Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Therapy to change 'feminine' boy created a troubled man, family says

China

So to make it simple enough for even 2 watt light bulbs to understand, Killing yourself because you can not deal with people not accepting you is a wussy move. Even if you are a sexual deviant, or a wimpy leftwing member of Generation Ipad who just do not want to be in the normal demographic cause its cool to rebel against the machine, there is no way somebody's opinion should have you taking your life.

Dude, he was severely beaten from the age of 5 on. By his parents.

The only reason homosexuality is brought into it is because that's WHY they beat him.

How about we say beating your kid becasue you can not accept him is a wussy move. Even if he is gay, there is no way somebody's opinion of your kid should have you beating the hell out of him. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

So to make it simple enough for even 2 watt light bulbs to understand, Killing yourself because you can not deal with people not accepting you is a wussy move. Even if you are a sexual deviant, or a wimpy leftwing member of Generation Ipad who just do not want to be in the normal demographic cause its cool to rebel against the machine, there is no way somebody's opinion should have you taking your life.

In other words, "Man up, faggot!"

So if you were one of those "sexual deviants" what would you do?

LSF' date='

Thanks for sharing your story. It reflects what I assumed that attitude was in most cases until - God - the last ten years or so? Maybe. Your mileage may vary. My only personal experience with this is with a cousin who was so obviously gay when he was 7 or 8 years old that certain family members simply had to acknowledge it. This was the 70s - though - so it was never brought up to his parents or our grandparents and to be honest, I'm not sure if he is in or out of the closet to this day. (We are not all that terribly close).

Anyway, I digress.

My thought is - and I will stage this as a question to you - what do you think would have happened if your family could have been more open about what your "status" was? Would it have made your life better or worse? Would your parents have locked you in a convent, kicked you out or rallied to your side? Obviously, these are personal questions and you don't have to answer.

But I have to believe that in some ways, the increased openness has also led to situations that are more fraught with danger - emotional, mental, and physical.

I've been reading Dan Savage for years, and he has always given the same advice to gay teenagers in rural or small-town environemnts. His advice is "wait." Find an open-minded college or larger city with a gay subculture and begin your process of coming out of the closet there. He seemed to think that very little good could come of being out and pround at 16 in Cornville, Nebraska. But I grew up in a place like that and found out recenlty that my high school has an LGBT support group. On the one hand, that's a positive sign. On the other hand, I'm worried about the targets those kids in it have become.[/quote']

Good questions, LKB! My life would have been hell. I think my mother suspected because I got the "that kind of woman/girl are dirty, nasty" talks especially in early adolesence. So of course I hid my crushes even more. Since we were not Catholic, no convent for me! But I would have been watched very closely. She sent me to "sex education indoctrination" course at our church that was given for the teens, mixed boys and girls. It was to teach abstinence and the Christian way of love between husbands and wives but there was plenty of "homework" that the kids engaged in after the classes, which were held at night. There used to be plenty of parking spots around my neighborhood and they were filled after that class. My father was largely out of the picture with his own extramarital activities, so he wasn't involved in my life much. My mother in later years, after I came out, slowly came around that I would have girlfriends from then on instead of boyfriends/husband. For a long time, she wanted me to get married but I disabused her of that notion. I've talked about my views on marriage here so I won't go into that.

With more openness, society will change more. I don't discuss myself at the workplace because it's not my clients' business and I don't discuss personal things there anyway. But the rest of my life is an open book. My brother is totally accepting and has been ever since I came out. His wife too. But until more people come out, the danger part will not go away. Hate for gays needs to be called out every single time by anyone who hears it. More and more people of note are coming out too, and that will help.

But people who think like NavyDave certainly have the right to their opinion. But they don't have the right to tell us how to live our lives. We don't dictate to him how he should live his.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 11:06 AM ----------

For some...for most it isn't.

Then I suggest you start doing some research.

So since she has spoken so openly on her thread and I have no shame' date=' I will gladly use her as a club.

NavyDave, in a perfect world of your creation, how do you think LSF should live her life and what should happen to her if she did not abide by those rules?[/quote']

A perfect world of my creation?

No Soccer, No Danny and Shanny ruining my team, No littering, No corruption, No Crime, No Immoral behaviour, No pollution, No disease, No birth defects, No famine, No War, etc?

In a perfect world there would not be humans or animals that would be attracted to the same sex because there would not be birth defects, DNA, Chemical imbalances, etc for it to come about. Or there would a test and a cure for it before the baby was born.

A perfect world would suck.

Everything would have been accomplished, we would have reached the end, there would be nothing to strive for in that world.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 10:14 AM ----------

In other words' date=' "Man up, faggot!"[/quote']

What is funny is I actually heard that phrase when I was stationed in Vallejo and it was a gay girl saying to a gay guy who was dumped and crying in public.

So if you were one of those "sexual deviants" what would you do?

I don't do highly unlikelies and things that won't happen in a million years just like on another board where someone asked what I would do if I was attracted to lil kids or animals.

I don't do highly unlikelies and things that won't happen in a million years just like on another board where someone asked what I would do if I was attracted to lil kids or animals.

That is a serious cop-out.

Man up, Navy.

In a perfect world there would not be humans or animals that would be attracted to the same sex because there would not be birth defects, DNA, Chemical imbalances, etc for it to come about. Or there would a test and a cure for it before the baby was born.

You are very good at never answering my direct questions.

So, I'll keep being a jerk.

Does LSF have a birth defect?

You are clearly uncomfortable with saying that. Why?

When it comes to Suicide IMHO I can agree with it if you are facing an imminent painful horrific death like in the Indian Ocean the jaws of a Great white, or a Bull shark, or an Alligator, or you are down to one bullet while fighting Islamic terrorists and you know that now since you are captured you are getting the acid bath, gutted or slow beheading on TV.

In other words, you're afraid to or don't want to think about it.

You are very good at never answering my direct questions.

So' date=' I'll keep being a jerk.

Does LSF have a birth defect?

You are clearly uncomfortable with saying that. Why?[/quote']

Well she was either born that way or she chose to do it and while I seen some guys who were straight before going full blown gay after failed marriages and other relationships, LSF gives you the impression she may have been born that way and if that is the case then yeah I would say she has a birth defect.

I'm not uncomfortable at all. I'm quite sure that during all of those Super Bowl celebrations I was a part of that I hugged a lot of people who embraced the deviant lifestyle who had to wash the straight off of them afterwards, lol.

Well she was either born that way or she chose to do it and while I seen some guys who were straight before going full blown gay after failed marriages and other relationships, LSF gives you the impression she may have been born that way and if that is the case then yeah I would say she has a birth defect.

I'm not uncomfortable at all. I'm quite sure that during all of those Super Bowl celebrations I was a part of that I hugged a lot of people who embraced the deviant lifestyle who had to wash the straight off of them afterwards, lol.

This is the most ignorant thing I've read on this site and that includes the Stadium.

Thank you for finally laying your cards on the table.

However, this begs the question. If one has a birth defect, one should - theoretically - be treated for it. What type of treatment do you think LSF should receive?

This also begs a larger theological question. If one has a birth defect that causes them to sin, does one actually have free will? And if we do not have free will, what are? What kind of God would say, It's a sin for man to lay down with man and then rig the game so that a man has a chemical in their brain that creates that desire while supressing the desire for the opposite sex?

I have no idea what this means. But that's par for the course with your posts. If half of one of them makes any sort of sense, I'm happy.

Thank you for finally laying your cards on the table.

However' date=' this begs the question. If one has a birth defect, one should - theoretically - be treated for it. What type of treatment do you think LSF should receive?

This also begs a larger theological question. If one has a birth defect that causes them to sin, does one actually have free will? And if we do not have free will, what are? What kind of God would say, It's a sin for man to lay down with man and then rig the game so that a man has a chemical in their brain that creates that desire while supressing the desire for the opposite sex?

I have no idea what this means. But that's par for the course with your posts. If half of one of them makes any sort of sense, I'm happy.[/quote']

Ahh as I figured the God made me this way nonsense.

Are there any Gays that are Bigots? Are there any liberals that are bigots, racists and Islamophobes?

UH...what? That post made less sense than usual.

I think sometimes it depends on what part of his brain the tumor is resting on today. Some of his posts are the online equivalent of a homeless man arguing with himself.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 11:09 AM ----------

Ahh as I figured the God made me this way nonsense.

Are there any Gays that are Bigots? Are there any liberals that are bigots, racists and Islamophobes?

What the hell does that mean? You are saying that - at least in some cases - homosexuality is a birth defect. A compulsion that is not chosen but is inherent. You are the one that said "born this way" not me.

Why should I defend your ideas?

Archived