won't be enough money left over for Osi.

10. I cant' think of a 10th. But Just say No.

Archived