Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports - Eagles Eagerly Anticipate Start of FA (AH related)

Champskins

Given that Washburn has a close relationship with Haynesworth, who starred for the Tennessee Titans before signing a massive free-agent deal with the Redskins prior to the ’09 season, it’s not hard to connect the dots and envision the Eagles – who crave an impact defensive lineman – making a run at the unhappy player’s services.

After Mike Shanahan was hired as the Redskins’ coach following the ’09 season, Haynesworth, upset over a switch to a 3-4 base defense, clashed with his new boss, and the bad feelings persisted during Washington’s disappointing 2010 campaign. Haynesworth was suspended the final four games for conduct detrimental to the team, and it’s hard to imagine him returning in 2011. Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said in a recent interview with St. Louis’ 101 ESPN that Haynesworth “didn’t want to do the things we wanted. … It got to the point where he said, ‘I don’t want to play first- and second-down nickel. I just want to play third-down nickel.’ Oh my God, you’re relegating yourself to 10-15 snaps a game. Then after that he didn’t want to do the blitzes, he just wanted to rush.”

A source close to Haynesworth said the defensive tackle was “very, very [angry]” over Haslett’s comments and disputes their accuracy, hardening his desire to play elsewhere.

“When we left him he was suspended, so obviously it didn’t finish in a party at the end of the season,” Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said Tuesday. “Last [offseason], we had several dialogues with his representative outlining and trying to project how the season would go and what different roles he might play. Obviously, it didn’t work out, for him or for us. We’ll have that same dialogue once we have a new CBA.

“Albert has been quite frank with me this entire time. I’m sure he will be once again. I’ve never had a problem with him being honest with me.”

While Allen sounds as though he hasn’t given up on Haynesworth – “When the Redskins signed him he was a dominant football player in this league, and there’s no reason to believe he can’t be again” – trading or even releasing the disgruntled defensive tackle may prove to be the team’s best option. During last season, Tennessee made a run at reacquiring Haynesworth but was rebuffed after offering only a fourth-round draft choice. It’s believed that the Titans, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Eagles would be the teams most interested in Haynesworth.

“[Washburn] is convinced he can get the most out of Haynesworth,” the Eagles source said. “He wants him badly.”

Said Roseman: “We have gone through every player with every possible scenario, but it’s hard to project with guys who are still under contract with teams how it’s going to play out: When are they going to come free, if at all? What’s the [salary] cap going to be? Have we already given that money to other players by the time he does come free?”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_eagles_eagerly_anticipate_start_of_free_agency_061511

As if playing the Eagles for the second time last year wasn't bad enough... he would make it a point to destroy our o-line. Rabach is not holding back AH! I see similar things happening around the NFCEast though. I see Quintin Mikel going from the Eagles to the Cowboys. Plaxico going to the Eagles, technically from the Giants. Possibly AH to the Eagles? Spears to the Redskins from the Cowboys?

Great. If they want him so bad they can give us a decent pick in return. If not, take a hike.

Exactly. I know we won't get it, but if I'm Shanahan, I'm demanding a similar deal to what we got for McNabb. That or nothing. I also doubt that the FO is eager to deal with the Philly FO after we had our asses handed to us in the McNabb deal.

I would rather, keep him on the roster and not use him, then let the iggles have him for nothing. they better want to trade back some picks for him. Including our lost 2nd rounder and 4th rounder from the McNabb mistake.

I imagine that's what Shanny is thinking. He'll let McNabb walk because he doesn't think the team is worse off with Grossman/Beck, but he knows Fat Albert can still bring it when he wants to. No way he just lets him go to Philly for nothing.

i would never let him go to philly no matter what! find another team to trade with or sit him the whole time he will eventually get tired of never playing and maybe just maybe then he will give in to our system but i would never trade him with in the division. NEVER!

If Albert wants out, and he does, then give back some of that money he took from Snyder. I would never trade him within our division. Let him go back to the Titans if they still want him. I just hope Snyder has learned a lesson about signing FAs to a Carter Blanche friendly contract without performance incentives.

What were they thinking?

I really don't see the point in playing games. Just get rid of the guy already and move on. If they offer a 4th round pick, then I would hope at this point we take it. Enough of this BS.

No way. If Albert Hayneworth goes to the Eagles, he'll be reunited with his old coach and have a chip on his shoulder. You know he'd be chomping at the bit to kick our asses. He'll finish his career in Philly. Get him out of the division.

No way. If Albert Hayneworth goes to the Eagles, he'll be reunited with his old coach and have a chip on his shoulder. You know he'd be chomping at a double bacon cheeseburger. He'll finish his career in Philly. Get him out of the division.

fixed it for you

Great. If they want him so bad they can give us a decent pick in return. If not, take a hike.

Yup. No way do we let him walk to a team we'll see twice a year, every year.

The Lions, Titans, and Bucs can offer a seventh at this point, and I'd take it.

i'm not sure i'd be so scared about facing haynesworth twice a year. first, the guy was never in good enough shape to play at a high level for an entire game to begin with. second, who's to say anyone or anything but a new contract can get him motivated? even at this point, im not sure he'd get motivated for cash.

Why would this guy that is a complete disturbance for our locker room be something different in Philly?

Was TO different from Philly than any other teams he went? Not likely.

He's an ass here, he'll be an ass there. Playing when he wants, and what he wants. If he can do it as it's already been noted, he likes to sleep on the field.

And GHH said it, I'm also pretty sure that our line and RB would love to run all over him twice a year.He could seek revenge, but he laughed at some guys here that they would love to have revenge on him as well.

Why would this guy that is a complete disturbance for our locker room be something different in Philly?

Was TO different from Philly than any other teams he went? Not likely.

He's an ass here, he'll be an ass there. Playing when he wants, and what he wants. If he can do it as it's already been noted, he likes to sleep on the field.

And GHH said it, I'm also pretty sure that our line and RB would love to run all over him twice a year.He could seek revenge, but he laughed at some guys here that they would love to have revenge on him as well.

It's simple...because he will be happy and they will use him correctly. They aren't dumb like us. You people act like he wasnt the most dominant dlineman in the league before he got here.

Philly won't be dumb and tell him to just hold his block & not get upfield, they will let him do what he does best...rush upfield and disrupt the pocket/backfield.

Go head now & make all the jokes calling him fat, lazy or whatever but I gurantee you after the philly game yall will be on here complaining about how he kicked our ass and asking why don't players ever work out here in DC? I'll tell you why...because our team/coaches are always doing something dumb and some dumb fans always side with the coach then when that coach is fired you talk about how bad of a coach he was and all of the mistakes he made.

In a couple of years when shanny is gone we will look back at this as being just 1 of his dumb moves & mistakes.

Do you really think our fans are gonna be able to stomach watching Al dominate us? Especially with him in a eagles uniform. Our oline want revenge against him? Lmao Rabach has no chance of blocking him, get real people, Al will do what he did against that bears center to Rabach the whole damn game.

When Shanny is gone he will be remembered for alienating 2 of the best players on the team Haynesworth & Mcnabb.

Now go ahead and tell me how wrong i am and I'll just bump this thread a year or 2 from now.

So you'd rather keep the biggest single disgrace this organization has EVER had the misfortune to employ IMHO (obviously not in yours); a man who regardless of what scheme he feels he should be in has REPEATEDLY **** all over this organization that keeps him in riches he scarcely deserves, his coaches, his teamamtes and a man ( I use that term VERY loosley with this gutless excuse for one) whom continues to stick a big finger up at every last fan of the Washington Redskins out there; a man who's achieved next to nothing in the game; over a two time SB winning, HoF headed HC who has changed the whole culture of this place from a decades long laugh a minute comedy show into a professional football outfit again?

SERIOUSLY?

Hail.

Archived