Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: St. Louis woman awarded $95 million after former boss allegedly masturbated on her

China

People keep saying "if it was your daughter".

First, it's not.

Second, my daughter would not put up with that crap and would have kicked his ass after the first crossing of the line.

I'm sure we can all agree that if you want to create a separate set of laws for your daughter because she's physically incapable of being raped, you can feel free to campaign for such a change.

Sorry Cali man, I can't get down with that.

If I knew exactly what had happened as happened in this case, I couldn't give my full support to pushing for a rape prosecution. To me, and maybe this is down to their being one clear law in England and not different interpretations by State, rape is penetrative, without consent. This is sexual assault. Whilst both are reprehensible, there's a major difference. Both in punishment and the lasting perception.

As much as I'd hate the guy for what he'd put my daughter through, it wouldn't sit right at all on me to taint the guy with worse than he had done in the name of vengeance. And I'd hope I'd of brought her up to realise the same.

Hail.

But you'd still have the desire to kill him lol...doesn't mean you would, but you'd have no problem seeing his crime worthy of that type of retribution.

I'm sure we can all agree that if you want to create a separate set of laws for your daughter because she's physically incapable of being raped, you can feel free to campaign for such a change.

I wonder if all those frat boys with scrotum on their faces think they were raped.

We can go on tangents if you wish, I am simply telling you that my daughter would not have allowed this to happen over, and over, and over to this point.

I'm not even sure how to tackle this. There are outdated, archaic laws that are still technically on the books all over the world because they're never enforced and nobody ever goes through the entire legal code, line by line, and tries to repeal dumb laws from eighty years ago that aren't enforced. It has nothing to do with the Constitution. Off the top of my head, I believe that in Great Britain, there technically is a law which states that carrots and potatoes are the only foods which may be sold on Sunday. I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with our Constitution, either.

I'm not sure what your trying "to tackle" when we aren't talking about antiquated laws the World over.

The point at hand was the way the Constitution, however amended, gives rights to individual States to decide their own laws to a large degree; which leads to a lot of grey areas and dumb ass laws and interpretations of laws that wouldn't exist if there was one unilateral Federal law on most things. Certainly in major crimes such as rape.

The example z threw out I just chose to make the point with.

Sorry if my views on that offend you as an American.

Hail.

I am amazed by some myself. Sometimes in a bad way.

Me, too...and I've seen my strong, intelligent daughter put it with a little more than I ever expected her to. :(...I've found out that my ridiculously strong, intelligent aunt put up with stuff I would have sworn on a stack of bibles she'd never put up with in a million years. Emotions can truly **** with people's self-esteem and judgement sometimes.

But you'd still have the desire to kill him lol...doesn't mean you would, but you'd have no problem seeing his crime worthy of that type of retribution.

Now your just being pernickety. ******! Lol.

Just because I'd feel hatred toward him and want his ass for what he'd put my daughter through doesn't mean I would, as you rightly said. And there's no way I'd support such a punishment in reality, however pissed I was.

That would take me down to his level.

Hail.

Me, too...and I've seen my strong, intelligent daughter put it with a little more than I ever expected her to. :(...I've found out that my ridiculously strong, intelligent aunt put up with stuff I would have sworn on a stack of bibles she'd never put up with in a million years. Emotions can truly **** with people's self-esteem and judgement sometimes.

I guess, I am oblivious in thinking that the women in my life EXPECT me to protect them and know what is acceptable.

Now your just being pernickety. ******! Lol.

Just because I'd feel hatred toward him and want his ass for what he'd put my daughter through doesn't mean I would, as you rightly said. And there's no way I'd support such a punishment in reality, however pissed I was.

That would take me down to his level.

Hail.

Nah, the only way you'd be down to his level is if your wanting him killed was unprovoked. You, and your imaginary daughter in this imagined scenario, would be looking at the guy's actions through emotional lenses...you'd want him "killed", she'd swear it was "rape". Technical definitions and laws really wouldn't enter into the equation for either of you, I don't think...not for awhile anyway. Me? If the law said that type of sexual assault qualifies as rape and can carry a longer sentence, I'm all for that ****er going away for an extra 5 years or whatever it would be. There's no way this guy won't be penetrating an innocent woman down the line (or hasn't already)...if not doing much, much worse. So, yeah, lock his perverted ass in jail for as long as the law allows.

And your use of persnickety was inspired lol :thumbsup:...makes me think of a thread idea.

I guess, I am oblivious in thinking that the women in my life EXPECT me to protect them and know what is acceptable.

You are aiming your criticism at the wrong woman. The woman who went over her boss's head is not a 'sit there and take it' woman. The woman who went to the authorities after basically being raped is not a weak person. A weak woman would rather suffer in silence than stand up for herself and be called a whore and a slut and a money grubbing attention-seeker. Just read the comments section of that article. Even to this day women who dare stand up for themselves are viciously slandered for their trouble.

This woman was willing to paint that target on herself in order to stand up for what's right. Believe it or not, most people, even strong people, won't put themselves through that. And none of us know who will or will not until they actually face such a test.

I wonder if all those frat boys with scrotum on their faces think they were raped.

We can go on tangents if you wish, I am simply telling you that my daughter would not have allowed this to happen over, and over, and over to this point.

There is absolutely no way you could know that.

No one knows how they will react in one of these bizarre situations until it happens. And no one is immune from sexual assault or rape. To even suggest otherwise almost akin to blaming the victim.

You think the women in my life don't? lol...

It has nothing whatsoever to do with you. It has nothing whatsoever to do with what a female should "know".

I don't think that at all. Any woman should know at an early age. Unfortunately too many predators out there these days. Protection is sometimes information to prevent experience.

You are aiming your criticism at the wrong woman. The woman who went over her boss's head is not a 'sit there and take it' woman. The woman who went to the authorities after basically being raped is not a weak person. A weak woman would rather suffer in silence than stand up for herself and be called a whore and a slut and a money grubbing attention-seeker. Just read the comments section of that article. Even to this day women who dare stand up for themselves are viciously slandered for their trouble.

This woman was willing to paint that target on herself in order to stand up for what's right. Believe it or not, most people, even strong people, won't put themselves through that. And none of us know who will or will not until they actually face such a test.

She is weak. No bones about it to me. She should have kicked his butt, called the cops and had that **** locked up for what he did. I am saying something is off to sit there and deal with it for that long. Most women with respect for themselves will not tolerate that type of behavior these days.

There is absolutely no way you could know that.

No one knows how they will react in one of these bizarre situations until it happens. And no one is immune from sexual assault or rape. To even suggest otherwise almost akin to blaming the victim.

I am not blaming the victim for what he did, but moreso for what she allowed to escalate.

I am saying it is an assault, but not rape.

Realllyyyyy sketchy story. First off, why the **** would the girl continue to work there after the first incident when he came up to her and smacked his male counterpart on her head? Why wouldn't she just leave right there and go to the police?

Secondly, I find it really hard to believe that he somehow got a hold of her, held her down with one arm, while masturbating on her with the other, and she STILL doesn't call the police. Uhmmmm consensual?

lol this nations justice system is a joke. That chick probably laughed all the way to the bank.

Just loving the blame the victim for being in that position comments. We obviously don't know all the evidence presented but it was egregious enough that the award was $15 million for the lawsuit and $80 flippin' million dollars in punitive damages. If they thought she was "consensual" they could have found for the defendant or just awarded her $1.00.

She is weak. No bones about it to me. She should have kicked his butt, called the cops and had that **** locked up for what he did. I am saying something is off to sit there and deal with it for that long. Most women with respect for themselves will not tolerate that type of behavior these days.

I'm a boring old middle aged man, who does not happen to be a psychotic rapist, and I can guarantee you that 95% of women in the world are not capable of kicking my butt. We don't live in the land of action movies. Men are bigger and stronger than women are. Men are capable of physically imposing their will on women pretty much whenever they want, which is why we have laws to protect women. Bosses are capable of financially imposing their will on employees, which is why we have laws to protect people in the workplace. Laws that this woman's employer egregiously ignored.

She didn't 'sit there and deal with it.' She didn't tolerate anything. She reported him to his superiors. When that was ignored she called the cops and sued for damages.

I am not blaming the victim for what he did, but moreso for what she allowed to escalate.

You are absolutely blaming the victim, and it's getting a little disturbing.

I am saying it is an assault, but not rape.

Ripping off a woman's shirt, holding her arms down and rubbing yourself against her until you ejaculate on her bare breasts is right up there with rape. It's a felony and worth a decade or two in jail. Technically, some might not consider it rape but even so I'm not sure why you are so insistent on minimizing the severity of such a crime. Again, I find that a little disturbing.

Archived