Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Conventional Wisdom Do You Not Buy Into?

Califan007

And why?...

For example (and not saying this is my thinking...it's just an example):

Conventional wisdom says: Global warming and the associated dangers are real and human activity has caused/will cause most of the damage, we're screwed if we don't start acting now.

Why you don't buy into it: Natural warming/cooling cycles, faulty computer models, solar flares, political hacks manipulating the data, "follow the money", etc, yadda yadda.

What conventional wisdom are you just not buying into...and why?

the idea that we need the rich to be SO rich, and that they deserve all they can grub up because without them, we'd have no jobs or industry.

the other conventional wisdom I flat don't buy into is that eventually America will get better.

It won't.

~Bang

That Dallas are Americas team.

"There not even Texas' team"- The Houston TEXANS.

Times a great healer ..... It isn't. It just prolongs the suffering.

There's no pain like child birth ..... really. Then why keep putting yourself through it. Some dude kicks me between the legs, I aren't getting up asking for seconds.

Hail.

"If you have pain take pain medication." I only take ibuprofen about 3 times a year and only when I'm running a high fever will I touch acetaminophen... I feel like you can build an immunity to drugs if you take it "whenever"...

That there is truly a fundamental, discernable, difference between Republicans and Democrats. There may be some philosophical divide but that's about it, at the end of the day they all just want another term in office so they can drain the teat of workers.

Archived